Interval International Trading into DVC?

MOM POPPINS

<font color=red>I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) wh
We are DVC members :) My inlaws are not members but they do own a timeshare that they have now deposited into Interval. I have seen SSR come up over the past few days but in a studio unit. Do the 1 bedroom units every come up to exchange into. Do any other DVC resorts ever come up besides SSR?

Thanks for any help. I am trying to help them get a reservation to stay close to us while we are using our DVC membership.

:)

Yes, others do come up...just keep looking!!!

I traded into a 1 bedroom at BCV for July. :banana: (and added 5 days on points) Although this is my first trade using II, I see units at DVC frequently. BUT, they don't last long!!

In the last couple of weeks or so, I saw a 2 BR VWL. Frequently, OKW and SSR have 1 BR available; usually, BCV and BWV have studios available.

Good luck
June

Thanks for the reply. :) Is it best to pay the fee upfront and put in your dates for a "formal" request for automatic confirmation? Is that how you "landed" BCV in the summer time? I am happy to see that other resorts come up. We have a 6 week window we are looking for something from January 4th. until February 8th, 2008. It's off season so hopefully something will show up! :)

A few points...
  • Weeks at every DVC resort show up on IntervalWorld.com at one time or another.
  • Unlike many timeshares, where the individual owners choose which weeks to deposit with II, DVC weeks are chosen and deposited by someone in DVC Member Services.
  • DVC weeks can show up for any month, but the month for which you are most likely to find a DVC week "just sitting there" is September.
  • DVC weeks are typically grabbed quickly; a DVC week that an II member sees at IntervalWorld.com in the morning is likely to be gone that evening.
  • Most DVC deposits never show up on IntervalWorld.com because they are used to fill ongoing requests.
  • For ongoing requests, there could be a large number of II members waiting for the same DVC week deposit.
  • To be successful with an ongoing request, it helps to be high on the II food chain (trading a high-demand, high-quality week) and to be patient (to get the request in far ahead of time).
  • To be successful with an ongoing request, it helps to be flexible -- to list all onsite DVC resorts at WDW, to be willing to take a smaller unit, and to list a range of check-in dates.

Thanks :) One more question.. If I put in a request and use my credit card is it charged right away OR only if and when an exchange is found that matches?

Thanks :) One more question.. If I put in a request and use my credit card is it charged right away OR only if and when an exchange is found that matches?
Horace did a great job explaining many of the issues. It is charged right away but is refundable if a match is not found and in some cases if you cancel within 24 hours of a match being made. You should put in the request you want as an ongoing request, it's the best way by far to be successful in this situation.

A few more points...
  • Exchanges into DVC resorts at WDW require a $95 fee to Disney after they are confirmed with II, but before check-in.
  • When there is a match for a DVC resort, II will normally call instead of automatically confirming it; that's to inform the II member of the $95 fee.
  • If II leaves a message and the II member does not return the call within 24 hours, II will give the week to someone else.
  • II called me the last time a DVC trade came through against one of my requests -- even though I had explicitly asked them to note in my request that I was aware of the $95 and that I wanted to accept automatically (fortunately, I was not out of town when they called).
  • II members who trade in are eligible for Disney's Magical Express (complimentary transportation and inbound baggage transfers).
  • II members who trade in are eligible for the Disney Dining Plan at the same rate at DVC members, without the requirement to buy tickets.
  • II members who trade in do not get any other DVC Member benefits, such as pool hopping or DVC member dining discounts.
  • The good news in Orlando is that if an II request for a DVC weeks fails, there are many other excellent alternatives; for example, there are several Marriott timeshare resorts which tend to have good availability (except during peak periods), as long as the II member has sufficient trading power.

I didn't request an exchange; I usually find what I am looking for on the website. When I saw the 1 BR BCV a few months ago, I made the exchange on line and then I put the II fees on my credit card.

I will pay the $95 Disney fee before I go.

June:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter