Interest Thread- Resort Swap?

dacky041208

DIS Veteran
So I am dipping my toes into the hostess waters! :scared1::woohoo:

Sign-ups: July 30 at 9am EST.
Due Date: October 4th (this is when i will need your package)

Since this will be my first time as a hostess, is everyone ok sticking with single elements and 2 inch letters?

Element list:
-Signage/ Topper: should be the name of the resort, does not have to be traditional 2x8 – other sizes/orientation acceptable also, double matted.
- 2 Journaling Boxes: at least a 3x3 writing area, double matted
- 2 Tags: no smaller than 2 x 3 and larger is fine, double matted
- Box and Tag: 1 each of journal box and tag, described as above
- Library Pocket and Tag: no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag
- 2 Slide Mounts
- File Folder: (2 per person if mini-sized)
- Matchbook: Include a blank page inside
- Shaker Box
- Paper Piecing
- License Plate
- 1 matted song/lyric/poem/quote/wordle: double matted, minimum text area 3x3
- 3 Altered Paper Clips
- 4 Embellished Shapes: at least 1 ½ by 1 ½ inches each, double matted (unless double matting is not feasible for the shape – use your judgement)
- 2 Borders: 12 inches long, double matted
- 2 Photo Frames--for a 4 x 6 photo, double matted
- 2 Photo mats: double matted, sized to fit a 4x6 photo
- ATC
- Altered CD
-Banner
Anything to add?

All questions are welcome! Here's my second of many: Should we have a color scheme for each resort?

Groups can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964113

I will be in for some groups.

Question are you going to add a holiday group?

yay! hmmm we definitely could add a holiday group....how would you want to do that? holiday group for certain resorts or just a separate group in general?

I'll play with you!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

I will play! I had been hoping that a resort swap would come up! I totally need some resort items!

:yay: I had also been hoping for a resort swap so I stalked the calendar board and took the opportunity!

I think a just one group should work.

Resort- Christmas

I am not sure if they decorate for Halloween, but I know they go all out for Christmas.

I agree w/ Rachal.. just do a single group for Christmas.. don't need you overwhelmed and throat deep in baggies on your first swap!

I will probably do one group..provided their is interest in that group.. I may need to sway Buffy into joining that group...as we stayed at that hotel together in 2010.

I agree w/ Rachal.. just do a single group for Christmas.. don't need you overwhelmed and throat deep in baggies on your first swap!

I will probably do one group..provided their is interest in that group.. I may need to sway Buffy into joining that group...as we stayed at that hotel together in 2010.

I added the Christmas group to the bottom. :)

Please sway Buffy in! The more the merrier!

I'll work on her... she owes me!

LOL I do?!?!? Did you get my Dole Whip shirt??? I do owe you for that if you did!

I am definitely in for at least 4 groups. We are going to spend the day at AoA when we go in December and we are staying at the Fort for the first time too. And I need xmas stuff for the resorts too. And I need Swan and Dolphin stuff for mine and Nan's trip in 2010.

Oh boy!!! I'm in trouble! LOL

LOL I do?!?!? Did you get my Dole Whip shirt??? I do owe you for that if you did!

I am definitely in for at least 4 groups. We are going to spend the day at AoA when we go in December and we are staying at the Fort for the first time too. And I need xmas stuff for the resorts too. And I need Swan and Dolphin stuff for mine and Nan's trip in 2010.

SCORE! love that you are joining! :thumbsup2

random thought....what would you swappers think if i started a disboard swappers photobucket account? I could give you the sign-in info when I pm you my info at the close of sign ups. That way, if you are the type that likes to post pics, you can post there and the picture automatically becomes part of one album/slideshow.

There'd be no pressure to take pics/post to said album, but I really think it could work out well- it could be used in other swaps too- a different album to a different swap. It could be a real great gallery after a while!

I would still put the letters together during sorting and snap pictures of them together.

Let me know your thoughts. :)

When will you be there? we are staying at All Stars Movies 12/10-20 :banana:

I did not find said shirt...but I had TS Debby nipping at my heels the first few days... LOL

Things are looking very promising for a Christmas trip sooner than later as the new law went into effect...and lets just say, I will have fun!!!!! :woohoo:

When will you be there? we are staying at All Stars Movies 12/10-20 :banana:

17-28!!!

I think my friends are staying at Movies too, I need to double check. We are doing DTD the 17th, not sure the 18th maybe DHS (waiting on the rest of the people to arrive), Epcot the 19th, and AK the 20th.

We need to hook up!

I did not find said shirt...but I had TS Debby nipping at my heels the first few days... LOL

Things are looking very promising for a Christmas trip sooner than later as the new law went into effect...and lets just say, I will have fun!!!!! :woohoo:

WOOHOO!!!!!
I guess I need to rethink my plans for 2013. We weren't going to do Xmas at WDW then because we were doing Spain in the summer. I might need to rethink that! LOL Spain is a given because the kids are insisting we go, but I might need to bank some money for Disney too.

Definatly! I haven't really planned it all out yet. We are still waiting on air to dictate when we come in. We were looking into overnight flights on 9th. But not sure yet. Still have to sit down with Dbf and pick mvmcp night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter