Information about booking from a DVC member/ buying points for trip to Aulani in May 2024

Calliegirl17

Earning My Ears
Hello fellow Aulani Fans! Bear with me as my terminology and information may not be correct but I would love support and information on this topic!

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed the Aulani resort in April for a baby moon trip.

Baby is now here and we would love to go back again this coming May.

Last time we paid the regular room rates which came out close to $700 a night. Now we would love to not have to pay that amount this time but obviously we will if it comes to that.

I did a few blog searches and found information about David’s vacation rental website? And or buying points from someone?

Anyways would love to receive information on this. We are looking at staying 6 nights within the first 2 weeks of May of 2024. And looking for just a standard room garden view.

2nd option would be inviting grandparents and looking into staying in a 2 bedroom villa.

All information, tips and tricks would be appreciated!

Please and thank you in advance!

Head over to the rent/ transfer boards… there are lots of lovely disboarders renting points on there - just find an owner with points available and tell them what you are looking for.

It is slighter cheaper (usually) to rent directly from an owner than going through David’s, but if you have not done it before then David’s may be an easier option for you.

Head over to the rent/ transfer boards… there are lots of lovely disboarders renting points on there - just find an owner with points available and tell them what you are looking for.

It is slighter cheaper (usually) to rent directly from an owner than going through David’s, but if you have not done it before then David’s may be an easier option for you.
Perfect!! Thank you so much for the information! Is it safe to do directly from someone or do people scam?

I think it is fairly safe on here, but do your checks- there are scammers about. Never make any payment until the reservation has been linked to your MDE account and you are generally fine

I will also add that renting the timeshare units is best done 7 months out or longer. DVC members who own at Aulani can book 1lstarting 11 months from their check in date, and other DVC owners can book starting 7 months from check in. When seeking units inside of 7 months, availability can vary considerably. You can be sure, at this stage, that the lowest points (cost) units will already be booked and if units are available they will be the more expensive units and views.

While on the DVC boards we do not check live availability, I have looked at May and you will not be able to get a studio for 6 consecutive nights in any view.

I will also add that renting the timeshare units is best done 7 months out or longer. DVC members who own at Aulani can book 1lstarting 11 months from their check in date, and other DVC owners can book starting 7 months from check in. When seeking units inside of 7 months, availability can vary considerably. You can be sure, at this stage, that the lowest points (cost) units will already be booked and if units are available they will be the more expensive units and views.

While on the DVC boards we do not check live availability, I have looked at May and you will not be able to get a studio for 6 consecutive nights in any view.
Thank you for the information! It is definitely helpful as we are new to all this! We were able to find a 2 bedroom villa that will work for us cause we have now included grandparents on our trip. It is cheeper/ the same amount if we were to have rented a standard room paying cash so we are excited about this!

But we now know for next time about the 7 and 11 month window so thank you for that!

Thank you for the information! It is definitely helpful as we are new to all this! We were able to find a 2 bedroom villa that will work for us cause we have now included grandparents on our trip. It is cheeper/ the same amount if we were to have rented a standard room paying cash so we are excited about this!

But we now know for next time about the 7 and 11 month window so thank you for that!
Glad you found something 😊

congrats. You link the reservation differently than at WDW. It’s Disneyaulani.com

Aulani point chart is a pretty significant point jump between the first and second week of May. The weeks are in different DVC point ‘seasons’. It’s nearly too late booking the second week. The 25-30% more points required first week has at least some availability, but that’s going fast too. The good news is being in the 7 month window means more rental options as you don’t need resort specific points.

I also recommend the rental boards here - it can be much quicker working live with an owner, likely save a decent amount, and I find rent/trade postings here are very reliable especially if you take a look at the posters history. Click their name and view history - if you see past transactions and activity in the same account over years it’s highly unlikely to have any issues. It’s very hard to fake all that just to attempt a scam. Users on these boards are pretty savvy so it’s not easy for any scammer to pass the sniff test and it’s only been a really rare occasion that a bad apple needs to be pointed out.

But it’s totally understandable to go with a broker if you don’t feel confident going with personal rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter