Infants using the pool??

I would argue that older people have more trouble controlling themselves. I think the policy should detail all humans wearing diapers just not children.

Sgtpet - HAHAHAHAHAHHAH! Now that was funny!
I think Tiny Tim ("Tiptoe Thru the Tulips") made that point repeatedly when he was alive! ; )

Have a great day!

Rae

I was also on the 9/28 and saw the Mickey Pool drained just once (we only went to the pool about 5 times total). It wasn't due to solid waste, but rather an older child had vomited. I just wanted to be sure that we all realize that if a pool is drained, it isn't necessarily because a baby has been in there.

Personally, I don't see the trouble with infants and toddlers in the Mickey EARS. Truly--- there isn't even an inch and a half of water in there. Unless you take a cup in there, you aren't going to be able to drink it if you're an older kid. Kids playing in there aren't quite as wet as those whose mom's dangle their feet in the water. Not to mention, the ears really don't draw much of a crowd besides that tiny set. In such a small portion of water, parents can easily monitor their children for a "problem."

I did see many many many clearly non-potty trained kids in the pools on the trip. Except for DISers, I don't know that many people were terribly aware of the issue. There was a sign on the wall, but it was just a photocopied piece of paper--- nothing eye catching. The info about the health regulation was in smallish print near the pool hours. I wouldn't have even looked at the pool hours if I hadn't been curious from reading the DIS prior to going about what is going on.

I agree that the worst possible outcome is that kids end up going in anyway without ANY protection. I don't think the ship staff has been really well briefed on what this means. And, if there is a language barrier, the idea of "no swim diapers" could be interpreted as quite literal---- no swim diapers. In other words, staff could be confused and think the diapers themselves are the issue, rather than the potential for elimination by the children.

If the ship really wants to enforce this, they need to better train their staff. They need to monitor the Mickey pool. Perhaps they could send some of those individual notes to each cabin that has a child under the age of 2 or 3. And, just like the cast members remind everyone to put on sunblock, maybe they could remind people of the swimming pool rules.

Coming off the ship, I was of the opinion that the ship has done the minimal to comply with the US health regulations and has adopted a "don't ask, don't tell, don't be obvious about putting a swim diaper on, sure that 8 week old might be potty trained" policy. I wonder if this has anything to do with their experience there, or the hassle of enforcing, or their track record of sick children? I think the Mickey Pool is always going to be especially prone to draining because it is at the base of hte slide (vomiting) and near food. If food gets into the water, they also have to drain it.

Finally, I'm surprised there would be an infant/toddler issue on a sea day. On our cruise, we thought it was pretty fun to be in the pools on sea day because the water was wild and wavey. That said, it didn't look especially safe for wee ones.

How about adults that have gas in the pool? I don't think they should be allowed in the pool in case they have a mistake. Isn't it possible that 4 or 5 year olds can have accidents?

SPG- Sounds to me that we hit a nerve here.

I am a mother also and we had this cruise booked back in April but by February my son was not potty trained and I decided not to take the chance. I wanted to be able to enjoy the pool and the kids clubs.

IMHO-live with the rules as they are or change your sailing date-you have the right to use the facilities just as anyone else does, this cruise is not cheap, however, all of us, including yourself, need to be assured that they are doing the most they possibly can to provide a clean swimming environment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter