International a Gateway to close 11/27 to 12/17?

To me the onus for this error is with Swan/Dolphin, not Disney. Their inaccurate information is was started this mess.
Marriott released an accurate notice that there would be a service disruption of boat service to Epcot. This was accurate when they released it, and after Disney’s confirmation, by circuitous means of the closure, everything the Marriott released remains accurate.

The calamity stems from an unsubstantiated rumor from WDWNT.

So the question is, given a known/established service disruption has been made public (Marriott’s statements were never refuted) by a partner Good Neighbor hotel, how could Disney have best handled this? Only a Disney apologist could absolve Disney for their handling of this situation and their failure to contain the concern that was repeatedly brought up directly to their customer service.

Marriott released an accurate notice that there would be a service disruption of boat service to Epcot. This was accurate when they released it, and after Disney’s confirmation, by circuitous means of the closure, everything the Marriott released remains accurate.

So the question is, given a known/established service disruption has been made public (Marriott’s statements were never refuted) by a partner Good Neighbor hotel, how could Disney have best handled this? Only a Disney apologist could absolve Disney for their handling of this situation and their failure to contain the concern that was repeatedly brought up directly to their customer service.
Yes Disney should’ve released a notice by now about the boat service being disrupted.

Do we know how things are normally handled invoking good neighbor type hotels? I agree Disney should have had something out earlier but seems not proper for a non-Disney entity to make an announcement about something controlled by Disney without Disney approving/involved. Seems like at a minimum should have been better communication between Disney and Marriott - and no idea as to whose more at fault there

Actually the original statement posted on their web site was inaccurate, in that it indicated that Friendship boat service would also be down to DHS.

1539538498744-png.320066

Wow. I personally have no ill feelings towards any discrepancy in Swolphin's announcement since they are literally the only source to which I had a clue this is even happening. I don't see it as them "stepping on toes", I see it as them taking care of their guests! Wish the ones running the show at MY resort took care of me. :sad2:

So is it confirmed that the boats will still run between the resorts and HS? More importantly, is it also confirmed that the IG will remain open to foot traffic?

So is it confirmed that the boats will still run between the resorts and HS? More importantly, is it also confirmed that the IG will remain open to foot traffic?
Post 111 by @rinnythepooh outlines is well and accurately

"My husband sent an email last night to George Kalogridis , an executive at Disney. We received a phone call this morning with the following answer:
1. There will be no pedestrian impact on the IG during the construction of the skyliner.
2. Yes there will be an impact on the Friendship Boats to Epcot.
3. There will be no impact on the Friendship boats to HS.
4. There will be no impact on the walkway to HS.
5. They apologized that no formal notice has gone out and they are working on a formal notice to be sent out."

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...e-11-27-to-12-17.3711586/page-6#post-59864604

Will Swolphin guests have boat service to either BW or YC/BC from which they could walk to the IG?

Pretty simple. Release a statement confirming boat dusruotions and assuring people that door traffic to ig won’t be affected. The latter seemed to be the big concern so let people know that would still be available.

Although I've been reading this thread since the beginning, I think it would be helpful if the first (or ryan's second) post was edited to include the update with the accurate info for anyone who wants to know. that way new people dont have to read over 100 pages of speculation to find the truth. Just a thought.

There are rumors of the International Gateway and/or the walkway to Studios being closed soon due to skyliner construction.
Wondering if you all have heard anything more concrete?

We're staying at Yacht Club the first week of December, mainly for the easy access to the 2 parks. If the access is affected, than the upgrade to YC is not worth it for us.

There are rumors of the International Gateway and/or the walkway to Studios being closed soon due to skyliner construction.
Wondering if you all have heard anything more concrete?

We're staying at Yacht Club the first week of December, mainly for the easy access to the 2 parks. If the access is affected, than the upgrade to YC is not worth it for us.
IG will remain open. The boats to Epcot will be closed but boats to DHS will be open. The walkway to DHS will also be open.

IG will remain open. The boats to Epcot will be closed but boats to DHS will be open. The walkway to DHS will also be open.

Thank you for merging my new post to this topic, and thanks for the info!

To me the onus for this error is with Swan/Dolphin, not Disney. Their inaccurate information is was started this mess.
Perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards. Blame the company that got it right and informed all their customers. LOL.
The original information from Swan/Dolphin was not entirely accurate; it was only later that they issued an updated corrected notice.

This whole matter has been a long saga. I find it amazing that to this day, Disney has still not issued a public statement, nor sent a message to EPCOT resort guests who may be more greatly impacted, regarding the upcoming FriendShip boat limitations, due to Gondola work at EPCOT..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!