• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting Info about BCV

jel0511

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone -

I just got my add-on papers yesterday, and of course I still read everything!!! Anyway, I got a new public offering statement, so I was reading it and it stated that in fall 2002, there would be 18 units open into DVC, I guess the initial release into DVC. Also, what I found VERY interesting they also have a section where they talk about maximum point allocation, it listed BCV. There was only one point category for BCV and the maximums for BCV were the same as WLV and BWV preferred view. Does this means that the point charts will be the same for BCV as WLV?? If it does, my guess is that the point cost is going to be pretty high then, since the points will be the same.

I'm willing to bet point structure will be the same as BWV or WLV. As to price/point, it will likely be slighlty higher than it is right now (around$80-85/pt), but I see no reason for price being higher than that. BCV will not offer anything more than BWV.

It would be good news to be the same points as WLV and BW preferred but I doubt it will be. I'd love to bet on that one and lose so Joe how about a Corona. One point is that a unit is not necessarily a room. They usually break the resort up into sections so they can declare them a few at a time. Remember they must declare everything they sell, before they sell it. Thanks for the heads up though, sounds like a small piece of info they might prefer to have kept under wraps for a couple of more months.

You're on, Dean!!!! Make it a few coronas. If rooms are the same size as BWV or WLV, point structure will be the same. That is my bet.

:bounce:

Usually one's my limit but ok sounds like fun. I hope I lose this bet.

What's the date listed on your public offering statement? We just did an add-on and the date on ours is 3/2001?? What page is this information on?

thanks.....:p

I see a potential for another situation in Florida wherein the answer will be open to debate.(like a recent election result)

For the bettors:

If BCV opens with standard view points=BWV preferred view points(all WLV points) and BCV preferred view= more points than ever before...who wins the bet?

Good point. However, from what I have read and seen, I doubt BCV will have much of a "preferred view" because it faces the back of the BC. I believe that there will only be one view in the BCV. I also read somewhere in these boards that when BWV opened they only offered one view but changed to the current point scheme due to complaints about point cost of what was considered "bad views" being the same as boardwalk or water views.

I also think that BCV will have only one "view" as far as point cost is concerned. However, I think that the rooms facing EPCOT (even if there are woods in between) will quickly become the most requested "view" by guests. It looks to me as though those rooms will have a view of the EPCOT fireworks. While the view will likely not include a view of the lagoon/globe, I'm sure that it will include a good view of the higher level fireworks - at least as good as that enjoyed by some of the rooms at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter