Interesting Atlantis article AND a new rumor!!

DVC-Landbaron

What Would Walt Do?
OK. I found this a few minutes ago. Thought I'd share it with the group.

Atlantis article

And from the article:
But fans of all those lilting lions, humming hyenas and warbling warthogs need not despair. Disney has a new musical animated feature -- this time a western called "Sweating Bullets'' -- up its sleeve for release in 2003.
Ah-Ha!! How about that for a rumor to sink your teeth into!! Anyone know anything about "Sweating Bullets''?

Haven't hear that one yet. As to the title, I hope they change it. Conjures up memories of that horrible syndicated TV show of the same name about that DEA (Canadian Equivalent) agent that moves from Canada to Florida. Boy was that awful.

By the gods, Landbaron – how do have the time to dig up these corpses?

This film has been in “development hell” since last year’s project re-evaluation – the one that saw ‘Wild Life’ canned and other changes. The original directors were fired and a new pair were put in place, the script was junked and the whole project was basically thrown in the freezer in case Disney had a hankering for leftovers (i.e., they couldn’t come up with a better idea). This one, I heard, started back in the Katzenberg days and that gives it a few strikes right from the beginning. And mention doing an animated musical, with singing animals, singing COUNTRY music to Eisner and you can all but see his toupee start to curl.

This film has been competitively linked with Dreamworks’ “Tusker” about elephants doing the “save the herd” thing in Asia. With the overwhelming success of ‘Shrek’, I heard a rumor that the elephants have been put on a faster development schedule. This may force Disney into thawing out ‘Sweating Bullets’ just to remain competitive in the plush animal market. Another factor would be the performance of ‘Atlantis’. If action-animation bombs, Disney could be forced to do another musical just to please the audience.

I, for one, would be thrilled to see another Disney movie come out with the music of Alan Menken attached to it. I think the recent concept of getting some non-theatrical pop singer to pen the tunes has been a mistake (No matter how many hit records they have.) Elton, Phil, and Sting just don't know story - and I say that EVEN THOUGH Lion King was the huge hit it was. The music for Lion King was largely hammered into shape by Hans Zimmer.
End of rant - I think Sweating Bullets sounds like fun!:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter