Indiana Jones 5

They just need to go the James Bond route and re-cast the role. I won't even get into who would make a good Indy debate, but they could then keep the films to the earlier time period where I think Indy works best. As already mentioned, 'Tomb Raider' and the upcoming 'Uncharted' movies are basically Indy done in a modern setting.

I agree with this. Sean Connery was James Bond, but others have done a good job with it (others haven't... cough... George Lazenby... cough). But, and this is a big but, each actor has changed James Bond to fit him. I'm not sure the public is willing to accept that from Indiana Jones. I'm not a huge Indiana Jones fan, I like Raiders, really like Last Crusade, don't like Temple of Doom and the less said about Crystal Skull the better. I thought the Young Indy TV show was pretty good from what I remember from my childhood. But for me, this series has gone up and down and that's prevented me from really falling in love with it. I doubt I'll see the new one in theaters unless it gets Black Panther type buzz.

Regardless, if they want to re-energize this franchise, they need to do something. The Curse of the Temple of Geritol isn't going to get the job done with a long struggle against booby-trapped adult diapers.

I agree with this. Sean Connery was James Bond, but others have done a good job with it (others haven't... cough... George Lazenby... cough). But, and this is a big but, each actor has changed James Bond to fit him. I'm not sure the public is willing to accept that from Indiana Jones. I'm not a huge Indiana Jones fan, I like Raiders, really like Last Crusade, don't like Temple of Doom and the less said about Crystal Skull the better. I thought the Young Indy TV show was pretty good from what I remember from my childhood. But for me, this series has gone up and down and that's prevented me from really falling in love with it. I doubt I'll see the new one in theaters unless it gets Black Panther type buzz.

Regardless, if they want to re-energize this franchise, they need to do something. The Curse of the Temple of Geritol isn't going to get the job done with a long struggle against booby-trapped adult diapers.

Indiana Jones would be tough to change actors on. Really Indiana Jones IS Harrison Ford. I did watch and really like the young indiana jones chronicles. I would just have a hard time with a new actor playing the role or doing a pass the torch to the kid they had in crystal skull.

Anyone remember the TV show The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles? I enjoyed, 24 or 25 episodes on ABC in the early 90's.. Sambuster

Yep. they did a few tv movies as well. I really enjoyed it. Quite well done even though I liked the older young indy to the kid they had. There were just too many limitations with what they could do with the kid.

Last I heard they were copying Pirates from shanghai for Indy and basing it on Atlantis which the film is rumoured to be based on

I can get behind an Atlantis theme'd plot. Throw some easter eggs to Milo and crew while you're at it.

The Atlantis thing has long been a rumor for an Indy plot, and one I think had been considered by Lucas and Spielberg at one time. There's even an Indy video game about it. I do think it would be a cool theme to explore for the franchise.

Certainly an easy way to throw in the boat element if they want to copy and paste pirates from shanghai

Yep. they did a few tv movies as well. I really enjoyed it. Quite well done even though I liked the older young indy to the kid they had. There were just too many limitations with what they could do with the kid.

I could get behind that. Just please no aliens. And no Shia LeBeouf. I'm good with Indy having a son and the story line can be a bit fantastical but the aliens were just ridiculous and Shia grates.

I am a huge Indy fan, and have been since laser disc (shhhhhh). That was my first set of movies that I would watch every single time they came on, and really the -only- thing I vividly remember from my last trip to Disney when I was like..6 Haha. That said, I was really disappointed in the whole alien factor of the last movie, and it really did make me cringe. Not that I don't think it could be possible, it's just...Not Indy. And yes, please, keep Shia away from any upcoming attempts. I don't mind a younger Indy, I don't mind son or daughter of Indy....just not with Shia. He was awful.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/indiana-jones-5-begins-filming-in-april-2019/

I know this has been rumored for several years but it appears it is finally happening.

For the love of the world let it be better than the last pile of slop.

I'm cool with a new indy movie. I'm guessing flashback to an earlier time type of film that can focus on the new Indiana. Then new films can take place around the original trilogy timeline.

I only hope that it's Chris Pratt as the new Indiana.

Indiana Jones works best in the earlier 1900s.

The 50s (that was the time period, right? I try not to think of Crystal skulls too much), was just a wierd time period to see Indy and his whip.

Indy needs recast. It's an action movie, an old Harrison Ford just doesn't cut it.

Please don't let George Lucas anywhere near this thing.

Hollywood nowadays is all about pleasing the Chinese market, so I could see an Indy doing some 'archaelogy' in China.

Indiana Jones works best in the earlier 1900s.

The 50s (that was the time period, right? I try not to think of Crystal skulls too much), was just a wierd time period to see Indy and his whip.

Indy needs recast. It's an action movie, an old Harrison Ford just doesn't cut it.

Please don't let George Lucas anywhere near this thing.

Hollywood nowadays is all about pleasing the Chinese market, so I could see an Indy doing some 'archaelogy' in China.

The last one is set in the late 50s the early 3 take place prior to WWII after Hitler takes power in Germany but before the war broke out.

I know it won’t happen but I’d like Lucasfilm to release a Star Wars film just once a year at Christmas and have Indiana Jones movies in the summer. It’s still milking the IPs but as bad

I am in the camp of Raiders and Crusade being the best of the movies, Temple falling way short in 3rd and Crystal being off the map in 4th. Hoping this new one will redeem the franchise. I am excited for the new one yet apprehensive as I read the the same writer that wrote or was involved in writing Crystal will be writing this one. Hopefully he will get this one right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter