Independence post-refurbishment

TEM1234

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been on Independence since the refurbishment? We have been on there a few times, and kind of prefer the Allure or Oasis with my kids (8,6,5,2). But looking at what has been done we are considering giving Independence another try. Can anyone provide insight who may have cruised on Oasis previously and Independence recently?

Thanks

Going in 5 weeks so can report back. But as a preview, we were on Mariner in August which had the same amped things added....waterslides, sky pad, laser tag...all a ton of fun. My younger one actually preferred Mariner things over Allure just because there was more for her to do.

Ive not done oasis but for your age kids, new independence has: splash away bay (with a diaper splash area if your 2 yo isn’t fully potty trained), flowrider, perfect storm water slides, skypad (virtual reality trampolines), Rockwall (and a little kiddie climbing structure), mini golf, laser tag, ice skating, Ice shows, silent disco, and the kids clubs. And everything listed is no extra cost.

We just booked Independence, but the dry dock was only new attractions and new cabins. The existing cabins were left alone. I'm waiting on reviews to start coming in especially about over crowding due to the new cabins. The first US sailing this year was a swingers cruise that just finished so I doubt we'll see a review!

Well, not on the DIS at least.

Looking at booking Navigator for Jan 2020 (so post dry dock). We will see if that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter