infertility clinic implants wrong embryos

Thanks. To clarify, we didn't give them to other couples, we gave them to one couple, that we chose, and who chose us, through a licensed adoption agency in operation for over 50 years. It was an open process, with lots of disclosure and sharing of information, and we are all still in touch. Many times the only options the clinics give you (at least years ago) when embryos are stored and you aren't going to use them, are to discard or to donate to research. I sought out another solution on my own, and thankfully it all worked out well for everyone. I believe there are more options today for embryo donation than there were years ago. Some may prefer to donate randomly or anonymously, but I wanted to have more of a hand in where they were going and to make sure they were placed with a good family.

A beautiful gift for that family. :flower3:

This is bad. If the embryos had been biological brothers, I would think it might have just been a mix up, but if they weren’t related??? Did they just dump all the embryos together and stir them up? That had to be deliberate. Makes you wonder how many other babies they have done this with.

This is bad. If the embryos had been biological brothers, I would think it might have just been a mix up, but if they weren’t related??? Did they just dump all the embryos together and stir them up? That had to be deliberate. Makes you wonder how many other babies they have done this with.

I would be really concerned if I had a child via IVF from this clinic.

I have to admit that even KNOWING all the precautions my clinic took, there were moments when they were tiny that I wondered if they were in fact related to us or if there was a mistake. (Of course, now that we've raised them for almost 20 years, it's 100% clear they are related to us biologically...heck, Facebook wanted to tag a photo of my daughter as "me" today....LOL....uh, I wish I looked 20 again). But, geez, if my clinic had had this happen, I'm pretty sure I'd be doing DNA tests. Completely not necessary for my kids...they look so damn much like us, there's no mistake. LOL. But, when they were babies? Not as obvious. They "grow" into their adult looks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!