Indian Hills and Windsor Hills

TeacherDL

Mouseketeer
We have always stayed on property. However, since my oldest 19 year old daughter wants to bring her boyfriend and our youngest is 13, I'm thinking we need more room (we usually stay deluxe and the thoughts of all five of us in one hotel room does not sound pleasant).
So, I've looked at mostly four bedroom homes at each of these places, but Indian Creek seems a little less expensive. What are the differences? Are they close to each other? I'd appreciate any advice!

Last edited:
Windsor Hills is a gated resort and has a community pool with zero entry and slide, as well as a shop and movie theater. Indian Creek is not a gated resort, so you won't have amenities beyond the property you rent. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As was said above WH is gated and has a lot of community facilities: large pool with waterslide, store, movie theatre, fitness room, playgrounds, sports stuff etc. Indian Creek is not gated and only has a small playground, tennis court and sports field (bring your own equip). Indian Creek has only 4 - 6 br. pool homes. It's a couple years older than WH but a lot of the homes have been completely rennov. and are very nice. It's about a half mile from WH as the crow flies. We've stayed in both many times and have no problems with either. Actually staying in Indian Creek again in Oct. Here's a map that will show you where they are along with the whole area. WH is #1 and Indian Creek is # 11. Blue markers are accomodations, Disney markers are pink, a few of the restaurants are marked with red markers (there are many more than what's marked). https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...z=14&ie=UTF8&mid=1aRuXZ9U1ePA-F-kfM_faXt4x5Oc

Not sure when you're visiting but Windsor Hills is doing a major renovation to their community pool which is supposed to be done in January. Adding dueling water slides, a new giant hot tub and a large children's water feature with slides and sprays, etc. It looks to be pretty nice.

Not sure when you're visiting but Windsor Hills is doing a major renovation to their community pool which is supposed to be done in January. Adding dueling water slides, a new giant hot tub and a large children's water feature with slides and sprays, etc. It looks to be pretty nice.
Is the pool area closed during the renovation?

Not from what I was told. The new additions are being installed behind the existing pool so there will be no interruption to the current pool/slide.

We've stayed at Windsor Hills about 4 times and have really enjoyed it. Really nice being able to spread out a bit, especially on longer trips (1 or 2 weeks). Driving to Disney is really easy and quick and timewise you'll often beat waiting for a bus to/from a Disney resort. Number one piece of advice: make sure you have a rental vehicle. There is (or at least used to be) some kind of shuttle from Windsor Hills, but you'd be much better off with your own.

We have stayed at Indian Creek with a large group twice. Staying a WH condos in April so I can't speak to them yet. We enjoyed IC. We passed WH every day on way to parks. It's maybe 2 minutes longer of a drive. IC is just a subdivision, no community pool,etc. I did think there were a few houses that could have used some work, but they looked like residents' not rentals.

We have stayed at both and find we prefer Indian Creek now. We find we don't use the community pool or other amenities at Windsor Hills so don't like paying the extra money. We also don't like having to go through the gate, not only going in but out too. Since you usually stay deluxe you might prefer it over Indian Creek. Mainly you need to read reviews and look at the pictures because some of the houses in either community can be outdated.

We used to stay at Windsor Hills but now prefer Reunion Resort, about 2 miles south of Windsor Hills. More pools, bigger units (we stay in a 3 bed condo, $1000 for 7 nights when we go down there Sept. 27), pretty golf course views. It is a little bit more expensive than WH, but IMO the units are more solid, hence quieter. We don't hear the people above us walking around. Just another place to consider.

http://www.reunionvacationhomes.com

If you stay Deluxe normally, I would think you could afford a pool home.

Having the pool is awesome... they are not large, but plenty big for the younger folks you are bringing. Another big addition when you have kids that age is that many have wonderful game rooms in the garage. (Make sure they are air conditioned if you are going during hot weather, and buy the pool heat if you are going when it is cooler).

Windsor Hills is a very short drive... actually closer to Animal Kingdom than many of the Disney resorts.

If you are willing to drive a bit further, Reunion is really nice... you can rent $5000 per night homes there! (And of course regular priced pool homes and condos). Great golf at Reunion, and they have their own water parkish kind of thing.

There are developments with houses that border lakes (sunset lakes and Lake Berkley resorts) if you like to fish...

The Disney area is filthy with resorts/developments, which keeps prices very reasonable... Staying offsite presents LOTS of options. Many more than Windsor Hills and Indian Creek.

EL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!