** INDEXED ** WW~Brownie muffins~~1 point each

disneyfanz04

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team Captain<br>
Just got this recipe from my meeting on Saturday. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds good.

1 package Betty Crocker low fat brownie mix
3 cups Kellogg's All Bran
2 1/4 cups water
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour the water over the All Bran and let it soak up for about 5 minutes in a small bowl.
In a large bowl stir together brownie mix, All Bran, and baking powder. Mix well until mixture is moist.
Place paper cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
Fill up each of the twelve cupcake liners to the very top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Yeilds 12 muffins. 1 point each!!

Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to give it a try. I have a Corn recipe that I'll post once we give it a try this week.

Can't you just use the mix and add 12 oz. of seltzer or coke to get the same result?

That's what I do with cake and brownie mixes. It's a lot less money and mess.

Laurajean1014 said:
Can't you just use the mix and add 12 oz. of seltzer or coke to get the same result?

That's what I do with cake and brownie mixes. It's a lot less money and mess.

:confused3 :confused3 I don't know, I just got this from WW and thought I would share. I think with the All Bran it gives it more fiber??????? :confused3 :confused3

First of all thank you for posting. I pop in here once in a while to try and find delicious, healthy meal ideas and lo-cal treats (which are pretty hard to find). So this recipe really caught my eye because 1 point had to be lo-cal.

However I am writing this as a caution because when I checked out the nutritional value labels on the Betty Crocker low-fat brownie mix at the grocery store I saw that one twelth of a package has about 160+ calories. Add a quarter cup of All Bran at 45 calories and that's over 200 calories for one muffin. Plus there is about 2.5 g of fat.

Now I don't belong to WW so maybe there's more to it than what I thought but I have seen the formula for calculating points in on-line articles and essentially 50 calories = 1 point plus fat counts for a bit and fiber can reduce the point value but only by a maximum of not even one point.

According to all this (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), this recipe made into a batch of 12 muffins should be more like 3.5 points per muffin instead of 1 point.

I know that products can differ in different parts of the country so maybe the nutriton value of your Betty Crocker mix is not the same as mine but please double check.

kalamazoo said:
However I am writing this as a caution because when I checked out the nutritional value labels on the Betty Crocker low-fat brownie mix at the grocery store I saw that one twelth of a package has about 160+ calories.

I have not made this yet, but I would have to guess(and maybe someone who has the box can tell me if I am right, if not I will go to the store and check it myself) that the nutritional facts that you saw were for prepared mix...this is probably mixed with oil and egg????? The recipe I posted is for dry mix so maybe that is were the points aren't adding up????

Try the cake mix with seltzer. They are terrific. I use Lemon cake mix and I use a lemon or lime flavored seltzer. Truly 1 point each. You can add poppy seeds to the mix to get a lemon poppy muffin.

I like to add FF Cool Whip and fresh strawberries for a very flavorful dessert! :duck:

disneyfanz04 said:
I have not made this yet, but I would have to guess(and maybe someone who has the box can tell me if I am right, if not I will go to the store and check it myself) that the nutritional facts that you saw were for prepared mix...this is probably mixed with oil and egg????? The recipe I posted is for dry mix so maybe that is were the points aren't adding up????

That's what I thought too but the preparation directions on the box said to just mix with water.

It seems to me that whatever mix you use would basically have to be one point/serving to start with since the quarter cup of All Bran should be about 0 points (the fiber cancels out the calories though there is a bit of fat so it's not really 0 but close enough I guess). So adding the All Bran doesn't really reduce the points it just makes the treat more healthy and filling because of the fiber.

I might check out that cake mix idea and also look around for really low calorie brownie mixes.

I just felt obliged to warn people to check the nutritional value panel before you buy to see if it will really be one point. I would hate for OP and others to be thinking they are eating 1 point when it's really 3 - 3.5 points (imagine the damage if someone decided to splurge and have 2 for "2" points).

kalamazoo said:
I just felt obliged to warn people to check the nutritional value panel before you buy to see if it will really be one point. I would hate for OP and others to be thinking they are eating 1 point when it's really 3 - 3.5 points (imagine the damage if someone decided to splurge and have 2 for "2" points).

And thank you very much...I def. wouldn't want to think I am eating 2 points when really I am having 7 :eek: . When I go to my meeting on Sat., I will ask the leader who gave us the recipe and see what she say, then I will post back here. Thanks again!!

:wave:

I would like to try this recipe, but can not find the Betty Crocker Lowfat Brownie Mix :confused3

Could someone please tell me where to find it.........thank you!

Laurajean1014 said:
Try the cake mix with seltzer. They are terrific. I use Lemon cake mix and I use a lemon or lime flavored seltzer. Truly 1 point each. You can add poppy seeds to the mix to get a lemon poppy muffin.

I like to add FF Cool Whip and fresh strawberries for a very flavorful dessert! :duck:
Is this listed on the cake box? how much seltzer and does it matter what brand of cake mix you use? I love lemony things and want to try this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter