India Pavilion in EPCOT?

[QUOTE="Tigger in a kilt, post: 59809282,
I’m very disappointed to hear this!:p It was definitely a very bizarre thing to have come up with, but I kind of want a pickle Christmas tree now. Maybe you could start a new trend in Germany!

I also feel the urgent need of a Christmas pickle tree! German pickle trees for everyone!!! :flower3:[/QUOTE]

Hurray!

I always assumed it was because if you made it to Christmas and still had pickles to eat you were lucky and prosperous. There are lots of Pennsylvania Dutch food related holidays. You must eat pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day, and Mardi Grad is called Fastnacht Day and you eat Fastnachts, a special potato flour doughnut.

I'm now excited for an Australia addition to AK. Probably better fit there with the "adorable animals (and not the ones that want to kill you)" plus a restaurant than at World Showcase.

I'd love an India pavilion too. Where do I sign the petitions?

I always assumed it was because if you made it to Christmas and still had pickles to eat you were lucky and prosperous. There are lots of Pennsylvania Dutch food related holidays. You must eat pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day, and Mardi Grad is called Fastnacht Day and you eat Fastnachts, a special potato flour doughnut.

I've heard something similar. A lot of US ethnic traditions grew out of early settlers celebrating the abundance of things that were scarce in the old country.

There have been so many rumors about pavilions coming to EPCOT. Brazil, Spain, Australia, India, Israel have all sounded really fun. I just hope we see one or two of them actually happen.
I don’t see Israel happening anytime soon for similar reasons to Russia

I’d rather have Greece than Spain if we do Western Europe though both would be great
We need an Eastern Europe (Czech?) another Africa(Egypt!) Australia, India, and a South American (is prefer Peru but if Brazil means I can get that bread year round I’m in)

Tbh India can go to aK if it means it frees up the space for a different pavilion. Because then it’s like getting 3 new ones!

I totally agree, which was what I was trying to say - Disney would need to work out whether a Brazil pavilion would attract more South American guests, but I personally doubt it.

I’m in the U.K., and the only thing people from here seem to enjoy about the U.K. pavilion is walking around looking at prices and being astonished that they can sell basic British supermarket items for such a huge mark up. Other than that, the consensus seems to be that it’s a bit embarrassing. I would guess that other nationalities probably feel fairly similarly about their pavilions.

I’m sure I will now get lots of Brits telling me that they love the U.K. pavilion, but that’s what people in real life have been telling me since I started planning my upcoming trip.

There is nothing "embarrassing" about any pavilions. All are very authentic and have done a great job short of actually being in their respective countries. Sounds like your friends are cherry picking. Of course nothing will blow you away. It is what you are used to. Everything at disney is marked up. Get used to it. What did you expect? The USA pavilion is great and I live here.

I don’t see Israel happening anytime soon for similar reasons to Russia

I’d rather have Greece than Spain if we do Western Europe though both would be great
We need an Eastern Europe (Czech?) another Africa(Egypt!) Australia, India, and a South American (is prefer Peru but if Brazil means I can get that bread year round I’m in)

Tbh India can go to aK if it means it frees up the space for a different pavilion. Because then it’s like getting 3 new ones!

greece would be great! Egypt? no, they already have a north africa nation in morocco. that is enough. I would take south africa though. especially with some kwa-zulu natal province influence.

There is nothing "embarrassing" about any pavilions. All are very authentic and have done a great job short of actually being in their respective countries. Sounds like your friends are cherry picking. Of course nothing will blow you away. It is what you are used to. Everything at disney is marked up. Get used to it. What did you expect? The USA pavilion is great and I live here.
The USA pavilion is great? It might be entertaining and nice looking but the attraction is a history lesson of sorts and probably not too interesting to many foreign visitors. More importantly the food is rather sad.

Many of the pavilions are just pictures of what nation's tourist spots look like along with IP that has little to do with the country itself. All of that is fine but not particularly representative in my opinion.

The USA pavilion is great? It might be entertaining and nice looking but the attraction is a history lesson of sorts and probably not too interesting to many foreign visitors. More importantly the food is rather sad.

Many of the pavilions are just pictures of what nation's tourist spots look like along with IP that has little to do with the country itself. All of that is fine but not particularly representative in my opinion.

One thing I do lis be about the pavilions is the CMs working there from the respective countries- they are usually some of the most friendly CMs and often I’ve talking about where they are from

I view the pavilions as great introductions to the countries and just a fun place to explore. Like, the France pavilion isn’t a substitute for visiting France but it might peak your interest to then go there in real life

I think I am a bit more positive than you on the entertainment in the America pavilion - but agree the food is a letdown and not a great example of what food here can be. Love for them to do something like authentic bbq or a real craft beer bar

The attraction is fine. The optics are great. Visitors i have spoken with like it. Every country has to choose something to go with and a few use either a historical or geographical or cultural concept. I never mentioned the food at USA pavillion. I do not go there to eat. I won't doubt that could use some work probably at least in quality and maybe selection as a guess. I will give you that. You realize how many types of food represent the USA? Much easier for other countries to give a good sample and many do. I was speaking as a whole. Nobody can put in everything that covers everything! Especially the USA. think about it. The whole darn world showcase could be all just USa and it still would not cover everything we have. You are not looking at the big picture. If you are expecting each pavilion to have everything you are in the wrong spot.

One thing I do lis be about the pavilions is the CMs working there from the respective countries- they are usually some of the most friendly CMs and often I’ve talking about where they are from

I view the pavilions as great introductions to the countries and just a fun place to explore. Like, the France pavilion isn’t a substitute for visiting France but it might peak your interest to then go there in real life

I think I am a bit more positive than you on the entertainment in the America pavilion - but agree the food is a letdown and not a great example of what food here can be. Love for them to do something like authentic bbq or a real craft beer bar

exactly. no pavilion is a substitute for visiting. yes, the CM's are great. I speak some spanish and Italian and it makes things much easier and better when we go to tutto italia or via napoli. good food, wine and conversations. MAybe some great BBQ or cajun food would help the USA pavillion! hah. again, so many different cuisines here. They would probably be better off doing that because you can get the basic hamburgers in all parks which are NOT great. hopefully nobody thinks that is a good sample of an american burger. again, if you want all the best america can offer in ONE PAVILION you would need the whole park!

exactly. no pavilion is a substitute for visiting. yes, the CM's are great. I speak some spanish and Italian and it makes things much easier and better when we go to tutto italia or via napoli. good food, wine and conversations. MAybe some great BBQ or cajun food would help the USA pavillion! hah. again, so many different cuisines here. They would probably be better off doing that because you can get the basic hamburgers in all parks which are NOT great. hopefully nobody thinks that is a good sample of an american burger. again, if you want all the best america can offer in ONE PAVILION you would need the whole park!
You don't need all of the best that the United States has to offer. I agree that the U.S. has tons of great things but I do believe that a better representation could be done. The other nations certainly don't show everything they have but they at least try to show something unique even if only from a touristy perspective. I count Morocco as an exception because of the amazing craftsmanship which far surpasses anything else in WS in my opinion and also Norway since it shows virtually nothing that has anything to do with Norway. But yes, the CMs are amazing as they tend to be all over WDW. I couldn't agree more with that.

All of that aside, I do hope that a new pavilion is in the works. I'd settle for India or Spain or Brazil or...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter