Inside cabins on 7 nighter?

disney6

<font color=red>I DON'T click my hills together! ;
We are in cabins 2075 & 2077 for the 7 night cruise. These are inside, adjoining (so we will leave the doors open between them) cabins. Has anyone sailed for 7 days in an inside cabin? Will we go crazy from the darkness? I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of feeling like I'm in a cave.

Hi - DH, DS10 and I will be cruising Nov 30 for a week on the Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean. We have the room next to you booked - 2073.
When I cruised NCL in Dec (first time) my MIL and I had an inside cabin for 4 nights. I was never in the room long enough for the darkness to bother me. Yes, I do realize this is a longer cruise this time. I only used the room to sleep and shower. The top of the boat - pool and sun decks- is where I was usually found.

but on our 2nd to last cruise we were on the Carnival Destiny for 7 days and had an inside cabin and did just fine! You arent in your room a whole lot anyway. The really nice thing (can be bad too in some ways) is that you can go take a nap in pitch black darkness. It was really nice to go hang out and nap for an hour or so in the day when we were exhausted. I dont think we spent more than about 2 hours a day in our cabin when we had an inside cabin because there was so much to do. When we got a balcony cabin on our last cruise we were in there much more just because we had a balcony and could sit out there and such! I am sure you will do just fine! Make sure however to bring a lit alarm clock because you will NOT know what time it is!!
Have a great time!
Heidi

Hi disney6! I really don't think that the darkness will bother you. If your kids still nap it might work out really good. I know on our first cruise we were in an inside room and actually loved the darkness for sleep. I agree with everyone that you do not spend that much time in your stateroom. Don't sweat it, you will be fine. See you there! Sandy

We stayed in 7121 (an inside cabin) in January with our DD3. It worked well for us in terms of naps, which our DD took a few times throughout the cruise. My husband and I agreed after the cruise that a window would have been nice because we never knew if it was day or not. That is Just our personal preference though.
Nicole
Magic Jan 26/02

My DH and I have stayed in both and would stay in an inside cabin again, if necessary. We are budget cruisers and we go by the price. We were very fortunate for our Disney Cruise because I booked a Cat. 10 Inside and got a "secret" porthole room. If we had not gotten one, I still would have been happy. You don't spend a lot of time in the cabin so, IMO, an inside is fine.

I agree with Dopey and Grumpy, we would stay in an inside cabin again. We were just lucky to be able to get a secret porthole room (5520) twice in a row.

We just arrived from the 7 night cruise. We have a category 10 cabin. That doesn't bother us. We were in it only to get change and to go to sleep. I will do it again and save the money for other stuff.

Since you're going with a Category 10, could you get rooms on Deck 7? There are only 9 of them... and none of them have the secret porthole that the Deck 5 10's do, but the location would be great!

We were in an inside cabin last March. It really didn't matter to us. We were only there to sleep and shower. We spent our money on other things. However, my brother does not think he can stay in an inside cabin, so he has to be able to look out. I think it's just a personal preference.

go for deck 5 cat 10 , that is where the secret porthole rooms r
they r cabins sold at the inside price but have a port hole
request the location and see what they say
the porthole is partialy blocked very little we have stayyed in them 3 time and 4th coming up ... in 59 days
peter

Thanks for the advice and reassurances. Since we MUST have adjoining cabins, deck 5 is not an option --- those secret porthole rooms sell VERY quickly! As for deck 7, I am partial to midship and like the lower decks. (we sailed in cat. 9 last time but DVC is NOT having a special in October, just September so hence cat. 10). I'm sure we will be fine. FYI - my kids no longer nap BUT they are all old enough for the clubs this time --- yea, yea, yea!!!!! (only 2 of the 4 were old enough last time).

We had a cat. 11 and really enjoyed it. My dh, who boasts that he only needs 5 hours of sleep each night, slept in until almost 8 am the first 3 days! He enjoyed the peace, quiet, and darkness more than he realized. He had to set an alarm in order to get up and see the sunrise! For us, it was a good thing....it made us slow down and relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!