Indiana Jones land coming to Animal Kingdom

Me too, however they want to be careful with what type of rides they put in the land. Since Indy is eventually going to be rebooted with a new person in the lead role. Thus they want to go with theming that will fit not only Harrison Ford's Indy, but whoever comes afterwards.

Realistically, if this came to pass, how long before it would be announced/then completed?

What does Indiana Jones have to do with animals?

Are they going to have a restaurant that sells monkey brains?
Rats and snakes are animals too. :laughing:

Realistically, if this came to pass, how long before it would be announced/then completed?
Let's see, according to Disney construction pace, a decade or so? And since it's no longer even a credible rumor, I'd pad that by a few years.

That old fart Harrison Ford will have to get going because he may not live long enough to film the sequel. I thought the elderly were bad behind the wheel. This one likes getting in airplanes and flying them.

Yeah, they better get a move on. Its been 11 years since crappy "Crystal Skull" came out. I was hoping they'd come out with one right away so I could wash away the memory of that stinker.

Why does Spielberg have to put aliens in so many movies? And in the case of this movie, where it doesn't belong.

Last edited:
Me too, however they want to be careful with what type of rides they put in the land. Since Indy is eventually going to be rebooted with a new person in the lead role. Thus they want to go with theming that will fit not only Harrison Ford's Indy, but whoever comes afterwards.

I heard that he will be in this one and then pass it along to the new relic hunter he pass the title to.....

Word on the street is Short Round kills him on a bridge with a sword and that is the way Harrison Ford bows out of Indiana Jones

Shia Lebouf said a lot of bad things about the last one. So I wouldn't be surprised if they say his character died in a big explosion. Or in Spielberg's version of the script a Nazi alien attack.

I definitely have a different view of DinoLand USA after my last trip with my kids. We already had a FP for FOP -- so we used the EMH time to go to DinoLand USA .. my kids (6 and 2) loved the Triceratops Spin .. but I couldn't get my son to brave the Whirl this time. Unfortunately it was too early for the boneyard to be open or any of the Dino Bash stuff . .that was the only downside. Really not much to do there EARLY in the morning .. if I had known that I would have planned differently and we would have spent more time there. They also just liked walking around seeing some of the dinosaurs.

It's basically Animal Kingdom's version of Storybook Circus -- fun to spend a bit there with little kids, but easily skippable without them. So it doesn't need to be replaced.

Indy at DHS is a crowd eater (always a packed house whenever I see it .. but at only 3-4 shows a day .. how much crowd is it really eating compared to a major attraction.

I am still curious what they will do with Star Tours and how long it will live outside of SWGE .. especially considering it is literally on the way TO SWGE. (Unlike Disneyland's which is on the other side of the park). It just seems odd to have it exist outside the immersive world. It would be like if they had some sort of Harry Potter ride outside the two immersive areas at Universal.

Boneyard is one of our favorite parts of Animal Kingdom ... the past trip Pluto was in there and took my kids with him on an expedition looking for bones - it was cute and they were so trilled

What does Indiana Jones have to do with animals?

Are they going to have a restaurant that sells monkey brains?

I think they could make it work if they turn that area into South America and make it an Aztec temple (like the version of the ride in Disney Sea) and then focus on South American - including snakes. Could keep the Boneyard as an excavation area still like an archeological did in South America

So more "South America featuring some nods to Indiana Jones" than "Indiana Jones Land"

I'll take it in either park, but it makes the most sense in Hollywood. It's a safe distance away from Star Wars to get some real headline attractions.

It makes sense that Indy would stay in Hollywood. The show has been there since nearly its inception. But I do see benefits to it going to Animal for el cheapo Disney. Think about it, they could basically retheme all 4 attractions and the quick service to fit Indy.

Triceratops Spin - Jock Lindsey's airplanes
Primevil Whirl - Temple of Doom
Dinosaur - Cali version of Indiana Jones
The Boneyard - an Archaeological Site for lost artifacts

Indy totally makes sense in Hollywood Studios ... with Avatar just in the beginning stages I dont see it being added there... there are too many movies coming out and they can do a bunch more with that space before they think about adding another area. Hollywood Studios though would be a great fit and a nice refresh from the same ole same ole ... although every time I see the show I think of the Full House episode where they went to Disney HA

If it goes to Animal I'll probably puke like a skanky girl on a bender. It has no business being in Animal. It would be like theming a land after my dumpy house because I have a fish tank.

If it goes to Animal I'll probably puke like a skanky girl on a bender. It has no business being in Animal. It would be like theming a land after my dumpy house because I have a fish tank.

If Disney can make a movie series out of your house it's a possibility.

It makes sense that Indy would stay in Hollywood. The show has been there since nearly its inception. But I do see benefits to it going to Animal for el cheapo Disney. Think about it, they could basically retheme all 4 attractions and the quick service to fit Indy.

Triceratops Spin - Jock Lindsey's airplanes
Primevil Whirl - Temple of Doom
Dinosaur - Cali version of Indiana Jones
The Boneyard - an Archaeological Site for lost artifacts

That's true, but Indy doesn't exactly say animals to me. It will all depend though on how cheap Disney wants to go, but it would be a total disservice if they just slap stickers on things.

Last edited:
Just FYI, per multiple insiders the ONLY talk of Indy currently is in DHS, no where else. Now that being said, things can always change, and in a lot of cases do...but DHS is only target currently

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter