Instant Pot

Ummm... do you have a recipe for the chicken and dumplins? Because that sounds really good and like something I would enjoy.

No worries there! I actually have 2 full sized slow cookers. I will be getting rid of one of them but it's old and I have not used it in the 4 years since I moved here. I do use my other one quite often.

I have no plans on getting rid of anything else. I want it for things a lot of people mentioned; eggs, oatmeal, potatoes, chicken, soups, stews... just in less time. It just happened to come up when I was looking for a rice cooker and I would rather have something that can do many things then something that is for one thing. I have really bad luck when it comes to cooking rice. I forget about it while i am cooking other things so I need something to help with that (tired of scraping rice off the bottom of the pans).

Thank you all for the advice! Right now I am looking at the 6qt Lux or Duo.
I have a 6 qt lux and duo at home and the duo has slots in the handle to hold the lid. With the lux, you have to put the lid on the counter and if counter space is an issue, you may want to get the duo. There are other small differences-I think the duo makes yogurt, the lux doesn't, but does anyone really make yogurt?

I have a 6 qt lux and duo at home and the duo has slots in the handle to hold the lid. With the lux, you have to put the lid on the counter and if counter space is an issue, you may want to get the duo. There are other small differences-I think the duo makes yogurt, the lux doesn't, but does anyone really make yogurt?
Apparently everyone in the Facebook groups does. I have never seen more discussion about yogurt.

I love my instant pot. Mostly, I make chicken broth (in 2 hours, it's done) and hard boiled eggs. I tried rice, and didn't like it as much as our regular rice cooker, so we don't use it for that.

It's also a great time saver on nights I get home late from work. Chicken tikka masala, various curries, chicken chili verde etc--soupy things that should cook a while are done really quickly. On weekends, I use a Dutch oven in my regular oven, but I've found for weekdays the instant pot is great, and things don't get as mushy as in a crockpot (I'm always gone too long).

It's also good for speeding up "wet" roasts, like pot roast, shredded chicken, pulled pork etc. I've also used it to make quick corned beef when I wanted hash for breakfast.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter