Interested In DVC for Cheapest point cost rooms

1. As far as UY goes, I would suggest a UY that starts immediately with the time of year you wish to go...and/or immediately after the four months you would least likely use it. Example: A UY starting 06/21/2020 means you will decide what points you use or wish to bank by 01/31/2021. Any reservations you would have between 02/01/2021 - 05/31/2021 are essentially use it by 5/31/2021 or lose it. If feb-may are the months you would go the least, then you would rarely run into this potential dilemma.

2. There are a lot of resources available on this site and internet addressing the costs. Your costs will essentially be broken into three main categories. 1. Amortized fixed cost of upfront purchase. 2. Variable costs which notably include the maintenance fees. The 3rd is oft overlooked and is 3. Net opportunity cost/time value of money...this one is much more complex and dependent on a number of variables. Every scenario is different but numbers 2 and 3 can potentially be a big portion/most of the total cost.

Good luck!

Can you post this spread sheet?
I too have done this. See attached
(disclaimer - some values may be a bit off)

I created a spreadsheet where you can plug in various values based on resale. I used 2019 dues as I didn't have 2020 dues available at the time but it's close. I used Riviera as a baseline for buying direct.
Here is a spreadsheet online you can play around with.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I9bseZKyYzVSZdoa-pVLE78o3AWHnt5BGwnylT07Aec/edit?usp=sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter