Interactive wand?

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
So we have not been to US since 2011. Even though all of my "kids" are teen/young adults, I am thinking that someone in the family will want an interactive wand. (We all love HP and I think some of us are looking forward to the US part of our trip more than the WDW part.)

Can someone explain exactly what this wand does?

You take it to various places in the HP areas and follow the directions to make things happen.

You will be given a map, and there are also a couple of extra unmarked spots you can find in the Harry Potter thread on this forum.

They are $50.

Here is a video that should give you an idea of what the wands do -

Warning, some might think this is a spoiler:

This is a video of some people's first time experience with HP who had no idea what to expect. (they were happy)

It is a weight loss video so you may have to skip over some of that, but I thought they gave enough first timers exp to make it good for new people.

You may be wondering what the difference is between the interactive and non-interactive wands.

The non-interactive wands are a little heavier, giving them an authentic wand feeling.
The interactive wands can 'activate' neat little things around Wizarding World.
Interactive wands can be swapped out for a new one for free if the interactive piece ever stops working.

I believe we paid $55+ tax for one a few weeks ago. My son had a blast with it! He's a 7 yr old and got the spots to work, mostly.

I think standard wands were $43.

Really just a neat experience. I love my wand. You will also see quite a few adults running around with them doing spells. And they work in both parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!