Ireland questions? First ABD trip!

Mochamac

Earning My Ears
We’ve done everything Disney including all the cruise line options and concierge...but never have we done an ABD trip! It was explained to me worth the money if we enjoy the concierge treatment when we cruise with Disney. I have a 14 and 16 year old traveling with us and they want to be including in the Guinness tour and formal dinner night Im assuming they can be correct? Also, watched a video on someone’s ABD trip and they did a duck boat tour in Dublin and haunted castle tour I don’t see that on our itinerary anywhere so I’m assuming that’s an older version of that trip! Anyone recently go and can give me highlights and must dos? Thank you so very much

I live in Cork .

The Guinness tour is Open for Everyone ( Samples are given to those of correct Age ..... Soft Drinks are given to underage people )

Everyone has to eat And They Should Dine with you .

The DUCK Tour is alive and well & is operational

An Idea Fly to Dublin & look Up Paddy Wagon Tours

Or Hire a car

Mochamac...

We did the ABD tour back in 2008 and had about 10 kids of various ages (8-16) in our group of 40.

There was no duck tour or tour of a haunted castle on our trip either.

The 2020 ABD itinerary looks basically the same as it did 11 years ago with a few changes. The children were allowed on the Guinness tour, the younger ones (like 10 and below) did go off with an adventure guide to another part of the plant while everyone older did the tour. Your teens should be able to to the tour with no issues, they just won't get to sample the beer as the drinking age in Ireland is 18. However, I don't see the tour on the 2020 itinerary. Looks like its been replaced by a whiskey tasting.

Regarding the formal night, did you mean the adults only night in the fancy restaurant? You will have to check with your guide on that one. We had only adults over 18 at that dinner - all the kids were elsewhere.

The hotel in Dublin, the Westin, is the same one we stayed at on our ABD. You are right smack in the heart of everything! Trinity College is right nextdoor (we went to see the Book of Kells) and the Temple Bar area (where all the pubs are) is right across the street. We went to a different pub every night just to hear the music! Children are allowed in the Pubs until 9pm - they are great places to get a comfort food, inexpensive meal. We arrived two days early - so glad we did as there was so much to exlpore on our own.

We stayed in the Killarney Park Hotel but had different activities/sites than whats on the currently itinerary for the Killarney portion of your trip. Love Killarney! The small town backs up to a huge national park, the scenery was breathtaking.

We also stayed in Dromoland Castle - fantastic place!! Breakfast there was the best ever. You must try the porridge - it was outstanding!

If you have any questions - I'm happy to help!! :)

The Dublin Duck tour is a big Daily attraction

It is called The Viking Duck Splash Tour 10 am Every Day ( Look it up )

There are many Haunted Tours .... by bus .. or walking again Google it

waves hi Im from Dublin.

Dublin and Ireland in general is very easy to do DIY. A Hop On Hop Off bus tour in Dublin will get you to a lot more than is offered by ABD You can do Guinness Hopstore, there are at least 2 Whiskey Distilleries, Dublin Castle, Book of Kells, Christchurch Cathedral, Dublina Viking exhibition St Patricks Cathedral, Kilmainham Jail, GPO 1916 Exhibition as well as The Viking Splash River Boat / City tour. There is also a hunted bus tour and many walking tours around the city.

The Westin is a very high end hotel. There are hotels across the street from the Westin which will cost half the price per room per night.

For tours outside Dublin, another recommendation for Paddy Wagon Tours. They do one day tours from Dublin and also longer tours to various parts of Ireland, and they arrange the accommodation too, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter