Interval International

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
Where do we find out what's available to trade out thru II trades?

My brother is trading me one week of his Marriott TImeshare, for OKW to stay on property, and he can exchange thru II.

I thougth it'd probably be the same II list as DIsneys....?

Goldi

Everything in the DVC/II list should be accessible to you for trade, but II also has many more resorts not in the DVC program.

Your brother should have the complete list. You can also go to the Interval site to see the resorts.

Good luck!

http://www.intervalworld.com That'll give you access to the directory but not what's available. It will also not tell you what's 5*. If your brother gives you access to his online account, you can get more information. If you want to know if something specific is available, I'd be happy to check for you.

I am understanding that you are doing a direct exchange with your brother. You'll give him a week at OKW and he gives you a Marriott week he either has or will deposit to II. Will you do that deal for the rest of us? Seriously, what are you wanting to exchange for in terms of location, unit size and time of year. What resort and time of year is he trading to you. This info will help me give you realistic expectations as well as to help you avoid a few pitfals.

BTW, welcome to the group that rents DVC.

Brother is definitely coming out ahead.... But this is the first time in 10 years that he's ever asked to go to Disney. He had Marriot reservations, but SIL requested on-site.

At any rate, this is the reason I bought the timeshare, to use w/Family, so I figure what the heck. Also, I kinda wanted to learn what Marriot was like, in case we ever venter off (I hear better deal if want to travel other locations).

SO brother is using 418 points (ugh) Dec. 3-13. I agreed to accept a 1 week exchange for a 2BR (which I don't really need, we're only 3), or to maybe try to break it into a studio and a 1 BR. (IF we do that, will DD-8 have somewhere to sleep?) or do studios / 1BR only fit 2?

and to pay cash for the 3 extra days... He said okay, I'll give you $200 or something... I told him because it was a weekend, it's more... but I think he may have sticker shock. Those 3 extra days for OKW 2BR is 155 points. So was going to give it to him at cost. Anyone know what are dues where this year? I gave him estimate of $4.50 / point, but I think maybe it's like $4.75 ish? (and I had to borrow 2007 points, which will be more expensive).

At any rate, using the 155 * $4.50 is just shy of $700. I thought about not asking him for it, because money is tight. But now I think I will take it, and use it for extras (like FW cruise).

I'll ask brother for login/pw to interval site, thanks. We did cancel reservation. Found out that this year has to be used by first week of December, and I'm not sure if we have another block of time that we can use for a vacation, because it has to be 7 days, correct?

Brother had insurance, which also makes it much messier. You have to collect against insurance for the cash value (which is a losing proposition, I bet), so that's why we're trying to rebook.

I like warm, swimming, and a really good child activity center. Any suggestions? And U.S. is preferable.

Opinions, thoughts, suggestions appreciated Dean and all.

Thanks, Goldi

Goldi, I assume your brother already deposited with II? What resort does he actually own at? If he's already deposited, it can't be broken into two components (studio & 1 BR). If he hasn't deposited and it's a lockoff, he can split it up for a fee and deposit separately.

You threw in a subtle bomb there at the end. Let me make sure I understand this correctly. Your brother had a week scheduled with II that he had to cancel. He had cancellation insurance which he HOPES will cover the cancellation though I doubt it will. Usually they only cover for disasters, not just if you change your mind. But anytime you want to trade 400 plus points (even with a $700 kicker) for a Marriott week, be sure to let me know.

If this is a one time thing and you just want to give something back to the family, that' cool, I do it all the time. But be clear that you're giving up almost $4K worth of points for something worth likely only a few hundred dollars if I'm reading between the lines correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter