Irma, Results for Canceling/Rescheduling ONLY (no debate or if you should or shouldn't)

avic77

Fish out of water
Ok the Irma thread is a crazy mess of people arguing, I am just trying to find out:
If you have called to cancel/reschedule what were your results?
Did you keep your current promo if you had one (like free dining)?
Did you have any trouble making your changes or canceling?

We could not get anything with the military discount for numerous dates in right now I still have my reservation checking in tomorrow because I don't know what to do

This is a good idea, and I'm willing to do a little enforcement if necessary, by removing OT posts.

So, here's how we'll handle the hurricane talk on the Resorts board:

This thread is for those who are rescheduling. Please post here and let us know if you were able to get new dates, if you could keep your promos, and other information about the rescheduling process you think will be relevant and helpful to others.

If you want to talk about the Disney resorts and how they typically handle hurricanes, there are current threads on the Resorts board you can post on. Please use one of the existing threads instead of starting a new one.

If you want to talk about how the parks will be impacted, there's a thread on the Theme Parks board (though it's sort of a running argument about weather forecasts at the moment).

If you want to talk about Irma in general, hurricanes in general, how your hometown is being affected, etc, the Community board is the place to post.

As we start getting closer to projected landfall, I'll put up a thread for people currently at the Disney resorts to talk about their experiences.

I decided to arrive earlier. I was able to book 2 nights at Pop Century using the AP discount ($107/night on average). There seemed to be plenty of availability with the AP discount for a short stay, but that was the only value. So we are doing POP Thurs & Fri night, and POFQ Sat-the following Monday (our original booking).

We were supposed to be at CBR sept. 9-16. I waited on the phone this morning for an hour to talk to a CM who then sent me to guest relations (what is the difference?) And i was on hold almost 2 hours for him. He was very nice. We rescheduled for may 6. Due to my husbands job we cant go until then.

I did not retain my room discount, but he did assure me that discounts for that time period may come later and could be applied (i expected this).

He also told me (and put me on hold for awhile to verify) that i would keep me renovation gift cards i had with my reservation for CBR. Im a bit nervous as to if that is correct.

I rescheduled at 1am last night after being on hold 2 hours. I called reservations first but was told after an hour wait that only Guest Services can transfer my free dining promo to free dining dates that were offered previously, so I was transferred. She said it wasn't guaranteed. I waited another hour and got the nicest CM. She said she would gladly transfer it over to 12/10-12/17. I paid the difference in hotel rates between the two time periods. Because our tickets were purchased originally as part of a bounceback package in 2016, we paid the difference for them too. I ended up paying more, but it was the right decision for us.

I had bought Sept 12 MNSSHP tix through Shades of Green ticketing office. They refunded that with no problem (If you bought through Shades of Green you must call SOG- ask me how I know, LOL). Still waiting for a call back from Shades of Green for a hotel cancellation. The lady I spoke with on Disney ticketing office was willing to exchange the party tickets to a later date or the Christmas Party, but I don't think we will get a chance to be back before the end of the year.

my whole call took over 3 hours, and I had to pay 15 cents a minute from Canada. I was on hold for over an hour, the first woman couldn't help me but was very nice. I was on hold for another hour. I canceled my first two nights but there was no availability showing at Port Orlean French Quarter to add on 2 nights at the end. I booked originally with a room only discount. She told me the only resort that had full availability was Grand Floridian club level, so I added 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside with no discount. She wasn't very helpful but I didn't push her or ask to be transfered, just said thanks and hung up. I might try calling again early next week once the crazy volumes (hopefully) decrease.

On the phone as I write this, cancelling room only reservation, and Night of Joy tickets. Waited 20 minutes to cancel the room. Check-in was supposed to be tomorrow, and the cast member said, without asking, that my deposit would be refunded to my credit card. Now on line with ticketing for 50 mins so far. Patience!!

I called to move our reservation to new dates and they were unable to find availability for our AP discount room at Grand Floridian. The only rooms available were club level, which are outside of our budget.

When I asked about fastpasses (since we are hoping to reschedule for just 2 weeks from now), the CM stated he could transfer me to guest services but that they would probably not be able to make any guarantees about availability.

I ended up just keeping the reservation since I was thinking about all that wasted planning. I am now crossing fingers that things work out weather-wise.

I called to move our reservation to new dates and they were unable to find availability for our AP discount room at Grand Floridian. The only rooms available were club level, which are outside of our budget.

When I asked about fastpasses (since we are hoping to reschedule for just 2 weeks from now), the CM stated he could transfer me to guest services but that they would probably not be able to make any guarantees about availability.

I ended up just keeping the reservation since I was thinking about all that wasted planning. I am now crossing fingers that things work out weather-wise.

When are you checking in ?

I am on hold now for another CM. I don't understand how I could get free dining Saturday to the following Sunday, but not Wednesday through the following Thursday. It is the same week and there is a hurricane! Just seems very unreasonable. I refuse to hand over another $2,000 for something I was getting with my package three days earlier.

We were originally scheduled to stay at the Wilderness Lodge 9/9-9/16. With the potential for Irma to impact our flight if we only shifted by a few days, we rescheduled for the end of the month. Luckily we both have very flexible work schedules to allow this.

My husband had called the other day and spoke to a lovely CM to go over options. At the end of the call, she emailed him with some information and told him to call or email with any questions. We called ticket services yesterday to request a refund for MNSSHP tickets we had for 9/10-- refunded without any issue.

Reading through the Irma thread yesterday and reading the nightmares about waiting 2-3 hours to talk to a CM about hotel reservations, my husband decided to email the CM, Velda, and ask her to give him a call at any time today to talk about rescheduling - it didn't matter what time, he'd make himself available. She called him at 8:30am and immediately told him she had been given the go-ahead to issue a full refund if we wanted to cancel. There was no availability for WL. We could only book Port Orleans French Quarter with an AP discount (I guess that settles whether we should upgrade our tickets...). I'm disappointed because we are essentially paying the same price to stay at POFQ that we were paying to stay at WL. We could not keep our promo (I think it was the 'Enchanted' package).

But... we are looking at this as an opportunity to stay at a new (to us) resort. I know we are lucky to have been able to reschedule for so soon. I wish we could have just shifted days from the front end to the back end, but I am concerned about impacts up the coast (we are in the DC area).

Also of note: we are flying Southwest and our new dates are just outside of the 14 day window from our original departure, but we were not charged the fare difference with the new flight. I hope this post is helpful to someone.

I am on hold now for another CM. I don't understand how I could get free dining Saturday to the following Sunday, but not Wednesday through the following Thursday. It is the same week and there is a hurricane! Just seems very unreasonable. I refuse to hand over another $2,000 for something I was getting with my package three days earlier.

Which FD did you book? BB FD blackout begins this Sunday, Sep 10, while General public FD continues through Sep 30. That may be why.

My TA called yesterday and was told that moving dates would automatically forfeit free dining (booked during general public timing in April)
So I'm a bit bummed.
Going to try and move dates to 9/30 tomorrow and have her ask again about free dining just in case, but not getting my hopes up :(

just tried calling and was disconnected after 32 minutes on hold :( I'm sad that it looks like we'll lose our free dining. We did some research and can stay at the campsites and pay for our dining plan for about the same price as our free dining at the cabins (with the upgraded table service) I'm still on the fence about it all. We are driving our camper down from NY and were planning on leaving friday evening for our monday check in. I'm not sure if it would be worth keeping everything and coming late like tuesday or wednesday.

I spoke with a CM a month or so ago because we had questions about canceling our travel insurance due to the fact that it didn't cover our biggest fear.... a break down on the way and she said we could always move our trip a few days via Disney if that were the case. Now I'm wondering why the same wouldn't apply if we can't make it due to the weather making it so we won't be there in time. My husband doesn't want to be in florida on sunday night when the hurricane is expected to hit the orlando area and with the widespread panic, I'm sure gas will be in short supply the closer we get to storm affected areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter