Inviting my in-laws - where to put them?

Which room to choose?

• Option 1: Connecting Family OV

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Option 2: Nearby Verandah

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Option 3: Inside Across the Hall

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
so we ended up upgrading both cabins to family verandahs.

Are they still connecting? Because I was going to suggest NOT connecting, given that you said they are private people.

That headline is a loaded question

It really is. I had a visceral reaction because my then mother in law did not get along with me. Nor did she try. Glad others have different experiences, but ye gads that’s quite an initial question

Every time we plan something like this we now ask ourselves “in 10/20/30 years will we regret having spent the extra 1,000/2,000/etc?” And the answer is always NO. Make the memories.
You are investing in memories. I am so happy for your family.
Yep, that’s where I came out too! But sometimes I wonder how Disney does it — every time I think I have found a way to save money, something comes up and I just “have to” spend more than I planned to...

I would go with the connecting rooms if available. Both doors are locked, so you have to willingly open the door to your stateroom for the other room to have access. We always travel with my parents in connecting rooms. No one can just walk in unexpected, so privacy is still intact. We also keep a dry erase board on our connecting door to let them know if we have left our room and where we are since the chat feature on the DCL app can be hit or miss. If that is no longer an option. I would go with the inside stateroom across the hall. It's close enough to keep in touch and maintain the traveling as a family aspect. If on Dream/Fantasy, the magic porthole is fun and can be set to show what is going on outside. There is plenty of room in there for two people. My parents and one of my girls stayed in one on our first cruise and had more than enough room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!