Independence Day - WHICH PARK?

Which park?

• Total voters
We're currently planning on Epcot during the day, devoting most of the day to Voices of Liberty (our favorite!), and then hopping over to MK for fireworks and the late closure. We aren't going to be arriving until after fireworks on the 3rd.

MK would be the most likely to close if at all. A park hasn’t reached full closure since like 2009. If you have an ADR or FP in that park you’ll be fine.
.....:scratchin.....ahhhhh, didn't think of that...

Canada
Le Cellier *

U. K.
Rose and Crown *

France
Chefs de France
Monsieur Paul

Morocco
Spice Road Table
Restaurant Marrakesh

Japan
Tokyo Dining **
Teppan Edo **

The American Adventure

Italy
Tutto Italia *
Via Napoli *

Germany
Biergarten *

China
Nine Dragons **

Norway
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall ** [BLECCCHHHH]

Mexico
San Angel

* eaten here already
** no way (limited or no GF options for my DH)

I'm 99% sure we are going to spend the day at EPCOT....now, which sit-down to choose? We do not want go to a location that has an asterisk...

Last edited:

The only time we have ever been on the 4th of July I choose Epcot. Seemed more manageable and I make the girls go to Epcot America every trip to watch the American Experience show. I really want them to understand why I served

The only time we have ever been on the 4th of July I choose Epcot. Seemed more manageable and I make the girls go to Epcot America every trip to watch the American Experience show. I really want them to understand why I served

Thank you for your service....
thanks-soldier.gif

Thank you for your service....
thanks-soldier.gif
Well I loved the Marines but a cannot lie I joined to get off the farm, All they wanted me to do in the Marines was get up at 05:30 (heaven to a farm boy), put on boots and run a few miles. Really the Marines we a lot easier and more fun than the farm.

Since it's for the 4th of July I suggest eating at Chefs de France, since the French did help the colonists win the American Revolution 🤣

I noticed that you didn't list anywhere in Future World as a meal option. We think Garden Grill is somewhat under-rated, appeals to most tastes, and is unique because it rotates above scenes from Living with the Land and offers character interaction with Chip/Dale/Mickey/Pluto.

We visited last year on the Fourth of July, and I *think* we ate at Garden Grill on that visit, but we've been back a couple times since so I can't remember for sure.

....ahhh, just noticed YOUR countdown thingie....and where will YOU be? :rolleyes1
lol we'll be in MK on the 4th, possibly stopping in Epcot for a bit earlier in the day :-) We don't arrive until about 5:30pm on the 3rd so we're doing dinner at Narcoossee's and watching the fireworks from there!

I noticed that you didn't list anywhere in Future World as a meal option. We think Garden Grill is somewhat under-rated, appeals to most tastes, and is unique because it rotates above scenes from Living with the Land and offers character interaction with Chip/Dale/Mickey/Pluto....
UPDATE: funny you should mention this because we wound up eating at Sunshine Seasons....

enhance

...and, we watched the fireworks on the 3rd from the bridge between England and France:

enhance

...and again on the 4th from the BC/YC beach, where we were staying:

enhance

Been at the 4th numerous times with the actual 4th being mid week, weekends you name it...
overall...
AK is a bust for firework imo, not enough good viewing spots
HS is better but still limited
EP is great because you can see anywhere and it doesn’t feel crowded
MK is full sardine can but the environment can’t be beat
this yr, 2020 the 4th is a Saturday so the crowds will be bigger vs mid week. I would suggest MK the 3rd and EP the 4th

Been at the 4th numerous times with the actual 4th being mid week, weekends you name it...
overall...
AK is a bust for firework imo, not enough good viewing spots
HS is better but still limited
EP is great because you can see anywhere and it doesn’t feel crowded
MK is full sardine can but the environment can’t be beat
this yr, 2020 the 4th is a Saturday so the crowds will be bigger vs mid week. I would suggest MK the 3rd and EP the 4th
....I don't know if they will be allowing crowds like previously, what, with the pandemic. My DS is a CM at Disney Springs, and he seems to thinks that Epcot will be the last park to reopen, and not before July 4th...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter