Interesting call when I tried to cancel my Cdn 5 day PH tickets

valiamo

My love of Fantasia, and Mickey
We have a pair of Canadian discounted rate 5 day PH tickets with Maxipass that we purchased in January of this year.

We were planning to hit Disneyland the 2nd week of November of this year (to see the start of the Xmas season). Well we are down to 4 weeks from our planned trip date, we still have hotel rooms reserved, no flights booked, and absolutely no plans to hit Disney this year. So.. we decided to call up the reservation lines and see if we could cancel our non-refundable tickets (our thought was $782 USD in our pockets vs Disney's).

I was expecting to spend a hour on hold as that is what I had heard the current wait time typically was. Nope.. my call was answered within 30 seconds after the welcome to Disney message stopped playing (total time on the phone was 7 minutes... sweet).

The agent on the phone was amazing, and she opened my eyes to a couple of things, that I never knew before. When I mentioned that I wanted to cancel, she asked if I had heard of the 4 options for guests that had purchased tickets. If I would listen to them and if I still decided to cancel, she would do an immediate refund at the end of the call.

So... here is the spiel.

Option 1 - Keep the tickets, and use them anytime up to Dec of 2021 (1 year extension)

Option 2 - If I could not use the Tickets, I could "gift" them (she said to not sell them) to any other Cdn traveler(s) and they could use them up to the end of 2021 (they relaxed the restriction on who can use them, other than they need to show a Cdn Passport when redeeming them). Disney would allow someone else to use our tickets, even tho they are issued in our names.

Option 3 - Keep the tickets and if they expire Dec 2021 (if we really cannot make it), Disney would honor the full price for credit on park tickets any time in the future. So in essence a $782 credit useable forever.

Option 4 - Get a full and immediate refund.

She also mentioned that if we took the refund, that we could not change our minds (understandable). But she also mentioned that when the parks did open up, the plan is to only allow those guests with pre-purchased tickets (purchased before June 2020) into the parks for the foreseeable future, so these tickets would allow us to visit Disneyland when the opened up and before they opened up ticket sales again.

Well wouldn't you know it... we still have 2x 5 Day PH tickets with Maxipass that we are going to sit on for maybe another year!

Dreaming of our next trip south!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter