Irma Refunds

Snrub

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I was on the Disney Fantasy cruise that left on the 2nd of September and was cut short due to Irma. Not received my refund yet and the other thread on this seems to have died off.

Is anybody still waiting for their refund who was on a shortened cruise? Don't want to harass Disney about it yet if they are still in the process of refunding for thousands of others still.

Hello all,

I was on the Disney Fantasy cruise that left on the 2nd of September and was cut short due to Irma. Not received my refund yet and the other thread on this seems to have died off.

Is anybody still waiting for their refund who was on a shortened cruise? Don't want to harass Disney about it yet if they are still in the process of refunding for thousands of others still.
Mine showed up on 9/13. I never got an email but in checking my credit card I saw the credit.

I was at Disney World and we had to leave 2 days early. When we checked out we were told it would be there within 2 weeks. Since at a week I had not received it, I decided to email them just to have the email going before that 2 week timeframe just in case it did not arrive in 2 weeks. I got an automated response that a cast member would reply within 7 days. So that cast member told me also that it takes 14 days to get it. So I was just a couple days from that 14 days. So nothing. I emailed them again today (I checked out Sept 8), and they told me it was 14 days from the date of my email. I was like, what?? So if I had not emailed them would I never of gotten one? I mean I trust Disney and all, they want us back, I know they are good on that. But I also know how things get over looked. So now I am at a state of I'll see it when it arrives. They said after they issue the refund it can take up to 1-2 billing cycles of my credit account. It's debit, so since I don't check my bank account every week I hope I catch it and not assume it was from a pay check.

I was at Disney World and we had to leave 2 days early. When we checked out we were told it would be there within 2 weeks. Since at a week I had not received it, I decided to email them just to have the email going before that 2 week timeframe just in case it did not arrive in 2 weeks. I got an automated response that a cast member would reply within 7 days. So that cast member told me also that it takes 14 days to get it. So I was just a couple days from that 14 days. So nothing. I emailed them again today (I checked out Sept 8), and they told me it was 14 days from the date of my email. I was like, what?? So if I had not emailed them would I never of gotten one? I mean I trust Disney and all, they want us back, I know they are good on that. But I also know how things get over looked. So now I am at a state of I'll see it when it arrives. They said after they issue the refund it can take up to 1-2 billing cycles of my credit account. It's debit, so since I don't check my bank account every week I hope I catch it and not assume it was from a pay check.

I'm confused... Are you talking about a refund from the WDW Resorts or the Cruiseline? They are two different systems.

Op, we were on a canceled cruise for fantasy 9/9. We got our refunds maybe a week ago, but the refunds went back to the form of payment used. Mine was on my chase visa, while my daughter's was on gift cards. The gift cards took longer. My daughter had to call dcl last week because she had some missing money and the CM pulled up her reservation and corrected the problem and she got the final amount 2 days later. I would call dcl and have your confirmation number. They should be able to answer your questions. Payments were received 7-10 days.

Yes, Beth that is why I said World. I do know that. I was letting the poster know I still haven't gotten one when I was at DW.

Yes, Beth that is why I said World. I do know that. I was letting the poster know I still haven't gotten one when I was at DW.

Ok, I was just confused because as I said, the cruise line and the resorts are on two different systems for payment, so resort refunds really wouldn't have any bearing on cruise refunds.

Hello all,

Have you checked all your forms of payment used for paying off the cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter