Indiana Jones still Fastpass?

barreloflaughs

"Everything is cheaper than it looks........"
I've heard that Fastpass will be removed from Indy sometime this summer. Does anyone have any further info on this?

thanks.........barrel

No Indy still has fastpass. They did take out Star Tours though. There is a rumor that they are getting rid of fastpasses but with the "Golden fastpasses" now it might be a couple of years.

Thanks.

I just re-read the rumor on the Laughing Place boards. Seems I misquoted. The poster wrote that Indy Fastpass will bite the dust AFTER the summer season. We'll see I suppose.................

barrel

tiggersis said:
No Indy still has fastpass. They did take out Star Tours though. There is a rumor that they are getting rid of fastpasses but with the "Golden fastpasses" now it might be a couple of years.

What are golden fastpasses and why would they get rid of fastpass?

Golden Fastpasses are new and will be given out to lucky guests as part of the "A Year of A Million Dreams." The Golden fastpass will allow the family to use unlimited fast passes all day. "A Year of A Million Dreams" starts in October and it sounds like a great idea. They want to get rid of fastpass because management doesn't like them and it slows the stand by line.

I hadn't heard about the year of a million dreams. What else will go on during it? I think it would be a bad idea to get rid of fastpasses, so many people have come to love them and I think they're quite helpful. How do they slow down the standby line though?

tiggersis said:
There is a rumor that they are getting rid of fastpasses but with the "Golden fastpasses" now it might be a couple of years.

Maybe there is such a rumor, but I strongly doubt FP will be going away anytime soon. It's popular with guests, attracts more people to the parks than would otherwise come because they know they can shorten some of their waits, and also causes the same guests to spend their money in Disney shops in the parks rather than their time on line. It's a win-win for the guests and for Disney's bottom line.

I think FP is sticking around for the long haul. It needs some fine tuning, but it's been one of the smartest things Disney has done in the last 20 years or so.

I sure hope they leave it on the Indy ride, as popular as it is.

How do they slow down the standby line though?

They do slow the movement of the standby lines, but they also shorten the actual length of the standby lines, so its mostly a wash.

There are 2 primary reasons management is considering a complete removal of FP:

1- FP has not met the financial targets that were used to justify its creation, i.e. increased food/merchandise spending.
2- At DL, many of the walkways and common areas struggle to handle the greater number of guests milling about instead of waiting in queues.

(Reason #1 does carry more weight)

Of course now that many guests have grown accustomed to FP, removing it would most certainly create a backlash, so its a tricky situation. Charging for FP's in one way or another, either with a direct charge or tying them to on-site rooms for example, is one possibility for trying to get the finanical benefit FP was supposed to generate to begin with.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the fast pass go away. It does really slow down the stand by line, a lot on some rides. While it's great when you have a fast pass, not so fun to stand in line even longer when you don't! I'm not sure all those people would be in that line anyway, they may be on different rides, having that one time slot to return attracts a lot more people at once to a ride. Not to mention even if they were all in the stand by line, they still wouldn't be cutting in front of everyone else that has been waiting for ages! I personally never found the system to be very fair.

Even though we do use it here and there, it's not something I'd miss.

raidermatt said:
They do slow the movement of the standby lines, but they also shorten the actual length of the standby lines, so its mostly a wash.

Unless you happen to be in the standby line late in the day watching not only FP holders for the current time block, but FP holders whose scheduled time was for hours earlier whizzing by you too.

Of course I have no statistics re: how many FP's are issued and then never used - so theoretically that could be a wash as well - but I can tell you I've been there on days where it certainly does not feel like it.

We definitely use the FP system on busy days. I'd hate to see it go away.
But I'm not crazy about setting up different classes of FP's or charging extra for them either - so if that's the option... not sure what I'd want to see.

barreloflaughs said:
I've heard that Fastpass will be removed from Indy sometime this summer. Does anyone have any further info on this?

thanks.........barrel

As I reported on another thread, Fastpass has been removed from Indy starting 6/17. I was told that this is temporary and that it should come back around 6/27. A cast member at the park explained that it was discontinued to minimize the number of guests hanging around the area while Pirates premier (seating, theater) is being set up around the Rivers of America.

Count me among those that love FastPass. I'm sure that we would not have gotten APs and have visited as often as we have over the past 5 years if there were no FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter