International a Gateway to close 11/27 to 12/17?

Whelp, Disney just called to cancel our 12/4 Illuminations Cruise :(
They are refunding us and holding a free dessert party for those impacted, including free admission to Epcot.
They called me, but I missed my call. Can you give me any more information on the dessert party? Is it basically adding us to the frozen desert party?

I know I’m a runner but I’ve never found the walk from the Boardwalk area to DHS that bad.
The walk to DHS is not nearly as doable for us as the walk to Epcot. I travel with someone with neurologic disease. Staying reasonably active is good, getting overtired is not so good. As others have said, it's a very individual thing.

I just spoke to DVC Member Services regarding this issue as we arrive at the BWV on 12/2. They put me on hold to check with other resources. They said they did not find anything on this closure

I just spoke to DVC Member Services regarding this issue as we arrive at the BWV on 12/2. They put me on hold to check with other resources. They said they did not find anything on this closure
This is what I mean. How can they say they can't find anything on this closure, but Swan & Dolphin are advising their guests that the boats will not be running!

I'm another vote for hoping this isn't true! We will be at BW 12/2 through 12/7 and again in early Jan 2019 so I'm hoping this isn't true for any part of our stays. I'm also concerned about boat service to HS, my husband has a heart condition so walking to the studios isn't really an option for us. I sure hope we get some clear communications about this from Disney sooner rather then later!

I called the recreational line and asked why I got a phone call about our illuminations cruise and they looked at our date (12.7.18) and told me I was good and had nothing to worry about. Obviously I know that is not true. It just is a little frustrating that the cast members you book it with, don't even know.

I haven’t walked it in a while (6-7 years at least). It’s not awful but it’s not the same convenience as getting into Epcot or even the contemporary-magic kingdom path
It's just as convenient.

The distance to Epcot from Yacht is roughly the same as the furthest CR Garden View room surely?

I haven’t walked it in a while (6-7 years at least). It’s not awful but it’s not the same convenience as getting into Epcot or even the contemporary-magic kingdom path
With the construction in the DHS parking lot, and the reroute of the path around the gondola there, the walk is somewhat longer than it was even last year.... so extra time (and energy) is needed

It's just as convenient.

The distance to Epcot from Yacht is roughly the same as the furthest CR Garden View room surely?
I was saying that the studios walk isn’t comparable to going to Epcot or magic kingdom from contemporary, which are both way shorter

Ugh I'm also hoping the IG entrance remains open. The boats I can deal with as long as the IG stays open! Pretty sure a lot of people would not have booked those resorts if they had known the IG would be closed and no boats (if both are true)!

I agree . I know we would not have chosen BW if we had known of this possible closure. Fingers crossed that IG and walkway to HS remain open. Providing buses is absolutely no compensation for losing the ability to enter through the IG from the Boardwalk area "Deluxe" resorts.

I called the recreational line and asked why I got a phone call about our illuminations cruise and they looked at our date (12.7.18) and told me I was good and had nothing to worry about. Obviously I know that is not true. It just is a little frustrating that the cast members you book it with, don't even know.

Yep, we were called yesterday that our 12/9 Illuminations cruise is cancelled. I am so bummed. I worked really hard to put this together as a surprise for my husband's 40th birthday. Their "replacement" idea was pretty lame and I don't have any time to come up with something else. Everything else is already booked up!

I agree . I know we would not have chosen BW if we had known of this possible closure. Fingers crossed that IG and walkway to HS remain open. Providing buses is absolutely no compensation for losing the ability to enter through the IG from the Boardwalk area "Deluxe" resorts.

Exactly!! I can't change my reservation so we are staying at BWV regardless but I will be upset as that is the reason we chose to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter