Inexpensive Mental Health Solutions

Local college with a Masters pyschology program, my wife is a licensed therapist and you need something like 2000 hours of practice to take the test so she spent about 3 years doing free counseling, I think the charge was like $10

I trust those people about as far as I can throw a truck

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you included, of course. There are good and bad counselors everywhere, whether religious or not. And, you may be surprised to learn that not every religious group is the same. Even established denominations can be extremely open, welcoming, and supportive. The poster was simply offering a suggestion to someone in need. Perhaps you could offer advice instead of just making such a blanket statement. Unless you were really just hoping to stir the pot?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you included, of course. There are good and bad counselors everywhere, whether religious or not. And, you may be surprised to learn that not every religious group is the same. Even established denominations can be extremely open, welcoming, and supportive. The poster was simply offering a suggestion to someone in need. Perhaps you could offer advice instead of just making such a blanket statement. Unless you were really just hoping to stir the pot?
I don't believe she was trying to stir the pot but rather typed before considering the impact her opinion would have in this particular type of thread.
I was not offended by her opinion just that she mentioned it in a thread where someone was looking for help.

Let me publicly apologize to the OP I said my earlier comment bassed on personal feelings of confusion

Are they trained like a counselor is

There's a site called Head Space that you can talk to or text a therapist at low cost. I have not used them personally but hear them advertised frequently

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter