Interesting call from Member Services

LVSWL

Dis Veteran
Just got an interesting call from Member Services. The person said that they could see that we had a vacation coming up soon and just wondered if there was anything that they could help with. It was a very nice conversation, where he asked several times if there was anything that I needed. Our trip is early December, so about 60 days away. Anyone else get these calls? This is a first for me.

Just got an interesting call from Member Services. The person said that they could see that we had a vacation coming up soon and just wondered if there was anything that they could help with. It was a very nice conversation, where he asked several times if there was anything that I needed. Our trip is early December, so about 60 days away. Anyone else get these calls? This is a first for me.

Yes, I got one recently as well. I thought it was a bit surprising since it's the first time in 15+ years of ownership that MS has called.

The guy was very polite and asked me repeatedly if there was anything he could do for our trip. Nice if DVC is checking on members. Our first time in 17 years.

I got one today thanking us for signing up recently and asking if there were any questions we had. Pretty good touch so I didn't just feel like another number after they got us signed up.

The call that we received seemed like they were letting us know about the paid perks like bowling and fishing.

:earsboy: Bill
That's interesting. He didn't mention anything like that. I told him that I would be making my fastpasses in a few days, and he asked if there was anything else he might help with and I said well, I have all of my meals set for our trip. Just a first for us after all these years. I thought initially that he was going to try to encourage me to buy more points, but the call was nothing like that.

I had a message left a couple of weeks ago that I assumed was a call like that. I've received them in the past as well.

They could remove me from their list as far as I'm concerned.

I think I would respond with a question for him/her, “What kinds of things *can* you do?” I’m sure they aren’t intended to be a concierge service, can’t make FPs, maybe connect you with dining to make ADRs... It is a nice gesture, but I’m not so sure how affective they can be.

I think I would respond with a question for him/her, “What kinds of things *can* you do?” I’m sure they aren’t intended to be a concierge service, can’t make FPs, maybe connect you with dining to make ADRs... It is a nice gesture, but I’m not so sure how affective they can be.

I think I more or less did that once. They could help me with tickets (had them) Fast passes (had them by the date of the call) dining reservations (had those to) and could help us with questions about booking other things to do. It was all just the normal MS stuff.

Giving CMs something to do now call numbers have decreased due to online amendments?

Giving CMs something to do now call numbers have decreased due to online amendments?
Maybe, but I don't think so. I got such a call well before the online enhancements went live. FWIW, I really didn't think it was very helpful and probably wouldn't be to experienced members. Might be helpful for new members, though.

Given all the recent issues with MDE, Moonlight Magic reservations & other IT-related problems, I doubt call MS call volumes have decreased all that much yet.

I've had a couple of those calls.

They don't try to sell anything, or ask if I want to buy more points.

They asked about my dining reservations and fast passes.

Once, they put in a request for a first floor room, so I would have to deal with the elevators. (And yes, that was a good thing. I didn't want to have to deal with them.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter