Indiana Jones land coming to Animal Kingdom

I think you could fit 2-3 attractions where the Indy show is and behind it and Backlot Express. They just have take to out some buildings and Prospect Street (which is just an employee and inner park road). They could even take out Dino Gertie and Oasis Canteen if needed.

mgm.jpg
If they demo the parking lot they could do a whole new park. That's not really the point though. Indy has a per hour number around TSMM. Which is a huge building. I think we're just going in circles here. Indy eats up 2100 pph because it is almost always jammed. Is it my favorite? No. Does it serve a purpose? Yes. Could I see them removing it for something new? Absolutely. But for now, with SW:GE opening, they need that spot to eat 2100 people. They need Star Tours eating 1600 more. They need Muppets to actual eat something.

So given the options, I'd probably make a new Muppets movie and try and lure people that way. Cheaper than building a ride. In 5 years? Yeah, tearing out that whole side of the park might make some sense. But for now? Indy is doing a job not much else can do in the short term in that spot. Eating a lot of people every single hour.

If they demo the parking lot they could do a whole new park. That's not really the point though. Indy has a per hour number around TSMM. Which is a huge building. I think we're just going in circles here. Indy eats up 2100 pph because it is almost always jammed. Is it my favorite? No. Does it serve a purpose? Yes. Could I see them removing it for something new? Absolutely. But for now, with SW:GE opening, they need that spot to eat 2100 people. They need Star Tours eating 1600 more. They need Muppets to actual eat something.

So given the options, I'd probably make a new Muppets movie and try and lure people that way. Cheaper than building a ride. In 5 years? Yeah, tearing out that whole side of the park might make some sense. But for now? Indy is doing a job not much else can do in the short term in that spot. Eating a lot of people every single hour.

Using your logic Indiana Adventure (Dinosaur) would have more of an output of people than the already existing show. And that is just 1 attraction, they could put 2 or 3 in this new land.

Thus using the pph scale

Indiana Adventure (Dinosaur) (2724) + Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (Rock n Rollercoaster) (1800) = 4524 pph

Last edited:
Using your logic Indiana Adventure (Dinosaur) would have more of an output of people than the already existing show. And that is just 1 attraction, they could put 2 or 3 in this new land.

Thus using the pph scale

Indiana Adventure (Dinosaur) (2724) + Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril (Rock n Rollercoaster) (1800) = 4524 pph

Operational capacity of Dinosaur is 2160. https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

So yes. That would equal the show. The show already swallows 2160 without Disney spending a dime. Why do it since it is pretty full every show? RnRC is 1620, matching Star Tours. But you aren't going to have the same coaster on 2 sides of the park. Again, Star Tours matches that capacity without spending a dime, though it will be rethemed at some point once SW:GE opens because I completely agree it won't fit in.

Anyway, Dinosaur, the building only, has about an 80,000 sq feet footprint. Very roughly. The building is not square, so that's using the most square part and leaving out a few odd pieces. The Stunt Spectacular Theater is about 37,500 sq feet in footprint. There is room behind it obviously, but you would need to do some building demo and moving to fit a Dinosaur sized building in that spot.

Operational capacity of Dinosaur is 2160. https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

So yes. That would equal the show. The show already swallows 2160 without Disney spending a dime. Why do it since it is pretty full every show? RnRC is 1620, matching Star Tours. But you aren't going to have the same coaster on 2 sides of the park. Again, Star Tours matches that capacity without spending a dime, though it will be rethemed at some point once SW:GE opens because I completely agree it won't fit in.

Anyway, Dinosaur, the building only, has about an 80,000 sq feet footprint. Very roughly. The building is not square, so that's using the most square part and leaving out a few odd pieces. The Stunt Spectacular Theater is about 37,500 sq feet in footprint. There is room behind it obviously, but you would need to do some building demo and moving to fit a Dinosaur sized building in that spot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mjnVaWBAu_M1rKe1UYF2pRXyk/edit#gid=1430452926

I was going by PPH on the ride capacity scale, which it is better in. And Rock n Rollercoaster was being used as an example. LOL, I'm not saying they should build the same ride on the other side. I don't have the stats for the rollercoaster in Paris.

Last edited:

I hope they can find a way to move Star Tours somewhere else. Or even just demo, I know people love it, but it always makes my tummy queasy. I'd rather have more family rides like Toy Story Land has.

This way they can use that land they freed up for Indy too.

I hope they can find a way to move Star Tours somewhere else. Or even just demo, I know people love it, but it always makes my tummy queasy. I'd rather have more family rides like Toy Story Land has.

This way they can use that land they freed up for Indy too.

I highly doubt they would move Star Tours. The prevailing rumor is that it will eventually get re-themed but there is also the possibility that it gets removed.

I highly doubt they would move Star Tours. The prevailing rumor is that it will eventually get re-themed but there is also the possibility that it gets removed.

That would be alright with me, but it does seem like a waste. If Universal owned it they would just retheme it. Like they did with Hanna Barbara which became Jimmy Neutron and then Despicable me.

That would be alright with me, but it does seem like a waste. If Universal owned it they would just retheme it. Like they did with Hanna Barbara which became Jimmy Neutron and then Despicable me.

I think a re-theme is definitely possible. The fact that they built the Iron Man ride in Hong Kong on this ride system only a few years ago shows that it's still a ride system they are interested in using.

From what I've heard they'd want to put "Indiana Adventure" (like Dinosaur) and a tame rollercoaster like "7 Dwarves" and "Slinky". The latter attraction would have a lot of nods to the stunt show, which it is replacing. Like the tiny gold statue, the giant crater and spikes. As well as poison darts that can only be heard (as the feeling of air shoots out).

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

From what I've heard they'd want to put "Indiana Adventure" (like Dinosaur) and a tame rollercoaster like "7 Dwarves" and "Slinky". The latter attraction would have a lot of nods to the stunt show, which it is replacing. Like the tiny gold statue, the giant crater and spikes. As well as poison darts that can only be heard (as the feeling of air shoots out).

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.
Don't see it happening. I do see potentially expansion of INDY, but not all that.

My gut says they keep Star Tours, but retheme it, I could see it being a Indy mine train ride like in Indy 2, that actually could be fun. Then I do think something happens to the Show. Whether it gets updated and remains a show, or the take the theater out and put some ride in, I am not sure. I keep hearing rumors of at least one other E ticket coming to the park post SW:GE, and that could be the target. Sadly, to me is the fact that the animation area will be basically a waste of of space if they don't do something there - once SW:GE opens

Don't see it happening. I do see potentially expansion of INDY, but not all that.

My gut says they keep Star Tours, but retheme it, I could see it being a Indy mine train ride like in Indy 2, that actually could be fun. Then I do think something happens to the Show. Whether it gets updated and remains a show, or the take the theater out and put some ride in, I am not sure. I keep hearing rumors of at least one other E ticket coming to the park post SW:GE, and that could be the target. Sadly, to me is the fact that the animation area will be basically a waste of of space if they don't do something there - once SW:GE opens

The Indy show has to go if they are even putting just a rollercoaster. It takes up way too much space. Plus I'm sure Disney would love to fire all of the actors.

The Indy show has to go if they are even putting just a rollercoaster. It takes up way too much space. Plus I'm sure Disney would love to fire all of the actors.

The attraction just doesn't fit anymore. If it's going to really be a land based park than an attraction that shows movie stunts and says "Action" and "Cut" doesn't belong.

The attraction just doesn't fit anymore. If it's going to really be a land based park than an attraction that shows movie stunts and says "Action" and "Cut" doesn't belong.

fully agree - if they make it more a regular show (ala BatB, Little Mermaid, Lion King, etc.) then ok, but not if it is something that pulls the curtain back to show you "behind the scenes"

fully agree - if they make it more a regular show (ala BatB, Little Mermaid, Lion King, etc.) then ok, but not if it is something that pulls the curtain back to show you "behind the scenes"

Exactly, even a show refresh would make sense. As is, it doesn't fit within Hollywood because they now have Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land in the same park. Maybe they could incorporate scenes from the next Indy.

Last edited:
Nearby "Backlot Express" does need a retheme as well. The name even states that it's behind the camera. Sadly (or happily) those days of the old studio are gone. Hulk Hogan isn't walking through that door to film "Thunder in Paradise".

I love the idea of Hangar 51 with the different artifacts. Some of the sections in Backlot (like the crash dummies) are not as cool as the rest.

Nearby "Backlot Express" does need a retheme as well. The name even states that it's behind the camera. Sadly (or happily) those days of the old studio are gone. Hulk Hogan isn't walking through that door to film "Thunder in Paradise".

I love the idea of Hangar 51 with the different artifacts. Some of the sections in Backlot (like the crash dummies) are not as cool as the rest.

Definitely, you're on the money Bos. I would love to see some "Great Movie Ride" artifacts find its way into "Hangar 51" Like the Ark, the Jesus Cup and Short Round (I kid.. I kid).

Hopefully Hangar 51 has monkey brains, snakes and insects on the menu.

Hmmmm, that would add some variety. Instead of the same old nuggets, burgers and pizza, yuck. The only problem is what if you grow to love it? You won't be able to get it during your regular ordinary life.

Hmmmm, that would add some variety. Instead of the same old nuggets, burgers and pizza, yuck. The only problem is what if you grow to love it? You won't be able to get it during your regular ordinary life.

Well, they would be monkey brain nuggets, snake burgers, and insect topped pizza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!