International Festival of Holidays . . . what is not to be missed?

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
We will have about 3 hours to explore the International Festival of Holidays in Epcot's World Showcase on the last day of our trip (which incidentally is the first day of the festival, November 18th). I was hoping to hear from those who have experienced this before what countries we should focus on for the best food, drinks, and storytelling?

I don’t know about food but our favorite storytellers are in France, Italy, Norway, and Germany.
All of these storytellers are good. I would focus on Norway and Italy as they are funny. France is good. Last year Germany did not have a storyteller for the first time in years. UK has Father Christmas which is fun but I believe he is later in the day. The mariachis in Mexico are really good and they are right next to Norway. They usually stagger them so you can see them both back to back. The singers in Canada are pretty good as well. My top 2 would be Norway and Italy.

I love it all but last year, I really REALLY enjoyed performances by "Joyful" if they return (they sang at the Future World fountain) and the band "Mostly Kosher" (they were between France & Morocco, if I remember right). Just excellent!

If you are there at night, the holiday tag on IllumiNations is worth waiting through the boring globe part :laughing: Seriously though, I saw it multiple times last Christmas and since this may be the last year for IllumiNations, I think everyone should try and catch it :)

Thanks so much! With such limited time, I want to make sure we see/hear some good stuff and had no idea what to focus on. Please keep 'em coming! :)

I love it all but last year, I really REALLY enjoyed performances by "Joyful" if they return (they sang at the Future World fountain) and the band "Mostly Kosher" (they were between France & Morocco, if I remember right). Just excellent!

If you are there at night, the holiday tag on IllumiNations is worth waiting through the boring globe part :laughing: Seriously though, I saw it multiple times last Christmas and since this may be the last year for IllumiNations, I think everyone should try and catch it :)
I was also very impressed with Mostly Kosher. One of the better performances.

Get the book and see what food items sound good to you. They have them at most of the food kiosks around the WS.

I co-sign all the previous mentions of Mostly Kosher. If they’re back this year I will catch them every time I’m there. And if it is the same, the Spiced Rum Punch Slush at the French kiosk is my favorite of all the festivals’ French slushie drinks (and that’s saying a lot!).

The Voices of Liberty singing Christmas carols gives me chills.

Does anyone know if the storytellers, food booths, holiday music groups etc will still be there on New Year's Eve?

We will have the whole day so I want to see it all. Please keep these ideas coming. Haven't been to Epcot at Xmas before. We are going to skip Future World as we have done all that before and really want to focus on the countries.

We really enjoyed joyful as well. We stopped to listen several times. Lots of talent!

I co-sign all the previous mentions of Mostly Kosher. If they’re back this year I will catch them every time I’m there. And if it is the same, the Spiced Rum Punch Slush at the French kiosk is my favorite of all the festivals’ French slushie drinks (and that’s saying a lot!).

The Voices of Liberty singing Christmas carols gives me chills.
I was so sad we never got around to the Voices of Liberty last year or Mostly Kosher. Gives us a good excuse to go back this Christmas - of course ANY excuse will do 8-).

This is all so helpful! :) I already had Joyful and Voices of Liberty on my list of must dos, and will add Mostly Kosher. :thumbsup2
Tell me more, tell me more . . . :goodvibes

Since everyone has had some time to explore, any further recommendations on what not to miss at International Festival of the Holidays? I have done Food and Wine multiple times (including in October this year). I am just trying to figure out if there is something that I should really go for.

Also, any opinion on Cal Ripken Jr as the lead of the Candlelight Processional? I was very excited to do this, but the only day we can do it, he is the reader -- and I am not excited to see a former baseball player.

Final question, on the storytellers, do they still perform after Christmas? We will not get there until the 28th -- I know that the Festival is still going, but are the storytellers treated like Santa (vanishing after the 24th)? For that matter does Santa vanish after the 24th? I had assumed so, and not sure how to explain that to the kids if he is still there.

Since everyone has had some time to explore, any further recommendations on what not to miss at International Festival of the Holidays? I have done Food and Wine multiple times (including in October this year). I am just trying to figure out if there is something that I should really go for.

Also, any opinion on Cal Ripken Jr as the lead of the Candlelight Processional? I was very excited to do this, but the only day we can do it, he is the reader -- and I am not excited to see a former baseball player.

Final question, on the storytellers, do they still perform after Christmas? We will not get there until the 28th -- I know that the Festival is still going, but are the storytellers treated like Santa (vanishing after the 24th)? For that matter does Santa vanish after the 24th? I had assumed so, and not sure how to explain that to the kids if he is still there.
The storytellers should still be performing through the 30th. I believe the last day is the 30th. Obviously Santa will be gone. Make sure you see the holiday version of illuminations since this is the last year.

Voices of Liberty is my number one pick. We also enjoyed listening to the Hanukkah story (and the fiddler) at the L'Chaim! Kitchen booth (and I always wanted to try an egg cream, which they had there!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter