Increased ticket prices coming soon?

I'm looking at doing Atlantis in a few years (2018/2019). I'm also researching into universal right around then.

They are losing me, I fear. Not that they care. Hopefully dvc prices will stay the same or more in the resale market when we execute our exit strategy....

I'm looking at doing Atlantis in a few years (2018/2019). I'm also researching into universal right around then.

They are losing me, I fear. Not that they care. Hopefully dvc prices will stay the same or more in the resale market when we execute our exit strategy....

Other than economic concerns I would hang on to them. Maybe rent out the next few years since you wont be going. So many new Lands and attractions coming they will likely keep increasing IMO, then dump it.

Other than economic concerns I would hang on to them. Maybe rent out the next few years since you wont be going. So many new Lands and attractions coming they will likely keep increasing IMO, then dump it.

Oh we are keeping bwv until at least 2020, and likely selling our BLT around then. We have way too many points (for us-- 400 but we really only need 200). I was bitten by the addonitis bug, lol.

I am curious, even excited, about the new attractions. We still plan on going Dec 2016, maybe Atlantis October 2017, then food n wine in December 2018. Lol.

Does everyone plan their vacations 3-5 years in advance?!

Actually - I think I'm OK posting a link to allears...if not I apologize to the mods in advance...but if you REALLY want to be depressed, page through the historical ticket price page:

http://allears.net/tix/tickethistory.htm

Depressing facts from these pages:
5 day 3-park ticket in 1990 = $117
Tickets for MNSSHP in 2004 = $31.95 Advance Purchase (That's a 231% increase in 12 years. In the same time, a 7-day hopper ticket has gone up from $234 to $439, about 87%.)
1982 - The year Epcot opened. Disney's first ever "park hopping" ticket - $60 for 6-day ticket. $15 for a one-day, one-park ticket.

Wow! In late Nov. 2012, we bought the special DVC offer--the PREMIUM Annual Pass--for ONLY $399 ea plus tax.
THAT was the SAME price we paid in 2010 for a DVC discounted(same as FL Resident price)Regular Annual Pass. In 2009, we only paid like $350 ea. In Sept. 2015, we bought the APs before our trip to book the FP+s @ 60 days out. The $563 ea was HUGE sticker shock, but @ least we missed that unexpected Oct. 2015 AP price increase.
Hopefully Disney will KEEP the FL Resident discounted Tix/seasonal passes & the DVC AP discount in their future rounds of Tix increases. YET, I do not trust the bean counters. They KNOW FL residents & DVC owners are repeat guests, & may target them next.

The "discounted" DVC annual ans premium are now $700/$800 respectively...

I hope they don't start "targeting us"

We got DVC gold (the one with blackout dates) passes this season, price out the door was $585 per pass ($549 on the sticker).

So... is it time to start the "Ticket Price Increases for 2016" prediction thread then? :D

February 26th, 2017. Assuming they don't push tiered changes, etc. sometime later this year.

Every three years they move the increases up by 3 months. This year prices will go up in November again. (Which not co-incidently was when they announced the tiered APs in 2015.)

Every three years they move the increases up by 3 months. This year prices will go up in November again. (Which not co-incidently was when they announced the tiered APs in 2015.)

Nah...it was August for I think 5 years, then moved to June (2 months) for three years, then up to February (4 months)...pattern not evident...

Don't forget, sometimes they do two increases in one year...

I did mention that. :) But that's harder to predict...you never know when a suit says, "Raise prices...I need a new vacation home!"

Nah...it was August for I think 5 years, then moved to June (2 months) for three years, then up to February (4 months)...pattern not evident...

Since Magic Your Way came in in 2005:
Jan 2005 - 2006 (2 years)
Aug 2006 - 2010 (5 years)
Jun 2011 - 2013 (3 years)
Feb 2014 - 2016 (3 years)

So, you are correct, January was 2 years, August was 5 years, June was 3 years, Feb. has been 3 years. Not quite a pattern, but the LAST move was after 3 years, and the fact that they moved the AP increase to November tells me their going to move it up again to match up with the AP increase. I of course could be wrong, I think we can be pretty certain it won't be later than next February, and based on past patterns COULD be as early as November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!