Interesting that there will be no fastpass available for smugglers run when it first opens

I can see an upside to this. If you want to do ANYTHING else in the park at rope drop, it should be a breeze (with the possible exception of Slinky Dog, but that`s available with FP+) for the first couple hours, with GE and Smugglers Run drawing a daily madhouse.

If you still want to ride Smuggler`s Run (of course you do), get in line just before closing time.

Do you think no FP will make the stand by line longer or shorter? If I can't get FP, I wouldn't wait in a 3 hr line. Maybe they are hoping that others feel that way too so it will keep the line under a 6 hr wait.

Until Rise of the Resistance opens, yes, I would say the over/under is about six hours...

I don't think the "park close" tactic will work. I am positive they will cut off access to the line well before park closing. If you are looking at a 3, 4, 5, or 7 hour line to GET IN THE LAND or on the ride, they will not be letting folks hop on the end of the queue at 8:59pm LOL.

Until Rise of the Resistance opens, yes, I would say the over/under is about six hours...

Obviously like opening day will be nuts, but I do think no FP will cut down the wait quite a bit so after the first week or so I would take the under for 6 hours and think it will be more in the 2-3 hour range ... and the fact it will be open in two parks impacts things too vs only WDW having FoP

From what I saw they are only doing the land reservations at DL from a May 31 to June 23 and my (albeit cynical) thought is they know media and bloggers will be all over the first of the lands to open and they want to be sure there is some crowd control for all of their pictures and video they will be taking

Not like starting June 24 the crowd levels will lessen much

My thought exactly. Free publicity.

So, we have a trip in November--and assuming FP will still not be active for Smugglers Run. Any idea if 'virtual' line is a real possibility? We have DVC at Boardwalk--so we can walk over at basically any time. Just trying to picture a gameplan on how we are going to get on that ride!!

So, we have a trip in November--and assuming FP will still not be active for Smugglers Run. Any idea if 'virtual' line is a real possibility? We have DVC at Boardwalk--so we can walk over at basically any time. Just trying to picture a gameplan on how we are going to get on that ride!!
Falcon has a single rider line. We aren’t really sure how they will handle the standby. I don’t expect a virtual queue for the ride but I do for the land itself.

There is something inherently fair about giving access to those fans willing to wait in line. Years ago, long before virtual lines, I was waiting in line for a coaster at 6 flags. Guests were given a sequentially numbered "boarding pass". If you were more then 10 numbers out of sequence you weren't allowed to ride. That eliminated people trying to game the line, one cut at a time. Line moved much faster then expected.
I suspect Disney will have a variety of $$$ ways for guests who want to experience SWGE without waiting in line half a day.

I was at Universal a week after Harry Potter opened. I got over to IoA a little over an hour before park early opening (for resort guests and others). Most of the line was behind me. Walked on the ride. The line to enter HP land when I left was hours.

I suspect the number of people willing to wait in line a 3a is smaller then posters think. Those people will be visiting in the first few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter