Insuring your Iphone?

But a good case and screen protector, skip the insurance.
Yes, a good case is the best answer:
- It makes your phone a bit more "grippy" and less likely to be dropped.
- If dropped, it provides some protection.
- In general, you don't want to insure single items -- you'll almost always get nothing back.
- Before you buy phone insurance, check to see whether your phone might already be covered by your homeowners (or renter's) insurance or by your credit card.
- Additionally, just being aware will protect your phone: Don't use your phone while walking, for example.
Couldn't disagree more, things happen no matter how careful you are. I have been paying car insurance for 30+ years and have never filed a claim does that mean I should just drop it?
Poor analogy. Car insurance is required by law, and a car is significantly more expensive than a phone.
All insurance and warranties have a negative expected utility. On average, you will pay more for the coverage than you would without the coverage. It's all about risk-tolerance and your ability to save to cover unexpected expenses.
That's how insurance works! They charge more than the average person is ever going to "get back". That's how insurance companies own all those big buildings.
For example, I've been paying $$$ for homeowners insurance for 34 years -- never had a single penny back from it. I've been paying car insurance for 41 years -- they paid one small claim once. That's thousands and thousands of dollars I've lost.
A screen replacement costs $100 for my phone. Would I rather pay $10/month plus a $30 deductible in the event I need it? What are the legitimate chances of a total loss? Incredibly low. The insurance sellers like to say you're insuring a $1,000 device, but you're really only protecting a couple hundred in damages.
Oh, the insurance companies must hate you. You're logical and have thought this out.

We used to get insurance through ATT for our kids and dh. He’s a welder/industrial mechanic and despite having a case, he gets really dirty, does a lot of climbing, crawling, etc. Once, he had it clipped on his pocket and it fell into a tank at a refinery. He now leaves his phone in his toolbox when working anywhere that there’s risk of phone damage or loss.
As our kids got older they became much more careful with their phones, and they buy their own phones so when ds23 had his phone in a tshirt pocket while fishing, and it fell in the water, he learned the hard way to be more careful.

For the last few phone purchases, ATT wanted like $17.50 (plus tax) for insurance. It had to be bought at time of buying the phone.
For 4 of us, that would be close to $80/month.

Comparing to car insurance makes no sense.:crazy: When driving a car, you could kill a carload of people, or multiple carloads. Insurance covers not just the car’s value but the liability & injuries which is far more costly.

Certain American Express cards have Cell Phone Protection included -- as long as you pay the bill with the enrolled card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter