Interest for Christmas Card Swap??

happylady

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a Christmas Card Swap? Here's a few of my thoughts.....

1 - cards would have to be handmade (no store bought)
2 - must include envelopes
3 - keep each swap group to 10 people, but you could join as many groups as you like
4 - must include cardstock, printed/pattern paper and some type of embellishment like eyelets, brads, fibers, ribbons or buttons
5 - can include stamped images (embossing, watercolors, pearl ex and alcohol inks really add a beautiful touch)
6 - deadline to me would be November 1 and mailed to you by November 10

What do you think?

Yeah!! Finally someone wants to do this!! :thumbsup2 I was starting to wonder.

So, where are the rest of you???? Come on, it'll be fun!

happylady said:
So, where are the rest of you????

We just finished sign ups for a card swap that included Christmas.

There was someone who wanted in, but the Christmas was closed, so maybe she will see this thread.
eta: Found the screen name of the interested swappe------------bjtwins99

We will be having signups in December for spring/summer/mothers day/etc type cards if you are interested.

I make my own cards and that is a huge project. I don't have time for a swap. Thanks!

Guess it's just not gonna happen!!! :rolleyes1 We could always make 5 different cards each and just send them to each other!!!! Poohy on the Grinches!!! :rotfl: Don't know about you, but I can bang cards out like crazy! Especially once I get going!!!! Let me know what you want to do!

I just wanted you to know that had I not bitten off almost more than I can chew with all my other swaps, I would have been interested.
I will be one of the first to sign up next year. :thumbsup2

Because of my schedule, I often don't have time to read all the threads posted on the board. If I had seen the other card swap earlier, I would have joined.

Oh well, I'll just watch for next time and try to join in.

I decided to do "100 Christmas cards in a weekend" at my store. I'll have different instructors, each will rotate 1 1/2 hour classes (with breaks between) and reproduce 10 of the same card. Over the weekend, each person will walk away with 100 cards (10 different styles). Can't wait...the response has been great and it should fill up fast....I haven't even set the date yet!!

happylady said:
I decided to do "100 Christmas cards in a weekend" at my store. I'll have different instructors, each will rotate 1 1/2 hour classes (with breaks between) and reproduce 10 of the same card. Over the weekend, each person will walk away with 100 cards (10 different styles).!

now THAT sounds cool!! See, that's the kind of thing that I'd like to do....if I was going to spend all that time making cards, I'd want to be able to mail out ones that I had made myself (even if I didn't come up with the actual design for them). :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter