Info on Buses to Universal from Disneyland

S

swinginevilmike

Universal City, California, January 23, 2001 —

Universal Studios Hollywood has launched "The Universal Studios Express" to provide free round-trip luxury shuttle service from Anaheim to Universal City beginning Thursday, Feb. 1.

Daily transportation will be provided on one of AirportBus’ deluxe 50-passenger buses to each guest who purchases a full-price ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood. The buses, to be colorfully decorated with Universal Studios-themed images and icons, will feature video monitors displaying highlights of Southern California attractions, including current and archival material from the world’s largest movie studio and theme park.

Tickets must be purchased by calling 1-800-UNIVERSAL. Tickets must be picked up at the AirportBus Terminal conveniently located at 1415 Manchester Avenue near Disneyland. Reservations are required and transportation is offered seven days a week.

The Universal Studios Express Bus to Universal Studios Hollywood will pick up guests from various Anaheim-area hotels several times per day and transport them to the AirportBus Terminal, where they will board a Universal Studios Hollywood-bound bus for the 45-minute trip.

The buses will depart from Anaheim four times a day, with departure times tentatively scheduled at 7:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and Noon. Return trips from Universal Studios Hollywood are tentatively scheduled at 4:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 7:00 p.m., 8:30 p.m. with extended hours during peak season. For further information guests may call 1-800-Universal.

Admission to Universal Studios Hollywood, including round-trip transportation, is $43 for ages 12 and older; $32 for ages 3 to 11; children under 3 are free.

Featuring such unique and ground-breaking attractions as "Terminator 2: 3D," "Jurassic Park-The Ride," "The Mummy's Cave" the world-renowned Universal Studio Tour and "Waterworld-A Live Sea War Spectacular," Universal Studios Hollywood is the world's largest movie studio and theme park. Universal Studios Hollywood (www.universalstudioshollywood.com) is part of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com).

Universal Studios Hollywood is a unit of Universal Studios, a part of CANAL+, the TV and Film division of Vivendi Universal, a new global leader in media and communications.

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

Do we have to pick up tickets at the AirportBus Terminal or could they mail the tickets to us? We are going with Walt Disney Travel and Universal Studios is on our package to see. We will not have a car while there and this bus sounds better due to you have choses on times and I do not think Walt Disney Travel gives you a chose on times.

What do you think? :eek:

mmpaint.gif

<font size=5 color=#FF0000 face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">I am going to
dl.gif
!</marquee></font>

I'm not 100% sure but when you make reservations and explain to them that you already have tickets they shouldn't mind as long as you present them to the driver before you get on the bus.

Mike

sinatra1.jpg
dps.jpg

swinginevilmike

Thanks, but Walt Disney Travel really does not give you the tickets to Universal. You are part of a group going by bus and they schedule that bus. Now if I can get tickets to Universal prior to the trip (sent to me) and make arrangements for them to pickus up at the Grand Californian then great lets go. I will call them closer to our time to go.

Thanks for your suggestion.

mmpaint.gif

<font size=5 color=#FF0000 face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">I am going to
dl.gif
!</marquee></font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter