Interesting story about RadioDisney

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
A court agreed that RadioDisney was "all ears" in some dealings with a former partner, Radio AAHS. Disney listened a little too well and was found to have stolen secrets of children's radio from Radio AAHS.
Story in Minneapolis newspaper.

Thanks for the link. The only children's radio that my kids listen to is Radio Disney. I was unaware of the lawsuit.

It's probably not big news outside of the Twin Cities area. The Radio AAHS flagship station was here when we moved here in 1991. I think they had between 4 and 6 affiliates throughout the country. My kids listened to Radio AAHS all the time and were pretty exited when a partnership with Disney was announced. Then all of a sudden, instead of being more involved, Disney started their own kid's radio network.

After I thought about it, I remembered more than 4 or 5 affiliates of Radio AAHS, so I looked up on google.com and found the Radio AAHS company actually owned 13 radio stations and they operated 17 others as Radio AAHS affiliates, for a total of 30 stations.
Here's link to a story in Business Week from after the original trial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter