IOA/US or Both

cantwaittogo

Earning My Ears
Hi...we will be in Orlando 10/3-10/10 and plan to spend one day at US. We have 2 dd (ages 7 and 11). Will we be able to do both parks in one day and if not, which one would be more fun for girls this age. They like thrill rides, and I'm not sure which park has more of this type of thing. We're also doing DW and SW during the week, so yes, 1 day is all we have available to use at US/IOA. Thanks for your help. :smooth:

I think I see what you're doing. Flying in October 3rd, visit Disney for 4 days, then fly out October 10th. That leaves you 1 day for SWF and 1 day for US/IOA. Am I right? Using length of stay passes or 4 day tickets?

In October, you can see both parks, but you'll miss out on most of the things at US. If you get to IOA when they open, you can do most of the rides, then go over to US in the afternoon. But the 7 year old will tire out and drag you down. Plus she might not make the height restrictions for the thrill rides at IOA. But you'll have a blast on the water rides and the play area near JP.

If it we're me, I'd combine AK and Epcot into a day. There's not much thrill in these two parks, but alot of walking. Then I'd goto US/IOA for 2 days, even if it means wasting away a ticket at DW. I dunno, we'd have to know your ticket situation and whether the money is a factor. If it's not, then I'd spend 2 days at US/IOA.

We have 5-day Hopper Plus tix. We are planning to do AK in a 1/2 day and probably BB in a 1/2 day. Right now, our plans are to go to Epcot one nite for dinner and catch the Illuminations show, but that is probably the extent of time we will spend there. The rest of the time we will split between MK, MGM and US and SW. We plan to do some EE and E-nites as well. The 7 yo is 48 inches (she'll actually be almost 8), and not to sound overly optimistic, but this child spent all day walking through NYC 2 weeks before Christmas last year (6 yo) and never dragged us down once....and we walked the entire day in weather that I would categorize as blustery. If anything, I think we were more exhausted than she was. She kept right up with the rest of us, so I'm not overly concerned about that. She is the real thrill rider, and from the sounds of these posts, IOA has more of the thrill rides. I know we have a lot on our plate for a one week stay, but our plan to hit US/IOA and SW are not set in concrete either. If we find we can't get to them, or can only get to one, that's what we will do. Since we are from NY have to fly down, this trip isn't something we can afford to do every year (as I know many people on these boards can relate to), so we want to try and do as much as we can while we are there. You guys probably think we're nuts, huh???? :smooth:

Hi can't wait!!!

Me too, we'll be arriving at the HRH in 2 weeks.

Last Sept when we went we went to US for 1 day, IOA for 1 day, then DW for 5 days. My DD was 7 and tall for her age. She kept up with us and loved IOA, she went on the Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Dr Doom, all the thrill rides. At USF she was afraid of Jaws JPRA, she even tried to escape Twister....

Hates anything to do with fire.

Its hard to say, but I would really try to spend a day at each park.

(this year we are totally skipping DW and staying at the HRH for 3 nights)

patty

i agree you are nuts!!!!:D :jester:
hit IOA first and hit it hard fast and early. Next do studios at about 3/4 throttle. that should leave a couple hours to redo those things you really enjoyed.
your kids will love seussland and camp jurrasic, they will get wet if they find the water guns!!! :smooth:

Don't forget if you want to do both IOA/Universal in one day you'll have to purchase 2- 1park tickets or 2 day passes.

We are facing the same situation--we really have only one day for Universal. Although Universal's website denies it, apparently you can buy a one-day, two-park pass. However, several people have previously pointed out that you can buy a two-day pass for not much more, and the second day never expires. I think that's what we're going to do.

I'm starting to see the same threads on the boards here of Disney guests wanting to see IOA/US and SWF during their visit. Add in a water park, or the hotel pool, and time is very limited.

If you get to each park first thing in the morning and beat the crowd, you can park hop and do it.

I don't know what else we're gonna tell these people because more and more and doing the same thing, visiting Disney and wanting to add in IOA/US and SWF for a day each.

The majority will lean towards IOA. SWF is an all day park and worth seeing. And we haven't even put BGT into the mix.

I guess the word will eventually spread that you need more time or repeat trips back. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Still not sure which park we'll go to, but we don't need to even make that decision until we get there. We have one day put aside and I guess we'll figure it out once we get there and see what kind of 'mood' we are all in that day. I will say that right now, we are leaning towards IOA, but that could change, and who knows, we might even attempt both. I wish we did have a few more days, but as it is, the girls will miss 4 days of school with this week we are planning. I guess in the overall scheme of things, 4 days isn't a big deal..however, we ARE talking about NY schools! :smooth: Anyway...thanks to all for your advice and suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter