Incredibles 2

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
So let's discuss.

Use a spoiler tag if you want to discuss spoilers.

I saw this yesterday in a sold out theater.

First, I feel I need to say that the original was never my favorite Pixar movie, it was solidly in the middle of the pack.

That being said, my favorite things from the original carried over. The music, the art style, the setting.

I enjoyed elastigirl being at the forefront of this movie. I also enjoyed jack Jack.

I didn't think the plot was super strong. The villain was very obvious, I don't think it has as strong of a 'coming together as a family message' as the first had.

I didn't think there was a lot of character growth.

I did enjoy watching it, though I probably don't need to see it again for a while.

I did appreciate that they didn't go overboard with Edna, since that is a character who is excellent in small doses.

Did anyone else think that the family at the end, while people were watching the screens, reminded them of the spaceship earth family whose watching the moon landing, or was that just me?

Coming out of our theater, we were next to a mom and her maybe 6-7 year old daughter. The daughter said she 'hated it'. The mom told her she didn't really think it was a kid's movie and I have to agree.

I thought it was incredibly dark in places, in tone and style.

Also, holy Batman this movie needs a seizure warning in front of it. There were several moments that were making me look away. So many flashing lights.

All that said, pretty sure the movie will make tons of money and be a big success. However, I do think it lacked the heart of the original and I hope they don't push for another movie.

Almost 2 hours? That is the same length almost as the first one.

Seeing it tomorrow with my son (5 1/2). We both are looking forward to it.

Even though I don't consider the first movie a "kids" movie (most Pixar movies with the exception of Cars and Toy Story I wouldn't categorize as "kids" movies in plot and tone), my son watched it for the first time when he was 2-3 actually. The action, the super powers .. he loved it (and he loved the Incredibles Dance party in Tomorrowland when we went to WDW on his 3rd birthday. Years later and he still loves it. (We watched Incredibles 1 just the other day).

It feels like it has the same tone, so I think we will like this one too.

I like how (because it is animation and not live-action) they are able to pick this movie up from the end of the last.

His 1 1/2 year old sister (just from reading books/stories and watching the "Jack Jack Attack" short) is enamored with baby Jack Jack. She goes around saying "Jack Jack" in this most adorable voice. She won't be going to see the movie but we picked up a Jack Jack doll on the cheap at Toys R Us that she will be getting instead. :).

Wish we were going to WDW this summer to experience some of the Incredibles stuff they are doing in the parks.

We enjoyed it and thought it had a lot of same humor as first movie. Best film ever-no, but thoroughly enjoyable.

So let's discuss.

Use a spoiler tag if you want to discuss spoilers.

I saw this yesterday in a sold out theater.

First, I feel I need to say that the original was never my favorite Pixar movie, it was solidly in the middle of the pack.

That being said, my favorite things from the original carried over. The music, the art style, the setting.

I enjoyed elastigirl being at the forefront of this movie. I also enjoyed jack Jack.

I didn't think the plot was super strong. The villain was very obvious, I don't think it has as strong of a 'coming together as a family message' as the first had.

I didn't think there was a lot of character growth.

I did enjoy watching it, though I probably don't need to see it again for a while.

I did appreciate that they didn't go overboard with Edna, since that is a character who is excellent in small doses.

Did anyone else think that the family at the end, while people were watching the screens, reminded them of the spaceship earth family whose watching the moon landing, or was that just me?

Coming out of our theater, we were next to a mom and her maybe 6-7 year old daughter. The daughter said she 'hated it'. The mom told her she didn't really think it was a kid's movie and I have to agree.

I thought it was incredibly dark in places, in tone and style.

Also, holy Batman this movie needs a seizure warning in front of it. There were several moments that were making me look away. So many flashing lights.

All that said, pretty sure the movie will make tons of money and be a big success. However, I do think it lacked the heart of the original and I hope they don't push for another movie.

We plan on seeing it tonight. Although I’m seeing some things online about there being some profanity used so that’s got me 2nd guessing taking our 2 yr old. Would you be able to comment on that? Thanks!

I wasn’t looking for profanity but I don’t remember any. Pretty much agree with the OP. It was very predictable, Elastigirl was awesome and I LOVED jack jack.

We plan on seeing it tonight. Although I’m seeing some things online about there being some profanity used so that’s got me 2nd guessing taking our 2 yr old. Would you be able to comment on that? Thanks!

Profanity..... Maybe a beaver's dam. I can't think of anything else.

The tone of the movie is a bit dark. I might Google a parent warning about the movie and see what they say about the age that should watch.

I saw it last night as well. I thought it was...

INCREDIBLE! :tongue:

Anyway, I actually liked it much better than the first one. One would probably think the first one would have been one of my top Pixar movies (I mean, Brad Bird, Superheroes), but it never really was. That said, I think this one is more exciting and shows a larger world, which I really appreciated. Yes, the plot it a tad rote and predictable, but it's still a fun ride.

I can point out the "profanity" for anyone who wants to know: One was mentioned already, and it's a lot like "darn." The other is a very brief word, "Cr--," that refers to a bodily function. I'll put the quote in spoiler tags.
"I'm Mr. Incredible! I eat thunder and cr-- lightning!"
It's actually barely audible. These are both pretty minor swears if you ask me.

On another note, who else found Bao kind of disturbing? What the...?

Last edited:
Saw it last night in a packed theatre. The audience response was very positive. We loved the movie and felt it was great entertainment. I don't recall any profanity (except for the dufus sitting behind us). Jack Jack was totally awesome as was all of the family, who all had a chance to shine in the film. We'd absolutely go see an Incredibles 3 in the future.

I saw it last night as well. I thought it was...

INCREDIBLE! :tongue:

Anyway, I actually liked it much better than the first one. One would probably think the first one would have been one of my top Pixar movies (I mean, Brad Bird, Superheroes), but it never really was. That said, I think this one is more exciting and shows a larger world, which I really appreciated. Yes, the plot it a tad rote and predictable, but it's still a fun ride.

I can point out the "profanity" fro anyone who wants to know: One was mentioned already, and it's a lot like "darn." The other is a very brief word, "Cr--," that refers to a bodily function. I'll put the quote in spoiler tags.
"I'm Mr. Incredible! I eat thunder and cr-- lightning!"
It's actually barely audible. These are both pretty minor swears if you ask me.

On another note, who else found Bao kind of disturbing? What the...?

Does anyone have any reactions from their kids about the short who'd like to share? What'd they think?

I'm so with you on bao. My mouth actually fell open at that

I was so shocked when she ate him! Probably most shocking thing I've seen in a film in a while. Ok, maybe I get the message about letting go of your kids... But I sincerely doubt kids will pick up on that. So to kids it looks like she ate the dumpling and it never showed back up again. Not appropriate for a kid's movie.

Does anyone have any reactions from their kids about the short who'd like to share? What'd they think?

I'm so with you on bao. My mouth actually fell open at that

I was so shocked when she ate him! Probably most shocking thing I've seen in a film in a while. Ok, maybe I get the message about letting go of your kids... But I sincerely doubt kids will pick up on that. So to kids it looks like she ate the dumpling and it never showed back up again. Not appropriate for a kid's movie.

Yeah, that part had the whole theater kind of gasp, then kind of laugh, but like a nervous laugh. I get that it was a metaphor and a dream, but the whole thing was just kinda, "Whaaaa...?" I don't know that I'd go so far as to call it inappropriate. I tend to think kids are sharper about this kind of stuff than we think usually. As Walt Disney said, "But I don”t believe in playing down to children, either in life or in motion pictures. I didn't treat my own youngsters like fragile flowers, and I think no parent should." Still, it was certainly quite the weird little short.

Yeah, that part had the whole theater kind of gasp, then kind of laugh, but like a nervous laugh. I get that it was a metaphor and a dream, but the whole thing was just kinda, "Whaaaa...?" I don't know that I'd go so far as to call it inappropriate. I tend to think kids are sharper about this kind of stuff than we think usually. As Walt Disney said, "But I don”t believe in playing down to children, either in life or in motion pictures. I didn't treat my own youngsters like fragile flowers, and I think no parent should." Still, it was certainly quite the weird little short.

Yeah that's why I'm interested in hearing anyone chime in with their kid's reactions and thoughts.

It could depend on age as well. Maybe a 12 year old gets it but a 5 year old doesn't.

For you box-office watchers out there, Incredibles 2 scored a massive $18.5M in Thursday night previews! This thing is on it's way to a $150M plus opening weekend, which will easily be a record for an animated film.

For you box-office watchers out there, Incredibles 2 scored a massive $18.5M in Thursday night previews! This thing is on it's way to a $150M plus opening weekend, which will easily be a record for an animated film.

Those numbers kind of scare me. With this and finding Dory, I feel Pixar will just be pushed to do more and more sequels, whereas I really like their original movies.

Those numbers kind of scare me. With this and finding Dory, I feel Pixar will just be pushed to do more and more sequels, whereas I really like their original movies.

Yeah, I agree, but the sequels make the $$$$. That's more than double Finding Dory's preview night, and that is the previous record holder.

Also, just a tip, stay through the credits. There is not a stinger scene like a Marvel movie would have, but there is a great auditory surprise that put a smile on my face for sure.

For any who want to know:
In the film it is stated that Mr. Incredible, Elasti-Girl, and Frozone all have their own theme-songs (with a character singing a little). All three themes are played toward the end of the credits and they are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!