Interesting Waitlist Observation

Sandisw

DVC Forums
I am heading down in June with a friend and booked VGF SV studio at 7 Months. I initially used my BWV points from my June UY, and then I decided to borrow some of my SSR points from my August UY instead, to free up the BWV to book a really good friend there for Xmas and NYE trip 2020.

By the time I decided to do this a week later, the room was only available for 3 of 4 nights, so I rebooked those, and adjusted the initial one to include only night 1.

I put in a waitlist for that same night in my Aug UY in hopes to get the entire reservation in one membership.

Last week, when booking a one night end of June reservation for a different friend, I booked it on the wrong membership and needed to change. The room wasn’t available but there were other options and since she didn’t care where, it was no big deal. So I cancel and go to rebook on my other membership, and it’s now there...I’m thinking wow, that must mean either there is no waitlist for my night, or rooms do go back first,

Well, last night, I decide to risk it and try with my VGF night. I booked Poly first on the right membership in hopes of once canceling, I’d be able to pick it up quickl. Given it was 11:30 pm EST, I figured it would work,

Well, it didn’t.,,I lost the room and it never showed back up...I tried until after midnight..

Since I set my original waitlist up for this night without the notion to cancel another reservation, I called today to ask them to amend my WL to cancel the now booked Poly room.

Guess what? CM says, “ Good news,,,your WL for VGF just matched this morning but it’s not yet been processe. I’ll do that for you!”

I bet that was the room I released at 11:30 pm last night! So, it’s obvious that rooms do not always go back without a waitlist check. I was one happy person!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter