INTEREST - Disney Sketch Swap

Is anyone planning on the single page groups? I don't want to sign up for empty groups.

I ususally make 2 page layouts for my self. However, I find that the single ones we make are easier for me to use -- I am much more likely to have the right photos for a single page than for a pre-made double page. I can always make a co-ordinating 2nd page if I need it.

the only single pages I'm going to do are for Epcot - WS

I still plan on doing singles for MK and Epcot. I'm just happy there will be 2 pages for the 4 parks group.

I was going to ask about using sketches from the books too. I have 4-8, I think. And I want to get the travel one. Getting those books, have done more to get me scrapping more than any other thing before. The basic layout of the pages are exactly the way I like to scrap. The sizes of the photos match, lots of photos not those 1 picture pages, and I'm slowly learning how to use patterned paper together.

Oh, and excited to see some 2 pagers too!

Oh hope! I'm glad to hear you like them!

:rolleyes1 Really trying to stay away from this swap :rolleyes1

Funny Erin. I turn the same age you are talking about on Sunday March 4th. We are almost the same age by a few days.

Happy birthday in a few days! I didn't like 30...not looking forward to 40...but 35 just feels odd? How about you?

Is anyone planning on the single page groups?

I am!

Funny Erin. I turn the same age you are talking about on Sunday March 4th. We are almost the same age by a few days.

Happy Birthday 2 days early!

Is anyone planning on the single page groups? I don't want to sign up for empty groups.

I will be doing some single page layouts. If I stay out of the 2-page groups, then there should be enough spaces for those who expressed interest.

I will be stealing France for the WS this time around. Just so you all can make your plans accordingly.

I didn't notice turning 30 because I had a new born. 35 wasn't bad because I was following around a toddler. 40 wasn't too hard either. I've been gray since I was in my 20's so that part is really no big deal. I just wish I had enough of it so I could stop coloring my hair. 50 may be different. I will have one in college and one in high school. No little kids to keep me feeling young. But I don't know for sure. Now, the wrinkles. Don't get me started. I don't mind the ones by my eyes. I earned those babies. Lots of tears and smiles made those. The ones around my mouth, the same thing. But the crepe looking skin, that I could do without. Nothing targets that. And that is only going to progress with time. As long as I don't look in the mirror, I'm still 30 in my head. I loved the 30s.

I want 2-5, so if anyone wants to think about 1 & 6
need to go figure out with shetch to use :upsidedow

Happy Birthday 2 days early!

I will be doing some single page layouts. If I stay out of the 2-page groups, then there should be enough spaces for those who expressed interest.

I will be stealing France for the WS this time around. Just so you all can make your plans accordingly.

I didn't notice turning 30 because I had a new born. 35 wasn't bad because I was following around a toddler. 40 wasn't too hard either. I've been gray since I was in my 20's so that part is really no big deal. I just wish I had enough of it so I could stop coloring my hair. 50 may be different. I will have one in college and one in high school. No little kids to keep me feeling young. But I don't know for sure. Now, the wrinkles. Don't get me started. I don't mind the ones by my eyes. I earned those babies. Lots of tears and smiles made those. The ones around my mouth, the same thing. But the crepe looking skin, that I could do without. Nothing targets that. And that is only going to progress with time. As long as I don't look in the mirror, I'm still 30 in my head. I loved the 30s.

Grays!! They will be the death of me! Every time I look in the mirror, I feel like there is a new one! Thank goodness for color in a bottle!! I've embraced the 30's thus far (just not immediately) but 35...I'm not upset about it...it just seems odd. Like a turning point? I felt like that about 25 also...like I had to act like a mature 20's person! LOL Because you know...20-24 you could be crazy!! I really couldn't...had a couple kids...but you know...had a few moments! I guess as long as I keep going to Disney I don't ever have to grow up, right? ;)

same gray issue here, started early twenties..don't even want to know how gray I've become :scared1: having issue with some of my wrinkles too and the neck :eek: heck to get old

I have had some gray since I was 18 ;) I have that "nifty" birthday in August--we're cruising to Alaska to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary :love: Sarah will be settled at college by then and Rachel will have started her senior year of high school :scared1: How can my girls be growing up if I'm not getting any older ;)

I'll play for a few groups; singles and doubles

I've decided to embrace my gray :) I can't keep up with it anymore, it's too expensive to get colored all the time!

I have had some gray since I was 18 ;) I have that "nifty" birthday in August--we're cruising to Alaska to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary :love: Sarah will be settled at college by then and Rachel will have started her senior year of high school :scared1: How can my girls be growing up if I'm not getting any older ;)

I'll play for a few groups; singles and doubles

I've decided to embrace my gray :) I can't keep up with it anymore, it's too expensive to get colored all the time!

yay, so your going on the cruise for sure?!!!!
dang our kids for getting older...they are supposed to stay little forever! or until we want them to grow up a little bit!

Jennifer, I use the root touch up stuff....get it done professionally 2x year

They make sleeveless turtlenecks for a reason. So those of us with the beginnings of a turkey neck can still hide in the warm season. :thumbsup2

Are the pages to be assembled and then mailed or do you just put the pieces together in a baggie and the recipient assembles them?

Do you also have to include a 12x12 background paper?

I'm just trying to understand how this works.....I might be tempted/interested in some of the Animal Kingdom groups as I *need* some help with that park...but I'm unsure of the requirements and how to mail this type of swap.

You make your pages look as close to the sketch as you can. This means 12x12 background paper, all the mats and little pieces and embellishments.

The only thing the recipient should do is add photos and journaling.

Here is the current one going on right now to get an idea:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851688

Sketches are in the first posting, completed pages in the slide show in the next posting.

Thank you for the link to pictures--I understand now.....I'll have to think about joining in. I wasn't going to join anymore swaps at all....hmmmmm.:rolleyes1

Added the guidelines to the first post.

ETA: - it is a fun swap. Once you start making these sketch based pages, it gets really easy. This one is super easy because she gives you the cutting and placement measurements. No guessing needed.

I notice the comment on getting WS to fill up - what if you have everyone pick 2 for that section & then make half the amount so everyone gets one of each - since it is an odd number how about one for the "Africa" section - outpost is what I think it is called, I usually get a good pic to the coke truck & the guy craving (he was sweet & wrote in my WS book for my boys, we caught him on a break from craving)

Are the pages to be assembled and then mailed or do you just put the pieces together in a baggie and the recipient assembles them?

Do you also have to include a 12x12 background paper?

I'm just trying to understand how this works.....I might be tempted/interested in some of the Animal Kingdom groups as I *need* some help with that park...but I'm unsure of the requirements and how to mail this type of swap.

I LOVE these swaps! I tended to hoard my pages, but finally started using them, and I have something like 34 pages done in my trip this past November.

All the pages in this album are from various sketch/page swaps. Slide Show

Reddy, that is a great idea. I like the thought to add Africa instead of a "title" page for the World Showcase. Let's do that. Everyone pick 2.

I think I will go ahead and take the Africa spot along with France.

Going to change the wording on that group now.

Thanks for the link Jennifer. :hug:

Reddy, that is a great idea. I like the thought to add Africa instead of a "title" page for the World Showcase. Let's do that. Everyone pick 2.

great idea! I'm up for two spots...so then we'd just make 6 of ea page right?!

Thank you :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter