Indiana Jones land coming to Animal Kingdom

Just FYI, per multiple insiders the ONLY talk of Indy currently is in DHS, no where else. Now that being said, things can always change, and in a lot of cases do...but DHS is only target currently

That's good, I don't want anymore land replacements, just more additions. And since I don't like the show I see this as only an addition.

I think Hollywood will need something else besides Star Wars and hopefully it's our friend Indy. There's not enough of an Indy presence at the Studios.

For me, it's less about the IP that they choose and more about committed they are to the project. A small re-theme of existing content to match an Indy theme in the theater is a little lame in my opinion. If nothing is truly added in the process, it's hardly worth the effort. I think anything done in DHS has to be done with the intention of adding capacity. So any re-skinning seems a bit wasteful to me. If you add something, and also re-skin a few things in the process to make a cohesive theme in the area, then sure, go for it.
I think at best Indy is a "miniland" IP at best right now. The shame is that the Disneyland Indy ride is quite enjoyable, so I can understand the thought of re-skinning dinosaur. I don't see them wanting to add a third version of dino/indy ride. I have a tough time seeing them adapting star tours to an indy IP, but I suppose anything is possible. I don't feel like it's a good move to flatten star tours and start over with something else in that spot. You also have the muppet section that is still out of place.
Imagineers will have to earn their salary to try to re-theme that area to pull together an indy land.

I think at best Indy is a "miniland" IP at best right now. The shame is that the Disneyland Indy ride is quite enjoyable, so I can understand the thought of re-skinning dinosaur. I don't see them wanting to add a third version of dino/indy ride.

I think Disney would definitely copy and paste the Indy ride (from Cali). It would only be the 2nd of this type of ride in Disney World. Which is a much lower number than boat rides in Disney World and screen rides at Universal.

Shia Lebouf said a lot of bad things about the last one. So I wouldn't be surprised if they say his character died in a big explosion. Or in Spielberg's version of the script a Nazi alien attack.
Bar scene. Indiana and Marion and a back shot of a double/look alike for Shia are at a bar discussing some adventure. Dozens of shot glasses on the bar counter. Shia leaves saying he will go walk and decides after discussing the adventure, to immediately hunt down something to prove his mettle. Unfortunately he drives off a cliff because he was drunk.

If Spielberg screws up the next one then they have to take the series out of his hands. Disney doesn't mess around, if you're not making them money then you'll be kicked to the curb.

Hangar 51 will of course replace Backlot Express as the quick service. It will have artifacts that have been collected by archeologists among the years like the Ark.

I'm not sure what they intend to do with the nearby Star Tours, but it won't fit in Indy's section or Muppets/Monsters. I've heard a demo or retheme are the most probable outcomes for this attraction.

Last edited:
I figured Star Tours (with a redo) would have to be a part of the new Indy Land. Since it is right next to Backlot Express.

I guess the ride need to be gotten rid of though because of theming. There's going to be 2 AT-AT's in Galaxy's Edge, so it doesn't make sense to keep this one.

Last edited:

Hangar 51 will of course replace Backlot Express as the quick service. It will have artifacts that have been collected by archeologists among the years like the Ark.

I'm not sure what they intend to do with the nearby Star Tours, but it won't fit in Indy's section or Muppets/Monsters. I've heard a demo or retheme are the most probable outcomes for this attraction.

I hope you're right, I would triple dog love an Indy section with a Hangar 51 restaurant. They probably want to make sure the next one doesn't suck though before making any plans.

I figured Star Tours (with a redo) would have to be a part of the new Indy Land. Since it is right next to Backlot Express.

I guess the ride need to be gotten rid of though because of theming. There's going to be 2 AT-AT's in Galaxy's Edge, so it doesn't make sense to keep this one.

From what I have seen/heard they will keep Star tours as is for anfmfew years but eventually it will go away ... unclear if it has been determined yet if that means a complete retheme or total demolition (probably depends on what they decide to do with that area)

If they kept the Star Tours building and changed it to Indy they could have a Short Round animatronic in the front driving the vehicle. And he could say great catch phrases during the ride like.

“Wow! Holy Smoke! Crash landing!”
“Hold on to your potatoes.”
and
“Hang on lady, we going for a ride.”

Last edited:
Wouldn't an Indyland be very much like Adventureland? They both have a very jungle theme to them. I guess Indyland could have more of a temple feel to it though.

Wouldn't an Indyland be very much like Adventureland? They both have a very jungle theme to them. I guess Indyland could have more of a temple feel to it though.

True that homie, that's a big reason why Disneyland has the Indy ride in Adventureland. I guess they could possibly make it look like the exterior and interior of Indiana Jones Adventure. Probably best not to have real lava though.

ijadlp4585781-624x351.jpg

Urgh, DSNY does my head in, he's always so so so far behind on the Rumor Mill. Old Rumors get dragged up then suddenly everyone is taking it as confirmed!

Urgh, DSNY does my head in, he's always so so so far behind on the Rumor Mill. Old Rumors get dragged up then suddenly everyone is taking it as confirmed!

This is an old rumor, but it's still interesting.

Even if they put crappy attractions in the new proposed Indyland its still gotta be better than the boring Indy show. Talk about beating a dead horse.

This is an old rumor, but it's still interesting.

Even if they put crappy attractions in the new proposed Indyland its still gotta be better than the boring Indy show. Talk about beating a dead horse.

That boring Indy show is packed just about every time it runs. We hadn't seen it in 10 years and went on our last trip. My kids loved it. We enjoyed it. I could see if we went more regularly just skipping it. Heck we go irregularly and skipped it for several trips. But... it eats people. And DHS needs things that eat people.

I wouldn't be sad if that whole area got rethemed to something new. But you can't say the Indy show isn't really popular. It still is in a park that needs every popular attraction it can get right now.

That boring Indy show is packed just about every time it runs. We hadn't seen it in 10 years and went on our last trip. My kids loved it. We enjoyed it. I could see if we went more regularly just skipping it. Heck we go irregularly and skipped it for several trips. But... it eats people. And DHS needs things that eat people.

I wouldn't be sad if that whole area got rethemed to something new. But you can't say the Indy show isn't really popular. It still is in a park that needs every popular attraction it can get right now.

You said it in your own post, it isn't a must do attraction. Even more people would be eaten up by 2 or 3 headline attractions. Look at Pandora, it has 2 rides and the lines were out of the park for it.

I just go to Indy when I gotta eat my melting ice cream.

You said it in your own post, it isn't a must do attraction. Even more people would be eaten up by 2 or 3 headline attractions. Look at Pandora, it has 2 rides and the lines were out of the park for it.

I just go to Indy when I gotta eat my melting ice cream.

Well yeah. But 2 or 3 headline attractions don't fit in that space. You'd have to take out way more than just the stunt show, which lists at 2100 per hour. Or a higher capacity than FoP which comes in at 1400-1500. So yeah, pull the Stunt Show, Star Tours, Muppets, and put in 3 other attractions. That's a better comparison. But Star Tours is 1600 an hour, again, a fairly high capacity. I'll throw in Muppets at 0, since it's just about always empty regardless of what it is listed at. So you've got attractions covering 3700 people per hour to replace in that area. That's greater than the 2 Pandora rides.

It's always easy to go apples to oranges, but apples to apples, the stunt spectacular has a high capacity. Meaning it eats more than most single attractions. You'd need something the size of the 3 track Midway Mania to replace it.

I think shows are an important component for the parks. Very surprised the main street theater got the axe in the Magic Kingdom. It gives folks a cool dry place to chillax and buy some refreshments etc. They eat up the people.
I think problem with the indiana show is that nothing else really supports it. If you had the show and the Disneyland Indy ride together, then you'd start to have something. Some sort of dark ride in that IP could eat up folks, and DHS could use a traditional dark ride, one without height restrictions.

Last edited:
Well yeah. But 2 or 3 headline attractions don't fit in that space. You'd have to take out way more than just the stunt show, which lists at 2100 per hour. Or a higher capacity than FoP which comes in at 1400-1500. So yeah, pull the Stunt Show, Star Tours, Muppets, and put in 3 other attractions. That's a better comparison. But Star Tours is 1600 an hour, again, a fairly high capacity. I'll throw in Muppets at 0, since it's just about always empty regardless of what it is listed at. So you've got attractions covering 3700 people per hour to replace in that area. That's greater than the 2 Pandora rides.

It's always easy to go apples to oranges, but apples to apples, the stunt spectacular has a high capacity. Meaning it eats more than most single attractions. You'd need something the size of the 3 track Midway Mania to replace it.

I think you could fit 2-3 attractions where the Indy show is and behind it and Backlot Express. They just have take to out some buildings and Prospect Street (which is just an employee and inner park road). They could even take out Dino Gertie and Oasis Canteen if needed.

mgm.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter