Increased ticket prices coming soon?

I can't remember if it was previosuly on this thread or another thread that I shared I am usually a 1 or 2 day ticket purchaser. We visit my in-laws once or twice a year who live fairly close to Disney. I HAVE to go to Disney when I'm that close, but as it isn't strictly a "Disney Vacation" we don't purchase discounted multi-day passes. My parents are there right now for two days as a part of their overall Florida vacation. My co-worker took her two kids for one day last fall in the middle of their beach vacation. I know it's all anecdotal, but I'm sure there are a lot of people who vacation to Florida and take the opportunity to spend a day at Disney if they're close enough.

Hmm...just bought the 7-day ticket (actually the DVC deal - which is a 6-day ticket with the 7th-day free - saved nearly 75 cents versus UT prices!) I was guessing we would see about a $20 - $25 increase on that ticket - looks like I was in the ballpark - probably more than $20 since the 4-day is going up by $20. I figured about a 5% price increase. I suppose I should be upset, but I went from paying $6,000 for gasoline in 2014, to $4,000 last year, to probably somewhat less than that this year, so I $50 increase in my Disney trip doesn't have me THAT worked up. Of course, I think we won't be going again until 2018, so I've got a few more price increases to look forward to before I next have to buy tickets.

How much does a 7 day ticket work out to per day? I personally couldn't spend close to $500 for one day for my family. The only day I would do a one day trip would be to come for MNSSHP or MVMCP and just do the hard ticket event. That's just me, everyone will individually judge the cost/benefit for their own family.

How much does a 7 day ticket work out to per day? I personally couldn't spend close to $500 for one day for my family. The only day I would do a one day trip would be to come for MNSSHP or MVMCP and just do the hard ticket event. That's just me, everyone will individually judge the cost/benefit for their own family.

This is what we do when we do our Nov. Universal Trips. One day hard ticket party at MK. Last time we rented DVC points for a 2 night stay at BLT. Worked out great!

I need professional counseling. This ticket increase combined with what could be more substantial increases over the next few years as DHS expansion nears completion has had me researching Universal. I hope they announce a 3rd gate or massive expansion soon. I really want Disney knocked off their Frozen Star Wars high horse.

Wow this party really died. Not as bad as presumed? I presume?

It's died, but IMO it is still pretty bad. A $42.60 increase in the price of a 7 day park hopper ticket is not just a drop in the bucket increase. Sure there were a lot of doomsayer predictions that did not happen, but I'm of the opinion they are coming. This was only the beginning, I presume. :goodvibes

Mostly because it's done and dusted. For one day tickets, it's a big deal. And, even the increase on the multi-days was significant, because I think a 10% increase is nothing to sneeze at. But, overall, I think yeah, probably most of us are "relieved", because we expected them to be tiered. But we all know it's still coming. Whether it's 6 months from now, or February 26, 2017... we all still know it's coming. Tiering one day tickets won't make one bit of difference in attendance issues, and Disney knows it. They just chose this route for "baby steps", to keep the public outrage to a minimum. Give us some time to get used to the idea, then they'll drop the hammer, using the "we realize that we need to take additional measures to control crowds to be able to enhance your visit" excuse.

I could see them maybe tiering the 2- and 3-day tickets, but leaving the longer ones as-is...but they'll still jack up the price again and call them "Peak".

It's died, but IMO it is still pretty bad. A $42.60 increase in the price of a 7 day park hopper ticket is not just a drop in the bucket increase. Sure there were a lot of doomsayer predictions that did not happen, but I'm of the opinion they are coming. This was only the beginning, I presume. :goodvibes
Yep, this seems to be only the beginning.

I could see them maybe tiering the 2- and 3-day tickets, but leaving the longer ones as-is...but they'll still jack up the price again and call them "Peak".

Sure...it's a means to an end.

People seem to have forgotten what a ticket is...a means to trap you in their complex of gift shops.

It's not to "make money"

So by that logic...it makes sense to "penalize" one day tickets...and then it would make sense to extend that tax to short multidays too. Extend the lockdown.

I always thought they make the 10 day ticket vastly cheaper than 3-9 day tickets...and lock people in to the psychology of "free vacation".

At wdw? It would work.

I'm no economist but my guess the average US employee did not get a 5% raise this year. And unlike the movement by some US corporations to increase the base wage for their employees, I doubt Disney cast members are getting a 5% raise this year.

I think the strongest correlation would be seen in a graph of ticket prices versus executive compensation.

I am not sure how a "limited attraction" model would work. Are they saying that you can buy a ticket that will limit how many rides you can ride in a day? If they do that , how do they manage it. Right now they don't scan every magic band/card on every ride. That's what they would have to do. I can't Imagine that they are very likely to find that a good investment worth the extra income for having a cheaper limited attraction ticket.

In other news - I bought park tickets for my wife and I for October - we still don't know if our daughter will come with us, she says she doesn't want to. (Teenagers.)

Let her bring a friend-- she'll be there. I'm 4 times through.

at the risk of being redundant-- last september 285 for my seasonal resident pass from AAA

I think the traditional Florida resident tickets are gonna go away and be replaced with more of a "tiered" annual as we saw in last year's roll
Out.

But I do understand your point that you can get a comparatively cheap pass for Florida residents.

I think the traditional Florida resident tickets are gonna go away and be replaced with more of a "tiered" annual as we saw in last year's roll
Out.

But I do understand your point that you can get a comparatively cheap pass for Florida residents.

Every year we wait for it to happen (fingers crossed).... Ten years ago when we moved here they were 200-- As my kids grew up and we stopped buying for them one at a time, the price seemed to remain the same with less people-- 6 for 1200, 5 for 1150, 4 for about the same-- now we hit under 900 for 3--- In the next few years I'm sure the 3 will hit 1200 again... but really not complaining. I'll have to duck the flying fruit....

Tokyo Disney will increase their ticket prices for the third consecutive year beginning on April 1st. A 1-Day / 1-Park ticket will increase by roughly 7% to 7,400 yen ($60.51). This is still the least expensive Disney theme park ticket when you compare it to the cost of admission to Disney's most expensive park (Magic Kingdom) which rose to $124 on a Peak Day. This price is equivalent to 14,119 yen, almost twice the price of a ticket to Tokyo Disneyland.

Tokyo Disney will increase their ticket prices for the third consecutive year beginning on April 1st. A 1-Day / 1-Park ticket will increase by roughly 7% to 7,400 yen ($60.51). This is still the least expensive Disney theme park ticket when you compare it to the cost of admission to Disney's most expensive park (Magic Kingdom) which rose to $124 on a Peak Day. This price is equivalent to 14,119 yen, almost twice the price of a ticket to Tokyo Disneyland.

I'm not sure that you can really compare park prices from other countries simply by doing a currency conversion. You'd need to factor in average spending income somehow.

Only the beginning?

So if you want to bum yourself out - here's the price increase that took place in June 2012.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/walt-disney-world-resort-ticket-prices-2012/

A 7-day ticket with hopper was a whopping $345 + tax. Now it's $439 + tax.

Wow! In late Nov. 2012, we bought the special DVC offer--the PREMIUM Annual Pass--for ONLY $399 ea plus tax.
THAT was the SAME price we paid in 2010 for a DVC discounted(same as FL Resident price)Regular Annual Pass. In 2009, we only paid like $350 ea. In Sept. 2015, we bought the APs before our trip to book the FP+s @ 60 days out. The $563 ea was HUGE sticker shock, but @ least we missed that unexpected Oct. 2015 AP price increase.
Hopefully Disney will KEEP the FL Resident discounted Tix/seasonal passes & the DVC AP discount in their future rounds of Tix increases. YET, I do not trust the bean counters. They KNOW FL residents & DVC owners are repeat guests, & may target them next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter