Irma - impact

We are hunkered into our room we have plenty of food and water.

Had a good day at animal kingdom managed to ride flight of passage today twice with no fast passes. 20 min wait at 8:40 and 45 minute wait at 5pm.

We're at the yacht club and the shop and some food places have been open today, the kitchen staff are in rooms on our floor (4th floor). A lot of people have been evacuated from the coast and are here with their families and dogs - the reception area is like an entertainment centre run by the lifeguards and they did a dog parade this morning!

It's wet and windy up to now but the worst is due this evening (3pm now), our pool was open until 12.30pm today. We did MK yesterday morning which was quiet and then the food and wine at Epcot last night, cooler and less busy. We stocked up on snacks and water at Walmart on Wednesday and Walgreens celebration on Friday.

We're following the storm on the weather channel and I really feel for the people whose homes are on the coast, we can pack up and go home on Wednesday night but the locals here have to face the devastation left behind by Irma.

One last mention of the staff and locals here - they've all given us advice and wished us to stay safe every time we've encountered them, we'll keep coming back because they're so darned nice and appreciative of our custom. We were here for Frances in 2004 too by the way and the parks closed for two days then too!

Seriously worried now that Irma is going to have a big impact on our holiday, a bit selfish I know as it's causing issues all over, should I be contacting Virgin/Disney or should I hold fast.

Been saving for 2 years for this and all planned out ....

We are supposed to travel on the 14th Sept :(
Hope you're all ready for take-off tomorrow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!