Invite a lonely person in

Domo

Wotcha
I know it's not Christmas, but...

We've started to care for an elderly neighbour, who has no-one to break bread with throughout the year, the worst of times being Christmas. Loneliness is an evil thing and we as a family make it a point to visit a lonely person every week and to invite them over every Christmas.

It's not much to ask and it transforms their lives.

I post this to ask that you do the same. These people just want a bit of human company. Can you honestly tuck in to a roast dinner and not spare them a thought? You may well find them to be amazing company. Our neighbour, Susan, is enthralling with stories about the War and the blitz, stuff so easily forgotten by the younger generation.

So please, let someone into your lives. You won't regret it.

I know it's not Christmas, but...

We've started to care for an elderly neighbour, who has no-one to break bread with throughout the year, the worst of times being Christmas. Loneliness is an evil thing and we as a family make it a point to visit a lonely person every week and to invite them over every Christmas.

It's not much to ask and it transforms their lives.

I post this to ask that you do the same. These people just want a bit of human company. Can you honestly tuck in to a roast dinner and not spare them a thought? You may well find them to be amazing company. Our neighbour, Susan, is enthralling with stories about the War and the blitz, stuff so easily forgotten by the younger generation.

So please, let someone into your lives. You won't regret it.

That's really nice Domo and at least now you won't be bored anymore helping this person. :hug: Now when you say we, are you married or have a SO? Sorry, just being nosy as I always thought you were living by yourself, mainly because you have traveled so much and all.

That's so thoughtful and really awesome.
You've prompted me to write to my great aunt, who I know often gets lonely. We make sure she's not alone on holidays, but day-to-day it's easy to live our lives without taking time to reach out to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter