Iphone XS or XR

Thanks, everybody. We are leaning toward the Xr, since picture quality is not that big a deal to him. He goes to a lot of music festivals and outdoor events and will be without a charger for 14 or more hours at a time. He doesn't want to lug a charger to these kinds of places, so the longer battery life in the Xr would be perfect for him.

He will also be traveling quite a bit next summer and a better battery just feels safer to me. We might feel different when we go to the Apple store and see the two in person. We shall see.

buying it outright. We never lease phones, too much info on them that you can never really erase.
You can toss the encryption key and "erase" an iPhone very securely, very quickly.

I would be surprised that Android phones do not have the same capability.

I just upgraded from a 5S and got there X-R. I paid $598 thru U.S. Cellular.
I hit a case for $39, protective coating on both sides of the phone for $29 and a car charger.
It came to $75 since there was a 25 percentage off accessories.

It is a much larger phone in my hand, but I can hold it just fine. When they down loaded my contacts for my old phone to my new, it barely worked because 5S stopped being supported over a year ago.

I feel it is sad that Apple stopped supporting a product. My phone was working perfect. All in one week, it kept freezing up, crashing and would loose battery life fast.

The price is still ridiculous. But you need a phone. I saw the old fashion flip phone; was not a smart phonein the store and they wanted $200. Crazy.

I hit a case for $39, protective coating on both sides of the phone for $29 and a car charger.

It is a much larger phone in my hand, but I can hold it just fine. When they down loaded my contacts for my old phone to my new, it barely worked because 5S stopped being supported over a year ago.

I feel it is sad that Apple stopped supporting a product. My phone was working perfect. All in one week, it kept freezing up, crashing and would loose battery life fast.

The price is still ridiculous. But you need a phone. I saw the old fashion flip phone; was not a smart phonein the store and they wanted $200. Crazy.
That's a good price. I think it's $750 at the Apple store.

Who told you Apple stopped supporting the 5S? Not true.
https://www.imore.com/what-devices-are-compatible-ios-update

The sales rep at U.S. Cellular
Well he lied to you and sounds like took advantage of the situation. By your description your 5S probably needed a good old fashioned hard reboot and/or software reinstall. In any case as the software gets more and more powerful, the apps become more and more powerful and the device needs to be more powerful to keep up. It’s not that they won’t support a device anymore it’s just that at a certain point they can’t because the device just doesn’t have the hardware to run the latest software anymore. This is any company not just Apple.

Well he lied to you and sounds like took advantage of the situation. By your description your 5S probably needed a good old fashioned hard reboot and/or software reinstall. In any case as the software gets more and more powerful, the apps become more and more powerful and the device needs to be more powerful to keep up. It’s not that they won’t support a device anymore it’s just that at a certain point they can’t because the device just doesn’t have the hardware to run the latest software anymore. This is any company not just Apple.
Damn. I wish that I knew this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter