Indiana Jones 5

It will probably the "Force Awakens" of the Indy Franchise .. a semi-reboot that borrows a lot of elements from the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade (aka - going after a religious artifact, ) Just starring a "new" Indy to pass the torch to. Harrison Ford will be there to bridge the gap like he did in Force Awakens. Knowing how Lucasfilm seems to be run, I wouldn't be shocked to have a female "Indy" that takes over so they can market it to girls/women too.

Disney will want to revitalize the franchise (and thus be able to market it) like they did with Star Wars.

Could lead to a new "Indiana Jones" section in DHS where they redo the stunt show and remove/redo Star Tours into a new attraction.

It will probably the "Force Awakens" of the Indy Franchise .. a semi-reboot that borrows a lot of elements from the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade (aka - going after a religious artifact, ) Just starring a "new" Indy to pass the torch to. Harrison Ford will be there to bridge the gap like he did in Force Awakens. Knowing how Lucasfilm seems to be run, I wouldn't be shocked to have a female "Indy" that takes over so they can market it to girls/women too.

Disney will want to revitalize the franchise (and thus be able to market it) like they did with Star Wars.

Could lead to a new "Indiana Jones" section in DHS where they redo the stunt show and remove/redo Star Tours into a new attraction.

Instead of passing the torch, I say they do one last one with Ford, then recast and do young Indy adventures. They can use the kid playing Han Solo!

Also, for the record, I rather like Crystal Skull. It gets a bad rap. :duck:

Not looking forward to it, and may not even watch it. Crystal Skull already tainted the franchise.

They are already going to ruin Ford's other iconic character this year with young Solo. It's just too difficult to cast a younger version of a "face" character.

For the love of the world let it be better than the last pile of slop.
The Last Crusade wasn't THAT bad - I mean, I've heard that there was a movie after that which they planned to make, but we all know that movie doesn't exist.
It will probably the "Force Awakens" of the Indy Franchise .. a semi-reboot that borrows a lot of elements from the classic Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade (aka - going after a religious artifact, ) ... Knowing how Lucasfilm seems to be run, I wouldn't be shocked to have a female "Indy" that takes over so they can market it to girls/women too.
I agree - and knowing how original they can be with these reboots, I can see them putting the female lead in a tank top, short shorts, and calling it "Raiders of the Lost Tomb".

April 2019 is still a ways away to begin filming - but I guess they gotta move soon if they want Ford involved. Of course that raises an interesting problem for the timeline - since an older Indy would put that film into the 1960s or even 1970s.

I am an Indiana Jones super freak. I built a home theater with Indiana Jones as the theme, complete with autographed pictures of most of the actors from the first three films. Let's face it Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. I await the sequel with equal parts anticipation and trepidation.

The worst part was the crystal skulls are an actual thing. It could have been a really good movie but we got handed that drivel.

If the skulls were the worst part then I’m assuming you aren’t a fan of Raiders of the most ark since that is based off of a real archaeological piece too; the ark of the covenant.

What do you mean they are an actual thing?

Well, they have pretty much been debunked at this point but there for quite some time the crystal skulls were assumed to be of Mesoamerican preColumbian origin and their manufacture and purpose were a mystery. However, there could have been an interesting story made out of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

If the skulls were the worst part then I’m assuming you aren’t a fan of Raiders of the most ark since that is based off of a real archaeological piece too; the ark of the covenant.

You would assume incorrectly. It's not about disliking a movie about an actual artifact (the ark of the covenant also being of controversial legitimacy) but there is absolutely no reason to go to aliens. It was the aliens most people in that field object to. That was just absurd.

ETA: Raiders of the Lost Ark was ok but I prefer the Last Crusade myself.

My Favorite Indy is the last Crusade. I didn't like Crystal Skull. It was disappointing. Aliens Why?

But I am warily open.

Not interested in seeing Ford hobble around. As long as Lucas stays away from it, Spielberg may be able to do something with it though.

Ironically my kids were watching Crystal Skull last night and then I see this thread this morning.

If they are going to hand the torch to a female Indy they may as well call it tomb raider.

They just need to go the James Bond route and re-cast the role. I won't even get into who would make a good Indy debate, but they could then keep the films to the earlier time period where I think Indy works best. As already mentioned, 'Tomb Raider' and the upcoming 'Uncharted' movies are basically Indy done in a modern setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!