Inventions - reviews

Wow our experience couldn't have been any different from Skala's - we ate there on 27th November 2010 and it was fabulous. We were with Wildelady and family and she's been telling me how fantastic it was and seeing was believing!!

We ate at 6pm and asked to be seated by the buffet (near the main / desert tables) that way we got first dibs on the characters. We were there for just over 2 hours and saw 9 characters and got plenty of time with ALL of them (chip and dale, goofy, pluto, donald, mickey and minnie, eeyore, gepetto)

Chip and Dale are legendary - they were such good fun. All the characters were fabulous. All spent quality time with us and came back for 2nd 3rd and 4th visits and Chip and Dale spent almost 30 mins with us all in all throughout the evening.

I can honestly say that it would be worth the 20 euro's for the character interaction - both the kids ate well and had a fantastic time.

For us adults the meal was one of the best food I have ever eaten in my life. Everything was fresh and replenished regularly, our waiter was superb.

If they have the lamb stew you have to try it .. it is absolutely amazing ..

for 5 of us (3 adults and 2 kids) with drinks and wine the bill was 188 euros .. well worth every penny .. all 5 of us had a fantastic evening and I can't wait to go back to celebrate my daughter's 4th birthday in July ..

Inventions I love you :)

Just wondering if anyone has eaten here recently, and what the current prices are?
I'd love to try this place (and I think it seems like a better value for money compared to Auberge, which I think is similarly priced? :confused3)

Looks like lovely food and I can't get enough of the characers haha

I must say we loved Inventions when we went in December 2009 so much so we ate there twice that week, but September 2010 was disappointing and made me think why did we love it here so much? It was still a nice experience but not WOW like our previous visits and for the money they charge we werent so satisifed last time.

We ate here last Tuesday (April 19). The food was as lovely as ever. I didn't take photos as the choice was basically the same as last time.

The current adult charge is €56.

There are lots and lots of starters I like and just toooo many desserts that I love. I am less interested in the mains - but there was plenty to choose from. There was plain carved beef, beef in some sauce, duck in some other sauce and lamb in some ....er...different sauce. There was also one or two fish dishes and a veg dish. In addition there was simpler stuff for the children - pizza, pasta and sauce or chicken. There was rissotto, veg, smashed pots or chips to go with any of the mains.
There were 8 characters out during the time we had a meal and 7 of them visited us, although we had no small children with us.
There was one thing I found a bit odd, but I have started another thread about that because I wanted to know if others thought the same.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40869433#post40869433

we weren't staying at the Disneyland Hotel, but we paid for breakfast here at Inventions restaurant on Sunday 6th November. The charge is 14 euros per adult, 6 euros per child, no need to book in advance (I checked with the DLH concierge the day before).

The food was amazing - by far the best breakfast choices in the whole DLP resort. The usual cereals and continental offerings, plus pancakes, cold meats, smoked salmon, salads, fresh fruit juices (4 different choices) yoghurts, fresh fruit and fresh fruit salad etc. The pastries were gorgeous, the little sultana/raisin swirls were to die for :love:. Hot items included eggs (2 kinds), bacon, sausage, beans, potato fritters and fried tomatoes. All cooked well and perfectly seasoned.

Your waiter comes to your table with pots of tea, coffee, hot milk and chocolate.

Breakfast is available from 7am to 11am, we were there from just after 10am until 10.45, the food was constantly being replenished, and there were still guests coming in for breakfast when we left.

My DD absolutely loved this, it was very relaxing and a wonderful experience all around. On our way into the restaurant we saw Eeyore and Rabbit, and on our way out -

046.jpg

We walked down that impressive staircase to the lobby of the DLH

051.jpg

to find this too :) -

049.jpg

050.jpg

047.jpg

we will definitely be back for breakfast at the DLH :thumbsup2.

I was at Inventions yesterday for lunch.
This was a first tme lunch visit, as I have previously always visited for dinner. We were on a budget food wise for this trip so dinner was definitely too expensive.
I booked for 12.30 and we were the first people in when the doors opened. We had a lovely table in the main dining room overlooking the park entrance. There was a very tempting basket of bread but we resisted as we had decided to make the most of the lovely food.
There was almost as much choice as at dinner and everything was really delicious. My three teenage companions all loved the food but felt a little intimidated that the restaurant wasn't very busy. As more people arrived they relaxed and enjoyed what was a lovely lunch at a reasonable price. We got the shareholder discount and had one soft drink each plus a jug of water which kept the cost down to around 40 euro each including a good tip.
Still not cheap but really enjoyable and imho good value :goodvibes

We ate her last Wednesday. We didn't like it very much tough and it wasn't worth the price at all. The selection of food on offer was WAY smaller then what I've seen on the pictures in the restaurant review threads. Our waiter was very rude, a smile was a no go.
When we were picking our drinks he just kept standing next to our table, rolling his eyes and sighing, making us feel uncomfortable as if we were taking to long and were wasting his time.
When we ordered he didn't even say anything, he just grabbed the cart with the choice of drinks on it and ran off. It took him 25 minutes (I timed it!) to get us our bottle of water and one coke. At this point he had forgotten the glasses, which I kindly asked him for. He gave me such a filthy look as if I was asking him to do God knows what. When he brought them over he almost knocked the bottle of water over, acting with such wide and angry arm gestures that the glasses were clinging and tinkling and making noise all over the place. I felt so embarrassed towards all the other people around.

When we had to pay we asked him at our table if we had to pay there or if we had to go back to the entrance for that. He said here, and walked off to get our bill. We didn't even get a chance to say anything, he was gone so fast! We tried calling after him but he didn't reply. When he came back we told him that we wanted to use our Dreampas discount and he just barked at us "You have to say so before I make the bill!"
We made a bit of a fuss (obviously, we didn't get the chance to say anything!) that he didn't give us a chance to and that we had a right to use our discount. He made a gesture to follow him, took us back to the entrance and told his coworker that she had to "handle" us. I felt like a dog who wasn't obeying or something!

Honestly, we were SHOCKED at this, I have NEVER had such an encounter with any CM in the resort. Thank God for all the rest of them who were so friendly and cheery all during our trip and made up for this one person!
His coworker handled us just fine by the way and, with a smile on her face, made sure we got our discount.

Afterwards when waiting for Dreams I was so mad at myself for not having looked at his name tag, because then I realized, I should have gone straight to City Hall to complain.

We arrived at 19.55 for a reservation at 20 o clock. Yet we weren't seated untill 20.15. As said, the choice was very limited in comparison to what's in the pictures of previous reviews. We had roast beef, some fish in sauce, a mix of steamed vegetables, boulettes in tomato sauce, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, mickey shaped potatoes, some chicken in a cream sauce, potato gratin. It was less then expected but enough, yet the desserts were a total let down. We had flan au caramel, a brownie/chocolate tarte -ish thingy, yoghurt, 4 or 5 kinds of cheeses, 2 kinds of fruit pie, chocolate mousse and ice creams. Yet this is nothing compared with pictures on here. Where were the mini eclairs, all the pastries and cakes, ... ? I've seen so many good things on the pictures here, yet I didn't even see half of them. :confused3

We had Goofy, Mickey, Minnie for characters. Chip & Dale entered but Chip walked right passed us. We waited patiently and tried calling him when they returned but they simply ran of backstage both of them. :sad:

To keep it short, Inventions was a total let down for us. We felt very ripped of when paying our bill and we won't be returning here.

I hate to put such a bad review after all these good ones, but honestly, besides the view of the park and the characters, I have nothing good to say about it.

We arrived at 19.55 for a reservation at 20 o clock. Yet we weren't seated untill 20.15. As said, the choice was very limited in comparison to what's in the pictures of previous reviews. We had roast beef, some fish in sauce, a mix of steamed vegetables, boulettes in tomato sauce, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, mickey shaped potatoes, some chicken in a cream sauce, potato gratin. It was less then expected but enough, yet the desserts were a total let down. We had flan au caramel, a brownie/chocolate tarte -ish thingy, yoghurt, 4 or 5 kinds of cheeses, 2 kinds of fruit pie, chocolate mousse and ice creams. Yet this is nothing compared with pictures on here. Where were the mini eclairs, all the pastries and cakes, ... ? I've seen so many good things on the pictures here, yet I didn't even see half of them. :confused3

While I enjoyed the food in Inventions (not including the fly on food situation we had!) I have to agree with you - I also found the dessert selection to be limited too. There was nothing like the amount of dessert selection shown on the pics in this thread. We had lunch & dinner here during our stay and the selection at lunch was a lot less than at dinner too. I've also noticed not only have they taken away the chocolate fountain they have now also taken away the freezer with ice-creams ( I've noticed these also mentioned before in this thread) and there were lots of other cakes on the pics here that were missing. Looks like they have upped their prices this year but cut back on food by quite a bit - probably because it's becoming more popular and they're getting away with it.

Sounds like Sunday brunch ( at a higher cost) might be giving you the kind of selection you used to get before at dinner....

We ate there on Monday 23rd for my birthday and even though we were a little late because we had been given the wrong direction to go by a couple of CM's... (we had booked for 6pm but arrived around 6.20) we were sat straight away and were given a window table with a lovely view on the Park.
We found the selection of food very good, the choice of fish was amazing, and so the selection of meat.
The selection of pasta was not so satistying but i am Italian you know and so a *little* fussy about pasta :rotfl: the white spaghetti to be composed with meatballs scared me :scared1::scared1:
I was not much bothered about cakes as we had the birthday cake :cake: and was pretty full after fish and meat but anyway there were many to choose from plus a good selection of cheeses and fruit.
I did just try a lime jelly - and incidentally passed it to Brian straight away as i did not like the way it felt in my mouth :crazy2: - but did not see a fly around and could have had a few cakes if i had felt like that :goodvibes

Me and my 5 year old ate here on monday and thought we would let you know how it all got on...

good news and bad news...

the good news is ...the staff and characters were amazzzzzzzing, really friendly,and sat us at the window etc...characters were brilliant and the look on my childs face was worth every cent :)

we saw stitch,pinochhio,micky,happy feet , rabbit, tigger :cool1:

bad news...

the food!!! i was looking forward to a masterchef style buffet, however i was a bit/very disapointed with what was on offer...now bear in mind we were in at 6ish we were first so plenty of food...

as some of you know inventions is divided up in to 4 serving things...

the first one contained 'starters' there was cheese/ham/mozarella/salsa/plain nachos....

the second one was basically 5 dishes, 3 of which were prawns with the heads on... the other 2 consisted of crab claws and snails....

the main course bit..was suchhhhhhhhh a let down :( nothing apart from garlic lamb was exciting, no cheddar potatos no lasagne..not much in all honestly :confused3 not even chips!!!!

puddings, now i am def a pudding person i could quite happily just eat puddings for breakfast lunch and dinner, i aint fussy either any puds would do ..however ...i was expecting a bit 'special' but alas *sigh* nearly every pud i could have got from cheyenne buffet baring the floating island..tiny pots of creme caramel and moose..which all though look pretty are stilly the same thing but 'dressed'..acouple of tiny tarts...and the only thing they did i havent seen before wer churros (AMAZINGGGGGGG)... there was also a tiny bowl of marshmellows...

not going to lie if you going for characters..then yeah DO IT :rotfl:

if you going for the food...DONT :thumbsup2

My family & l had dinner at Inventions on Tuesday 15th October. We had a reservation for 6pm (opening time), we were seated at a window table overlooking the park entrance, which was nice. The location at the beautiful DLH is fantastic & the character interaction was great too - we saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Perla & Suzy, however compared to our 2 previous meals at Inventions we were disappointed with the buffet this time, the selection available was definitely more limited than before. We had better food & a wider choice at the Plaza Gardens buffet lunch, cost was less than half what Inventions cost. Even with the lovely location & character interaction l didn't think Inventions was worth it this time.
The cost was 53.50 euros adult, 29.50 euros child 11 & under. Total cost for our meal after shareholder's discount was 168.30 euros

We ate here on Monday 2 December 2013 at approx 19:45 after watching Dreams.

I love the DLH, it is so beautiful and we were really looking forward to this meal. We were seated in the large room at the back of the restaurant overlooking the park. There was a good supply of food for all. We don't tend to eat starters so I didn't really take note of what was here. For mains we had a mix of beef, lamb, chicken, pizza, mickey potato, mash potato, baby potato and various other things. I would have liked more sides to chose from, such as rice. The desserts are amazing :love: Gorgeous crepes, floating stuff that I cannot remember the name of, gateaux, cheesecake, rice pudding and the most delicious custard I've ever had. Various sweets for the kids too.

The character interaction was good, with them visiting each table in turn as they usually do at character meals. We met Chip,Dale,Mickey and Eeyore

Although the character interaction was good, I was slightly disappointed that we didn't see more variation or that they were more frequent. The food was good but not any better than the HNY Parkside we've had previously. In fact DH preferred the selection at HNY.

Honestly, for the price - 3 adults, 1 child, each with 1 soft drink 177.46E was a bit much - that includes shareholder discount. Standard price is 54.50 per adult and 29.50 per child. A buffet is also wasted on our DD who eats very little - only one trip to the buffet :scared1:

Even with the negatives I would go again for a special occasion as the setting is just stunning :cloud9:

We ate here on Monday May 19th 2014 at 7.30pm. Our group was 2 adults and 2 kids. The following review is taken from my TR.

We unpacked a little and got ready to dine with Mickey and Co in Inventions. We had a reservation for 7.30pm and arrived a few minutes before. We were seated overlooking Main ST Station and ordered our drinks. The kids had cola and we ordered a Gin and tonic (€13.50 eek!) and a Bacardi Royale (aka Ponchelli which was a bargain at €14 as it had previously been €17 and yes it was that amazing!!).

We were then left to our own devices! No explanation of where to go. Just fend for yourself!

There was an array of salad items and soup on offer for starters but none of them were labelled and I am very fussy about fish so I felt this kind of limited my choices but I did have a nice little plate of salad and some crab claws (very tasty) and Mam had a field day as she loves fish so she had loads of prawns and some crab too.

The kids got straight stuck into the kids buffet and had pasta, meatballs, various goujons and some meat but only found pizza later as it must have run empty when they first went up. I thought the kids choices were very limited and not a patch on the selection at the Chuckwagon or La Cantina. I know it shouldn’t be an issue as there is other starchy options but fries would have been a good idea on the kids buffet but the only place we have ever seen them is at the cheaper buffets. Not every child eats boiled, skin on potatoes or risotto!

Myself and Mam moved onto the main course buffet and had a good selection of what was on offer but again had to play guess the meat as nothing was labelled. I really liked the fillet steak but wasn’t fussed on most of the other meat and Im a serious carnivore! I felt so disappointed with the selection on offer although the accompaniments did go some of the way to making up for this. The risotto and dauphinoise potatoes were AH-MAZ-ING!!! Very very yummy and went so well with the aforementioned steak! The green beans and other veggies were also very nice.

Dessert was an ok affair. It wasn’t the huge selection I was gearing myself up for but the cheesecake…..! It was the same as the fabulous one I’d been raving about and dreaming of since Walts in 2011!! The biscuit base is the important factor in it all – its crunchy and sweet and almost like toffee or something similarly fantastic. Heaven! The rest was ok but no Bavrois (boooo) and it wasn’t something that wowed me.

And you may have noticed I’ve not mentioned the characters….. that is because it was just a bit meh! They barely had the time to sign and get their pictures taken with the kids! So substandard compared to Café Mickey (and if you saw my 2011 review of CM that’s saying a lot!!). We were very disappointed. We saw Pluto, Goof, Dum, Chip, Dale, Eeyore and glimpsed Mickey but he never came near us.

And to finish we had the bill and a minor palpation! €178 including discount. Nice to have tried it but we shant return! Although our waiter was a doll – he noticed my birthday sticker and brought out cake with a candle in and got the room to sing HB to me! I was blushing big time! So Claude our CM was the best interaction we had at Inventions!

Had a dinner on 22nd Marc, 2015. Made a reservation before our trip for 6pm. Were seated in second room, right in the middle. Very disappointed, only 4 characters - Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Eyorie (?). They came more than once, interaction was good, but not for the price you pay. I did write a complaint, but got no answer. Food was great. But I would not do it again, unless they add more characters.

We ate here July 2018 and it was fantastic! First off, we totally screwed up our arrival time and ended up being over 45 minutes late for our reservation - they didn't even blink and immediately showed us to our table. Characters came fast and furious and we had 10 characters!! Rabbit, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale! Many of the characters stopped by 2 or 3 times and were super cute and interactive. The food was also delicious - best buffet we've had at a Disney property. Crab and scallops and shrimp and beef, salads, and pasta and so many desserts and of course French cheese!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter