Indianapolis DIS Meet - 4th Annual - All Welcome

Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning the meet we greatly appreciate it and we had a wonderful time. Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Had fun showing off my Disney Pins and even got to trade some pins with some others.

I am sure GKTW will be thrilled as will theDIS team with the donation that we all helped generate for them yesterday. Personally I am getting ready to ship another box of office and computer supplies down to them when we get back from our cruise in a few weeks. For those of you not familiar with GKTW they also accept donations of supplies for the resort. I usually send them towers of CD-R / CD-R/W when I can find them on sale at places.

At any rate it was great seeing everyone and hope that we can do it again next year. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone,

I am totally bummed here, but my whole family has come down with a nasty chest cold and we haven't been able to shake it in time. I hope everyone has fun... wish we could be there!
-Nichole
I hate when that happens. I hope you all get well soon. It was a great time. Hope to see you next year. :)

Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning, preparation and presentation all outdid themselves again, for the 4th year. Great food and plenty of it!!! The auction, the price drawings, face painting, kids' activities, music, decorations, everything....top notch. And Dole whips were back again, coutesy of Susan and Jason.

Thanks for a great meet from a Chicago visitor. And great to see your folks and family again, Aaron, a very enjoyable day, and then early evening at the coffee house.

Off to the races for me now, hope to be back next year for Indy 5!!!
Thanks again, everybody!!!
Thanks so much for coming and your generosity Dan. It's always a pleasure seeing and talking with you.

We had a great time at the DISmeet, too! Met up with our wonderful friends, Shawn & Milford (Mousefan64 & Disrailfan). Had great food....everything was DELICIOUS! Enjoyed meeting new people (SMJJ, FairyGodmotherGen, and the Winters family - not sure of their DISname). Saw some familiar faces from the DISmeet we attended two years ago (Aaron & Dan Murphy - although we didn't get the chance to talk to them as much as I would have liked to...maybe next year) :goodvibes

Thank you so much to Aaron and everyone else who put this together. What an incredibly wonderful way to do a DISmeet....turn it into a fundraiser for GKTW!!! As we like to say on our cruisemeet thread: THAT'S AWESOMESAUCE!!!!! (meaning...perfect in every way) :thumbsup2
I hope you guys have a great cruise! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again next year. :)

Aaron, Kim, Anna, and all those involved in the planning the meet we greatly appreciate it and we had a wonderful time. Good to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Had fun showing off my Disney Pins and even got to trade some pins with some others.

I am sure GKTW will be thrilled as will theDIS team with the donation that we all helped generate for them yesterday. Personally I am getting ready to ship another box of office and computer supplies down to them when we get back from our cruise in a few weeks. For those of you not familiar with GKTW they also accept donations of supplies for the resort. I usually send them towers of CD-R / CD-R/W when I can find them on sale at places.

At any rate it was great seeing everyone and hope that we can do it again next year. :thumbsup2
Milford - Thanks for coming to the meet. Your generosity was deeply appreciated. We really can't thank you enough for what you did.

Hope to see you again soon.

Kim, Anna, and I are so appreciative of everyone who came to the meet and supported Give Kids the World.

The meet has always been about getting together with Disney fans at least one time each year. It's kind of funny, but we talk on the boards several times a month, but when it comes to seeing and talking to each other face-to-face it rarely happens. When we plan family vacations to Disney parks we rarely see each other because our vacations don't match up. This is our chance to see each other, talk about what we have in common, and have a great time sharing our Disney passion.

Although we try and raise as much money for Give Kids the World as we can I don't want to overemphasize fundraising because it can sometimes take away from the fun we want to enjoy during the meet. This is why we don't charge anything for admission or for Dole Whip, etc. I hope you all feel we struck a good balance between fundraising and meet enjoyment.

Thanks to everyone (and I mean everyone) because without your support the meet wouldn't be what it is. It takes people to show up, bring their food, reach out to other people in the venue, and show their generosity. We all share in making the meet enjoyable. I personally saw a lot of generosity yesterday at the meet; the 50/50 raffle winner donated the money back to GKTW, guests who walked up to me or Kim and handed us a donation (including a family who will be visiting GKTW this October), the WDW Mom's Panel who graciously donated free handouts, and those guests who donated to other GKTW fundraising efforts. Thanks to those who helped run the face-painting, kids tattoo, and Indy Meet ornament table. We even had a special person who could write in Japanese volunteer to write names in Japanese on the back of the ornaments and Duffy Bears. I don't know about everyone else, but I ate so much Dole Whip yesterday I started turning yellow as the meet progressed. :) Again...We can't thank you enough for supporting the meet the way you did. It was very heart-warming. :wizard:

Here are the totals from the meet.

- Attended - 108
- Money raised for GKTW - $3,100. Some of this money was donated before the meet and for other GKTW fundraising efforts like the Muddy Buddy Challenge and Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon.
- 25 Indy Meet ornaments built ;)
- 30 Duffy Bears created
- 192 Dole Whips consumed
- Approximately 55 Mickey Rice Krispy treats enjoyed.
- Several character photo ops

If anyone who couldn't attend the meet would still like to make a donation to Give Kids the World please feel free to do so through our First Giving page.
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/IndyDisneyMeet/indydisneymeetfundraisingpage

Again - THANK YOU for attending the meet. We hope for those of you who haven't been to the parks in a while, or have been to the parks several times found the meet a nice way to get your Disney fix in Central Indiana.

See you next year!

Hi Everyone,

Please feel free to post any pictures you have from the meet. We'd love to see them. You can post them here or on our official Facebook page.

Thanks again for coming out this year! We had a great time and made a diffeerence in children's lives. :wizard:

Sounds like this was an awesome event!! I am from Chicago so maybe next year I can make this event!
I have already donated and will be attending the event at AKV on 10/3!!! Cant wait! And for such a wonderful, important cause as well!

Sounds like this was an awesome event!! I am from Chicago so maybe next year I can make this event!
I have already donated and will be attending the event at AKV on 10/3!!! Cant wait! And for such a wonderful, important cause as well!
We had a great time. I hope you can make it next year. It's really a great opportunity for all of us to get together to see each other. Since our Disney vacations rarely match-up coming to Indy to see everyone is really nice.

Looking forward to meeting you at the AKLV Meet. See you Oct 3rd. :)

Sorry this message is long overdue! ADP and company, thanks much for organizing! Really appreciated whoever brought the Dole Whips (Dole Whips in Indiana!) and the food was great. The generosity, inspiration, and fun are so much appreciated. Got a little Disney fix in Indiana. Sorry I had to duck out a little early.

Sorry this message is long overdue! ADP and company, thanks much for organizing! Really appreciated whoever brought the Dole Whips (Dole Whips in Indiana!) and the food was great. The generosity, inspiration, and fun are so much appreciated. Got a little Disney fix in Indiana. Sorry I had to duck out a little early.
I'm glad you had a great time and hope you'll make it back next year. Now that we've met you we'll recognize you the next time we see you. :)

Is this going on again this year? My husband and I live in Noblesville and would love to attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter