Indiana Jones land coming to Animal Kingdom

Nope, disneysource says it's going to Hollywood. So paper or plastic? Because it is in the bag? :)

Yes indeedy.

IP's are coming to every park though. But I'm alright with them as long as they fit the theming, like Ratatouille.

I just fundamentally disagree with IPs in the World Showcase. Its not what the intentions of that park were meant to be. I understand they are coming and my opinion doesn't change it but I am still really unhappy with the decision

Yep, 2 attractions and Hangar 51 are more likely to go to Hollywood. It doesn't fit with Animal's theming at all.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.
I would be thrilled with this in DHS!!

Me too, however they want to be careful with what type of rides they put in the land. Since Indy is eventually going to be rebooted with a new person in the lead role. Thus they want to go with theming that will fit not only Harrison Ford's Indy, but whoever comes afterwards.
o_O Last I heard they were still going with Harrison Ford for this, I know fandom has pushed for his replacement, but have not heard anything conclusive that they were moving forward with a revamp?

o_O Last I heard they were still going with Harrison Ford for this, I know fandom has pushed for his replacement, but have not heard anything conclusive that they were moving forward with a revamp?

It's definite that Harrison and Spielberg will be back for the 5th one, they've already signed. It's the future ones after that that are in question. Ford probably won't be in a 6th one, unless it is in a narration role to pass the torch.

Old rumor.

While Dinoland USA needs to go -- I doubt it will anytime soon. AK needs more net-new attractions not a redo of a land.

DHS needs something done with the Indiana Jones Stunt show (one of the last remaining original attractions (whose script hasn't changed since then) and Star Tours and Jedi Training (while both still fun-- destroys the immersion of a heavily themed land).

Those three attractions are conveniently next to each other and take up a lot of space. It will be fun to see what they do (and when) with that section of the park.

Old rumor.

While Dinoland USA needs to go -- I doubt it will anytime soon. AK needs more net-new attractions not a redo of a land.

DHS needs something done with the Indiana Jones Stunt show (one of the last remaining original attractions (whose script hasn't changed since then) and Star Tours and Jedi Training (while both still fun-- destroys the immersion of a heavily themed land).

Those three attractions are conveniently next to each other and take up a lot of space. It will be fun to see what they do (and when) with that section of the park.

I concur my fine sir. Dinoland gets a bad rep, but its got a decent ride and a really good counter service with a toppings bar. Plus I love the atmosphere of this part of the park. There are much more crappier areas that need Disney's undivided attention. Like the former Innoventions buildings... and yes the Indy area at The Studios.

That's the rub. Dinoland is a perfectly functional part of that park and it eats up plenty of visitors. It's certainly the more young child friendly section of the park.
I'd be lying if I said I preferred Dinosaur over the Indy version from California, but on it's own it's good. My kid loves primevil whirl, despite it's carnival feel. I don't think it's an area you re-theme, unless the result is a growth in attractions and capacity. I'd love to see them add another coaster, or a simple dark ride over there and call it good. I don't necessarily care for the chester and hester theme, but I think there are much bigger issues in WDW.
I also don't think you really need to retheme the indy area in DHS, unless that will net some growth. I think you do need a crowd eating show like Indy there.

I just fundamentally disagree with IPs in the World Showcase. Its not what the intentions of that park were meant to be. I understand they are coming and my opinion doesn't change it but I am still really unhappy with the decision

I'm OK with rides (especially ones that aren't front and center) being IP based. Rat does not bother me, nor would most of the other things I've heard kicked around, although I'm not a fan of ceding spacing in the UK pavilion's garden area for a spinner. Arendele was a step too far though.

That's the rub. Dinoland is a perfectly functional part of that park and it eats up plenty of visitors. It's certainly the more young child friendly section of the park.
I'd be lying if I said I preferred Dinosaur over the Indy version from California, but on it's own it's good. My kid loves primevil whirl, despite it's carnival feel. I don't think it's an area you re-theme, unless the result is a growth in attractions and capacity. I'd love to see them add another coaster, or a simple dark ride over there and call it good. I don't necessarily care for the chester and hester theme, but I think there are much bigger issues in WDW.
I also don't think you really need to retheme the indy area in DHS, unless that will net some growth. I think you do need a crowd eating show like Indy there.
I definitely have a different view of DinoLand USA after my last trip with my kids. We already had a FP for FOP -- so we used the EMH time to go to DinoLand USA .. my kids (6 and 2) loved the Triceratops Spin .. but I couldn't get my son to brave the Whirl this time. Unfortunately it was too early for the boneyard to be open or any of the Dino Bash stuff . .that was the only downside. Really not much to do there EARLY in the morning .. if I had known that I would have planned differently and we would have spent more time there. They also just liked walking around seeing some of the dinosaurs.

It's basically Animal Kingdom's version of Storybook Circus -- fun to spend a bit there with little kids, but easily skippable without them. So it doesn't need to be replaced.

Indy at DHS is a crowd eater (always a packed house whenever I see it .. but at only 3-4 shows a day .. how much crowd is it really eating compared to a major attraction.

I am still curious what they will do with Star Tours and how long it will live outside of SWGE .. especially considering it is literally on the way TO SWGE. (Unlike Disneyland's which is on the other side of the park). It just seems odd to have it exist outside the immersive world. It would be like if they had some sort of Harry Potter ride outside the two immersive areas at Universal.

They're probably waiting to see how well Indy 5 does first before moving forward with anything.

I would prefer, if they went through with this, that they theme that area to an Amazon land instead. Dinosaur could still be rethemed to Indiana Jones and you could have new animal exhibits and a Brazilian steakhouse. Of course this will never happen cause Disney doesn't want to pay for more animals to care for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!